PDA

View Full Version : A Little Scared right now...

Brandon C
08-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Ok some of you know but most of you do not...My 30th birthday is in 9 days and I am really getting scared: I am searching for a house and talking about having children with my wife..Things are getting very adult real fast for me. I Love my life and would never change a thing about it except to sell more cars to have more money but other than that I am happy...I do relize that DJing at 4am at a late night club does not really happen that much anymore but I would love to know that all is not Adultish for me and I have the ability to cut lose now and then....

Arggg Just a little Rant from Me to Me

Pher
08-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Someone needs a hug

HyPer50
08-08-2005, 11:54 AM
You could always try your hand at inventing a time machine....

Brandon C
08-08-2005, 11:54 AM
you guys are funnnay.

Scrappy
08-08-2005, 11:55 AM
HI DAD! lol just wait... little mini you's running around. or even worse, they turn out like me :D now that is FUNNNNNAY

The Ren
08-08-2005, 11:56 AM
Lol.. poor guy.. sucks when you realize your getting old huh?

Brandon C
08-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Piss Off..My kids will be well manored Crimanals...

HyPer50
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
haha you said ANAL!

Scrappy
08-08-2005, 12:04 PM
^ crack is bad... i see no anal ;) and buddy ol pal why do i get the 'pissoff' ? i was only kidding, i am well mannered when i need to be :D

Pher
08-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Yeah I looked for the anal too...

HyPer50
08-08-2005, 12:06 PM
CrimANALs...

Theres the ANAL lol... sorry... my brain is still on the pillow sleeping.

The Ren
08-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Yes I see that.. I guess Mr winky is up though huh?

Pher
08-08-2005, 12:08 PM
^ Or in the gutter

civic95
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Well I would say your thinking about the things you should be at 30 yrs old. Don't want to wait too late to have children, or else you won't be able to have much fun with them.

99ITRGIRL
08-08-2005, 12:11 PM
I know how how you feel ...

Brandon C
08-08-2005, 12:34 PM
scrappy no piss off for you...

Scrappy
08-08-2005, 12:35 PM
goodie... lamar... wanna have kids? :D LOL now little lamars=BAD!

chrisdavis
08-08-2005, 01:13 PM
You do not need to have a child right now. Having a child can be very expensive, and as I just bought a house I cannot believe how expensive owning a home is. You are already worried about money and taking on these two resposibilities simultaneously would be a tremendous blow financially. The worst fight you can ever have with a spouse is over money. When my son was born I spent an average of 800 dollars a month on food, diapers, daycare, and clothes. He was allergic to almost every formula we tried except one, which was nine dollars a can and lasted a day and a half. Cheap diapers broke him out, he could only wear Pampers or Huggies(30 bucks a week's worth). And I dont even want to start with the Dr visits (both sick and well). When he turned two and was finally potty trained and eating regular food the expenses dropped signifigantly.
I just bought a house back in May and between remodeling, the mortgage, and things that need to be taken care of there is always money going towards something, I sometimes miss the luxary of having a landlord come fix these things, but they are on me now and they have to be done.

I am not trying to sound harsh or mean but if these two steps are scaring you. You should hold off on one till you are comfortable with the other. I know that there is no way that I could have done both of these things at the same time and there is no shame in admitting that.

Spyder
08-08-2005, 01:40 PM
if you arent ready to grow up, dont. if you are at all unsure about it dont bother with it. trying to act all grown up when you actually arent just results in you being unhappy and working your ass to death. some people need a huge house with a white picket fence and their 2.5 kids . its called keeping up with the jones's and its an american tradition. me personally... i dont need a big ass house with all the fancy this and that, i dont live my life for a house and a car that is average for the neighborhood.. maybe im wrong but i see you being alot like me...

B16a2 Civic
08-08-2005, 01:42 PM
your as young as you feel....

Brandon C
08-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeah I agree we have been discussing Kids but we are not Financially ready but are emotionally ready.. I believe God will show me what direction he wished to take me when He is ready.

And Spyder You Know I love yeah man and yes we are alot alike but wife is nothing like me..

