PDA

View Full Version : Help with cel on pw0

Grimm Reeper
02-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Me and a couple of friends just completed a B-Series VTEC swap in 90 STD Hatch. Now that we actually got the motor to crank, we checked the ecu and it's throwing a 4 and 21. Now we know that those are for the Crank Position Sensor and VTEC Solenoid Valve, so were looking over the wires and need help with finding a way to make the codes disappear, the right way :goodjob:

1flysi
02-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Could just ba a bad sensor in the dizzy, and a bad vtec solenoid. Do you have a extra dizzy laying around? You can check the vtec solenoid by giving it power and listening for a clicking sound. Also check the connections at the dizzy,and vtec solenoid. Triple check the mpfi wiring at the ecu also.

Grimm Reeper
02-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Don't have one around, but were going to go at it again this weekend, but thanx for your help man

Reps :goodjob:

MoonScryer
02-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Code 4 is gone; helps when the DPFI-> MPFI harness is wired correctly by the maker. Code 21 is being worked on last I heard. Was a fun swap to do.

green91
02-19-2008, 07:37 PM
I know for the fact all sensors etc are good on that swap, make sure youve got the solenoid pinned to the correct location on the ecu, its only 1 wire.

MoonScryer
02-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah, it was the Ebay harness that was used - part of it was wired wrong and other color wire was used at the ECU end. It was a freakin' mess. We got it figured out through. Going to work the code 21 tonight a bit.