PDA

View Full Version : Towing with a civic??

GhostRida187
02-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Just curious if anyone on here has ever towed with their civic and if so where and what did you use for the tow hitch or tow package.

jew_boy
02-17-2008, 10:17 AM
ask the Mexicans lol

Master Shake
02-17-2008, 10:17 AM
oh wow....i didn't know it was possible to do such a thing.
what are you towing?

BTLFED
02-17-2008, 10:18 AM
I haven't, because I am not a fuking retard, but I have seen Civics and Accords pulling Jet Skis/Personal Water Craft.

GhostRida187
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
oh wow....i didn't know it was possible to do such a thing.
what are you towing?

Im sure it is, nothing big just a small aluminum trailer for 2 sportbikes or 2 dirt bikes. Ive seen the TDI Jettas do it and figured you could with a civic and still have decent gas mileage while you do it and luagh at all the big trucks that are getting 10-16mpg towing the same **** ya know.

GhostRida187
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I haven't, because I am not a fuking retard, but I have seen Civics and Accords pulling Jet Skis/Personal Water Craft.

Thats pretty close to what I need just a tow package to pull a small trailer, nothing too big. What so retarded about towing a small trailer with a civic and getting excellent gas mileage while you do it? Seems more practical to me than putting oversized wheels and other useless mods on these cars i mean lets face it, they arent meant to be fast. lol

BTLFED
02-17-2008, 10:23 AM
Thats pretty close to what I need just a tow package to pull a small trailer, nothing too big. What so retarded about towing a small trailer with a civic and getting excellent gas mileage while you do it? Seems more practical to me than putting oversized wheels and other useless mods on these cars i mean lets face it, they arent meant to be fast. lol

Google "Civic Trailer Hitch." A million things come up where you can get one.

GhostRida187
02-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Google "Civic Trailer Hitch." A million things come up where you can get one.

Cool thanks, gonna order one tonight.

SiRed94
02-17-2008, 07:46 PM
me and a couple of my bois use to pull other cars that didn't run when we bought them, with our hatchbacks, to avoid paying for towing hahaha... but that was a long time ago, I'd rather just pay for towing, or borrow somebody's truck now, it's not worth the stress on the car to me.... but yeah it is physically possible to tow with them and they do make trailer hitches for them...

hondaxpurt
02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
ya, cause you know civics have the tq for towing:screwy:

Mr. Clean
02-17-2008, 08:22 PM
ya, cause you know civics have the tq for towing:screwy:

x2 haha...

yeah you only have enough torque to pull the car and nothing else so i wouldnt attempt going up any elevated surfaces. unless your good at backing trailers up.

DirtyMechanic
02-17-2008, 08:27 PM
your also going to want to stop the trailer. is the civic able to handle all that weight that doesnt have any brakes. or does the trailer have brakes?

hondaxpurt
02-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Cool thanks, gonna order one tonight.

how many transmissions are you gonna keep on hand for that civic? and why dont you just tow with the truck in the pic if that is in fact yours?

GhostRida187
02-17-2008, 11:44 PM
me and a couple of my bois use to pull other cars that didn't run when we bought them, with our hatchbacks, to avoid paying for towing hahaha... but that was a long time ago, I'd rather just pay for towing, or borrow somebody's truck now, it's not worth the stress on the car to me.... but yeah it is physically possible to tow with them and they do make trailer hitches for them...

Its to tow a small aluminum trailer with 1 bike, thats it. Maybe 500 pounds total. I seriously doubt it will hurt the car. Im not lookin to tow a massive toy hauler or uhaul or anything.

GhostRida187
02-17-2008, 11:44 PM
how many transmissions are you gonna keep on hand for that civic? and why dont you just tow with the truck in the pic if that is in fact yours?

Sold the Lightning months ago.

Humphrizzle
02-17-2008, 11:46 PM
if you want to do it right, get a "hidden hitch"

you attatch it to your car.. looks stupid but it'll get the job done.

DeeAOne
02-17-2008, 11:48 PM
x2 haha...

yeah you only have enough torque to pull the car and nothing else so i wouldnt attempt going up any elevated surfaces. unless your good at backing trailers up.
lmao i read that and i thought of this...

http://www.fquick.com/videos/Tiny_car_attempts_to_tow_trailer/1608

GhostRida187
02-17-2008, 11:50 PM
if you want to do it right, get a "hidden hitch"

you attatch it to your car.. looks stupid but it'll get the job done.

not sure I follow? Its a hidden hitch but looks stupid? If its hidden how do you see it? lol

Humphrizzle
02-17-2008, 11:53 PM
its black, it goes under your bumper.. some black Civic Si in town has one..

i am very picky so it looks dumb to me.

g/l

GhostRida187
02-17-2008, 11:54 PM
its black, it goes under your bumper.. some black Civic Si in town has one..

i am very picky so it looks dumb to me.

g/l

gotcha, so its not totally hidden.