Kristi
08-08-2005, 01:46 PM
You do not need to have a child right now. Having a child can be very expensive, and as I just bought a house I cannot believe how expensive owning a home is. You are already worried about money and taking on these two resposibilities simultaneously would be a tremendous blow financially. The worst fight you can ever have with a spouse is over money. When my son was born I spent an average of 800 dollars a month on food, diapers, daycare, and clothes. He was allergic to almost every formula we tried except one, which was nine dollars a can and lasted a day and a half. Cheap diapers broke him out, he could only wear Pampers or Huggies(30 bucks a week's worth). And I dont even want to start with the Dr visits (both sick and well). When he turned two and was finally potty trained and eating regular food the expenses dropped signifigantly.
I just bought a house back in May and between remodeling, the mortgage, and things that need to be taken care of there is always money going towards something, I sometimes miss the luxary of having a landlord come fix these things, but they are on me now and they have to be done.

I am not trying to sound harsh or mean but if these two steps are scaring you. You should hold off on one till you are comfortable with the other. I know that there is no way that I could have done both of these things at the same time and there is no shame in admitting that.

I agree - a house is very expensive. I have a brand new house - built for me - and things still come up that I have to buy. Plus furnishing a house, all the bills (more than an apt.), then you have the yard maintanence, etc etc etc. I suggest you do one then the other. I bought my house and plan on having kids in a few years. I've been in my house a year now and I'm still trying to get used to all the bills. Everything costs more in a house - but its totally worth it

Leisa
08-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Well speaking from experience, you dont have to give up your life to have kids... every adult with children should always take some time for themselves... otherwise you would go crazy....Turning 30 about killed me as well but after a while you get used to it... you can still be an adult and be a kid at heart... hell look at Brett...lol... Just my 2 cents worth .. :)

Kristi
08-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Well speaking from experience, you dont have to give up your life to have kids... every adult with children should always take some time for themselves... otherwise you would go crazy....Turning 30 about killed me as well but after a while you get used to it... you can still be an adult and be a kid at heart... hell look at Brett...lol... Just my 2 cents worth .. :)

haha, brett is a perfect example! ;)

Brandon C
08-08-2005, 01:53 PM
as far as bills go i have been in house for the last 3 years or so so buying actually saves us about 250 a month...

quickdodgeŽ
08-08-2005, 02:03 PM
HI DAD!

WTF!!!!!! Later, QD.

civic95
08-08-2005, 02:08 PM
goodie... lamar... wanna have kids? :D LOL now little lamars=BAD!

we have to start :idb: first :D

chrisdavis
08-08-2005, 03:03 PM
as far as bills go i have been in house for the last 3 years or so so buying actually saves us about 250 a month...

Is that just the mortgage or does it include property tax, homeowners insurance, HOA fees if any and PMI?

My mortgage is 813 but after all the stuff I need is added in my shit is 1000 a month.

civic95
08-08-2005, 03:17 PM
Is that just the mortgage or does it include property tax, homeowners insurance, HOA fees if any and PMI?

My mortgage is 813 but after all the stuff I need is added in my shit is 1000 a month.

That's just the morgage part. Add atleast another $400 in utilities.

chrisdavis
08-08-2005, 03:24 PM
That's just the morgage part. Add atleast another $400 in utilities.

Then dont forget shit like trash service, termite service, HVAC inspections and tune ups, and upping your car insurance to keep someone from taking your house in the event of an accident.

civic95
08-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Then dont forget shit like trash service, termite service, HVAC inspections and tune ups, and upping your car insurance to keep someone from taking your house in the event of an accident.

yep! there are lots of things one doesn't think about when they stop renting. Plus it would be good if you could put away another $100 a month for (a roof every 10-15 yrs, new HVAC stuff every 20 yrs if your lucky, painting every few yrs (if you don't have vinyl siding), carpet replacement, plumbing problems, water heater every 5 yrs or so, tree cutting, etc.)

Brandon C
08-08-2005, 04:20 PM
I will say ask Jamie what it includes I have been paying like 1050 or more for my rent and I pay all utilities now plus....I can tell you that with escro and all it will save me still $150 a month

Kristi
08-08-2005, 04:23 PM
I will say ask Jamie what it includes I have been paying like 1050 or more for my rent and I pay all utilities now plus....I can tell you that with escro and all it will save me still $150 a month

damn, my mortgage payment is about $60 more than your paying for rent. that is crazy and my mortgage went up. but then there are all the utilities too.

but that sucks dude. come buy my house. lol

actually the one across from me is for sale. :D

Brett
08-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Brandon, you are as old as you let yourself get. Look at me, I am 33 and am still a kid at heart and I dont see that changing anytime soon. But we all have to take on bigger things in life at some point in our lives.