PDA

View Full Version : My son @ Durhamtown today.

BUGMAN
02-15-2008, 10:40 PM
Austin @ Durhamtown
Just a few shots from a cheapo camera phone. I left mine at the truck in fear of losing it and this was the only camera we had between the 4 of us.

This trip was planned for him to get use to his new quad. Anyone else been there? We try to go at least once a month and planning on camoing out there one weekend in the near future if anyone cares to join us. This place is really cool and a lot of fun for experienced or non experienced riders.

Sorry for the poor quality but enjoy.

P.S. I will take a better
camera next time.

Revmaynard
02-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Yee-haw!

Enjoi_yo
02-15-2008, 11:29 PM
I plan on going there in a couple weeks with my dad. Seems like a fun place to ride.

sleepin240
02-15-2008, 11:30 PM
been there and that place is awesome. i was on a raptor 660 and almost killed myself out there, but it was definitely worth the rush...a ****load of trails.

SNapper
02-15-2008, 11:32 PM
Sweet man. Last time I was there, in November, I got cut off by a girl on a dirt bike while I was topped out in 6th gear. Still healing from that one...

BUGMAN
02-15-2008, 11:32 PM
I plan on going there in a couple weeks with my dad. Seems like a fun place to ride.

Shoot me a PM when your going if ya don't mind and we may be able to meet you guy's out there to ride a little.

BUGMAN
02-15-2008, 11:34 PM
Sweet man. Last time I was there, in November, I got cut off by a girl on a dirt bike while I was topped out in 6th gear. Still healing from that one...

Yeah there are dumbazz's everywhere and no matter how safe you ride someone else can always ruin your day. I do have to give Mike and his crew props on all the One way trails, etc. because that helps a ton on other people causing innocent riders injuries.

By any chance was it say a around 15 yr. old blond on a bike 3x her size? We were there in November and saw her there but she seemed to be riding really well. Just wondering.

2.3 Evo 8
02-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Looks like fun.

On a side note. Chris, you should see how my buddys 67 fastback is coming. I know he spoke to you when I gave him your number. It is one crazy build and should be done by the end of the year.

NevrNufTorq
02-15-2008, 11:45 PM
great pics even with the cam phone!!! :goodjob:

BUGMAN
02-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Looks like fun.

On a side note. Chris, you should see how my buddys 67 fastback is coming. I know he spoke to you when I gave him your number. It is one crazy build and should be done by the end of the year.

Yeah man we talked several times and he seemed like a super nice guy. I am looking forward to seeing the outcome because it seemed that he had excellent taste in cars.

Hope I helped him out a little bit, he had a ton of questions and great ideas.

redrumracer
02-15-2008, 11:50 PM
doing that kind of stuff make me receive a great scar on my ankle, and i still dont think it is healed up all the way cuz i can feel a void under the skin.
but other than that its a lot of fun.

Andy_013
02-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Looks like it was fun.

Enjoi_yo
02-16-2008, 12:08 AM
I will. I should be getting a new bike late next week , but I'm not sure if I'll be ready to ride anything big for awhile because of a pretty bad crash.

BUGMAN
02-16-2008, 05:43 PM
That would be fine. We usually just cruise the trails, etc. but have to stop sat the tracks for a break and a few of the younger ones rip it on the track while we rest. :)

HiPSI
02-16-2008, 09:20 PM
looks like fun. i've been meaning to go try it out.

SNapper
02-17-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah there are dumbazz's everywhere and no matter how safe you ride someone else can always ruin your day. I do have to give Mike and his crew props on all the One way trails, etc. because that helps a ton on other people causing innocent riders injuries.

By any chance was it say a around 15 yr. old blond on a bike 3x her size? We were there in November and saw her there but she seemed to be riding really well. Just wondering.

Yeah a KTM right? What the hell how do you know.

BTLFED
02-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Looks like your son is used to his new quad LOL

I wish I rode. :(

BUGMAN
02-17-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah a KTM right? What the hell how do you know.

Ha Ha I think we were there in the same time frame range.

It was only me and Austin there that week on our old Quads but she was there for a week or more and then coming back the following week.

BUGMAN
02-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Looks like your son is used to his new quad LOL

I wish I rode. :(

Why don't you? We have several that ride with us that don't do all the crazy azz stunts and high jumping. We just have 2-3 that are balls to the wall 24/7 and our son just happens to be one of them.

He was getting use to it out here in our back yard but then managed to talk us into taking him to D'Town...

If ya ever decide to get one your more than welcome to bring it out here to get use to it.

Here are a few shots of the back/front yard playing. Plenty of fun to get use to a new bike or quad.

keevo54
02-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Ill hit you next time we head over in a few weeks. New kennys hills are sweet. Me on my bros yz250f http://youtube.com/watch?v=1NhcDBBpTCw

BTLFED
02-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Why don't you? We have several that ride with us that don't do all the crazy azz stunts and high jumping. We just have 2-3 that are balls to the wall 24/7 and our son just happens to be one of them.

He was getting use to it out here in our back yard but then managed to talk us into taking him to D'Town...

If ya ever decide to get one your more than welcome to bring it out here to get use to it.

Here are a few shots of the back/front yard playing. Plenty of fun to get use to a new bike or quad.

Man that looks like fun! The last time I rode anything was a 3 wheeler 20 years ago. Haven't rode anything since. Once money permits I am thinking about getting a quad though.

Kalifornia087
02-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Thats awesome, thats the same track i was teaching myself how to jump properly on last time i was there. I've been to d-town three times with my friend riding his quad. We have a blast every time we go.