Humphrizzle
02-17-2008, 11:56 PM
nah, just sits slightly under your rear bumper.

GhostRida187
02-18-2008, 12:04 AM
nah, just sits slightly under your rear bumper.

Yeah I know the one your talkin about.

KevinT707
02-18-2008, 12:21 AM
A friend of mine with a B16/Civic towed my car when my clutch went out on the hwy; towed me w/ a tow strap to the nearest gas station with no problems.

sogood
02-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Yes, 3 times a day.

integra82786
02-18-2008, 12:40 AM
jfman has one posted in the parts sale forum. fits integras and civics. if you cant buy that one im sure you can find the same one somewhere.

Mr. Clean
02-18-2008, 06:19 AM
lmao i read that and i thought of this...

http://www.fquick.com/videos/Tiny_car_attempts_to_tow_trailer/1608
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

o shizzle that was great.

cactusEG
02-18-2008, 07:38 AM
ask the Mexicans lol

Fuccking dumb ass....

GhostRida187
02-18-2008, 07:46 AM
jfman has one posted in the parts sale forum. fits integras and civics. if you cant buy that one im sure you can find the same one somewhere.

Yeah, thats the one I ended up going with. Just hope it fits.:goodjob:

Elbow
02-18-2008, 08:08 AM
I towed a Camaro with a CRX, towed it about 25 miles, going the speed limit, even over. Never had a problem. People tow things with Civics all the time, gets yalls head out your JDM asses.

GhostRida187
02-18-2008, 08:09 AM
I towed a Camaro with a CRX, towed it about 25 miles, going the speed limit, even over. Never had a problem. People tow things with Civics all the time, gets yalls head out your JDM asses.

right on! reps to ya.

hondachik
02-18-2008, 08:33 AM
on my way up to atlanta once...i saw a towing train. there was at least 7 different cars pulling other cars down I-85. I saw a Civic, and an Accord pulling. I never thought a Civic would have that type of power under the hood (looks can be decieving, but it looked completely stock). I even saw an Accord yesturday pulling another Accord.

I heard that was illegal though..to tow another car with your own. Guess not.

GhostRida187
02-18-2008, 08:43 AM
on my way up to atlanta once...i saw a towing train. there was at least 7 different cars pulling other cars down I-85. I saw a Civic, and an Accord pulling. I never thought a Civic would have that type of power under the hood (looks can be decieving, but it looked completely stock). I even saw an Accord yesturday pulling another Accord.

I heard that was illegal though..to tow another car with your own. Guess not.

I dont think its illegal if you do it with the proper equipment, not like a rope or chain with someone riding shotgun in the towed vehicle. You also have to have lights on the back like a trailer. Either that or just get someone to ride behind ya.

Tech5
02-18-2008, 09:57 AM
X2...Hey Pete I made a post in feedback, an reps thanks bro:taun:
I dont think its illegal if you do it with the proper equipment, not like a rope or chain with someone riding shotgun in the towed vehicle. You also have to have lights on the back like a trailer. Either that or just get someone to ride behind ya.

GhostRida187
02-18-2008, 11:07 AM
X2...Hey Pete I made a post in feedback, an reps thanks bro:taun:

yeah, cool bro thanks alot!

SLOWR/T
02-18-2008, 11:19 AM
not a civic but........
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/NAFC3S/dsc09630ig1.jpg

GhostRida187
02-18-2008, 11:33 AM
not a civic but........
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/NAFC3S/dsc09630ig1.jpg

Thats the ticket :goodjob:

BTLFED
02-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Thats the ticket :goodjob:

That's also more power and RWD. Hardly the same as a Civic.

Elbow
02-18-2008, 06:08 PM
A Civic will tow a bike or jet ski or something EEEEAAAASSSSYYYYYY

GhostRida187
02-19-2008, 06:50 AM
That's also more power and RWD. Hardly the same as a Civic.

A civic will tow 2 bikes on a trailer no problem. Ive seen it done and even if the tranny goes kaboom its not like i cant find one for 200 bucks somewhere i mean cmon. Horsepower doesnt mean ****, torque is where its at. I think a 1.6L puts out a litttle more than 100hp not sure the torque but unless your going through high level mountains, regular driving on regular roads you can tow a small trailer or a bike trailer or something along that same weight. They do it in the UK all the time and its funny how over there they tend to luagh at those that put oversized wheels and other useless mods or even those that wanna hop of a civic? I mean damn you gotta dump 10k in a civic to even get it close to a real sports car lets face it. By that time you couldve bought a better one and be worth more money for resale. Its funny how alot of you on here luagh at someone actually using a car for its purpose which is cheep transportation and economy, not racing. lol Dont get me wrong though, you can race anything and its loads of fun but to do it to a street legal car just seems like a waste of money to me. I got a civic i got at most 2k in and it gets 40mpg and isnt too sluggish for what it is. IF I wanted something fast I wouldve kept my Lightning or bought another REAL sports car.

Elbow
02-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Well said!

SL65AMG
02-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Just curious if anyone on here has ever towed with their civic and if so where and what did you use for the tow hitch or tow package.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... trucks are for towing dude.... civics are for gas mileage

FlyingStroke240
02-19-2008, 11:55 AM
my buddy has a trailer hitch on his 97 accord and he pulls all kinds of crap with it. he never had any problems.

Elbow
02-19-2008, 12:03 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... trucks are for towing dude.... civics are for gas mileage

They do the job fine, read through the thread :goodjob:

hondachik
02-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't try to pull jack **** with mine.

I'm lucky it even gets me to work with 129k on the original factory timing belt

GhostRida187
02-19-2008, 12:44 PM
They do the job fine, read through the thread :goodjob:

Those damn ricers know better than everything. lol Honestly a 4 cyl. truck wouldnt do it much better than a civic in most cases. So I suppose an underpowered truck with the same hp as a civic would be ok but a civic cant tow just because its a car. lmao

BTLFED
02-19-2008, 05:07 PM
A civic will tow 2 bikes on a trailer no problem. Ive seen it done and even if the tranny goes kaboom its not like i cant find one for 200 bucks somewhere i mean cmon. Horsepower doesnt mean ****, torque is where its at. I think a 1.6L puts out a litttle more than 100hp not sure the torque but unless your going through high level mountains, regular driving on regular roads you can tow a small trailer or a bike trailer or something along that same weight. They do it in the UK all the time and its funny how over there they tend to luagh at those that put oversized wheels and other useless mods or even those that wanna hop of a civic? I mean damn you gotta dump 10k in a civic to even get it close to a real sports car lets face it. By that time you couldve bought a better one and be worth more money for resale. Its funny how alot of you on here luagh at someone actually using a car for its purpose which is cheep transportation and economy, not racing. lol Dont get me wrong though, you can race anything and its loads of fun but to do it to a street legal car just seems like a waste of money to me. I got a civic i got at most 2k in and it gets 40mpg and isnt too sluggish for what it is. IF I wanted something fast I wouldve kept my Lightning or bought another REAL sports car.

Congratulations. You just made a post that had nothing to do with what I was talking about. Who cares what the UK thinks about modifying Civics? Who cares how much it costs to modify a Civic? None of this has anything to do with what I am saying. I don't care if you leave your Civic stock. I don't care that you owned a Lightning. I never said you should "race" your Civic. I don't care what you do with it. It's not my car. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't tow sh!t with a Civic. I have a 4Runner for towing, and a CRX and 510 for toys. I'm not towing anything with the other two.

GhostRida187
02-20-2008, 06:32 AM
Congratulations. You just made a post that had nothing to do with what I was talking about. Who cares what the UK thinks about modifying Civics? Who cares how much it costs to modify a Civic? None of this has anything to do with what I am saying. I don't care if you leave your Civic stock. I don't care that you owned a Lightning. I never said you should "race" your Civic. I don't care what you do with it. It's not my car. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't tow sh!t with a Civic. I have a 4Runner for towing, and a CRX and 510 for toys. I'm not towing anything with the other two.

Do you need a hug?

quickdodgeŽ
02-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Do you need a hug?

As much as you have men on your mind, you'd probably be more than willing to give him one. Later, QD.

GhostRida187
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
As much as you have men on your mind, you'd probably be more than willing to give him one. Later, QD.

guess you need one as well.

EK Hotch
02-20-2008, 05:00 PM
call me a rednek, but i used to have an automatic 96 dodge neon(i got for free) with a tiny reciever hitch. I pulled my waverunner a buncha times and my 14' fiberglass boat a couple times also. BUT this was a free beat-the-crap-outta car! It looked freaking stupid....dodge neon pulling a boat longer than the car!!