BUGMAN
02-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Ill hit you next time we head over in a few weeks. New kennys hills are sweet. Me on my bros yz250f http://youtube.com/watch?v=1NhcDBBpTCw

Sounds good man... We like to go on Fridays and get there @ 9a.m. because there is no crowd and very peaceful day of riding.

Video looks cool and yes Kenny's Hill's rock!

BUGMAN
02-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Man that looks like fun! The last time I rode anything was a 3 wheeler 20 years ago. Haven't rode anything since. Once money permits I am thinking about getting a quad though.

Honda has a special right now that is $39 a month @ 3% for the first 2 years or 5.99% complete. :) Wait another month or so and it will get even better. With the economy going to hell like it is they are coming up with some awesome deals.

Check out this 250 EX, great for a starter and less likely to kill yourself.

http://www.cycleworldathens.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=099638X2K17K2008J1I37I5 8JPMQ898R0&veh=53834&CatDesc=ATVs&ModelYear=2008

Here is what Austin bought. It is the 450r and very likely to cause broken bones. :eek:

BUGMAN
02-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Thats awesome, thats the same track i was teaching myself how to jump properly on last time i was there. I've been to d-town three times with my friend riding his quad. We have a blast every time we go.

You really no to go now and check out Kenny's Hills along with all the new trails/tracks. They did a ton of work in January and improved the place a lot.

WickedIXMR
02-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Honda has a special right now that is $39 a month @ 3% for the first 2 years or 5.99% complete. :) Wait another month or so and it will get even better. With the economy going to hell like it is they are coming up with some awesome deals.

Check out this 250 EX, great for a starrter and less likely to kill yourself.

http://www.cycleworldathens.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=099638X2K17K2008J1I37I5 8JPMQ898R0&veh=53834&CatDesc=ATVs&ModelYear=2008

Here is what Austin bought.
I actually got a really good deal last year on financing for my motorcycle. I got 0% finacing for 3 years. But if i dont get it paid off by 3 years the interest is 19% but im sure ill get it paid off by then. I have no riding buddies so im selling it and getting a used cr125. Does durhamtown have any trails?

BTLFED
02-17-2008, 01:51 PM

Check out this 250 EX, great for a starter and less likely to kill yourself.

Here is what Austin bought. It is the 450r and very likely to cause broken bones. :eek:

That's a good deal. Does anyone still make 2 strokes? lol

WickedIXMR
02-17-2008, 02:25 PM
That's a good deal. Does anyone still make 2 strokes? lol
Dude man i would just get a used 2 stroke. Im getting a used 1998 cr125 that doesnt run but all it needs a rebuilt top end which on 2 strokes are easy as fu.ck. 2 stroke motors dont last nearly as long as a 4 but they are soooo much easier to rebuild. Say for instance, you buy a used 4 stroke and it has a messed up motor and you dont know it. Its gonna cost you a lot to get it fixed depending on what it is. But for a 2 stroke, its gonna be really cheap to fix.

BTLFED
02-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Dude man i would just get a used 2 stroke. Im getting a used 1998 cr125 that doesnt run but all it needs a rebuilt top end which on 2 strokes are easy as fu.ck. 2 stroke motors dont last nearly as long as a 4 but they are soooo much easier to rebuild. Say for instance, you buy a used 4 stroke and it has a messed up motor and you dont know it. Its gonna cost you a lot to get it fixed depending on what it is. But for a 2 stroke, its gonna be really cheap to fix.

I definitely want a 2 stroke, that's why I was asking that. My dad & my uncle enduro raced back in the day and had 2 strokes. I love the sound of them and ease of maintenance.

keevo54
02-17-2008, 03:08 PM

Yea Durhamtown has a ton of trails. If I were you id look for early 2000's 250s, a lot better than the 98 and you will like the power.

S II K
02-17-2008, 03:15 PM
dude this place is the shiiat. me and blackix tend to go alot during the summer. shoot me a pm next time you go

S II K
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I definitely want a 2 stroke, that's why I was asking that. My dad & my uncle enduro raced back in the day and had 2 strokes. I love the sound of them and ease of maintenance.

correction 2 strokes require alot more maintnence then a 4 stroke needs.

josh hurry up and buy my cr125. ill help you change the piston. I NEED CASH ASAP! lol

keevo54
02-17-2008, 03:21 PM

True but when a 4 stroke does need maintenece it gets expensive quick

BTLFED
02-17-2008, 03:34 PM

I know that. I said "ease of maintenance" i.e. they are much easier and cheaper to work on. I know they require more maintenance than a 4 stroke. That doesn't bother me.

BUGMAN
02-17-2008, 05:01 PM
I actually got a really good deal last year on financing for my motorcycle. I got 0% finacing for 3 years. But if i dont get it paid off by 3 years the interest is 19% but im sure ill get it paid off by then. I have no riding buddies so im selling it and getting a used cr125. Does durhamtown have any trails?

Did someone say trails?

Trail Notes

Over 60 miles of of one-way, well-marked trails
7 Mile swamp trail loop with jumps for fun
4 different motocross tracks for all types of riders 1.3 miles, 2.3 miles, .8 miles, and .6 miles super cross adult mx)
2 PEEWEE tracks for the kids
DRAG STRIP (dirt)
Over 8,000 acres of (over 80 miles ATV/Dirt Bike marked trails from Beginner to Experienced)
Pine woods (both tight and open trails), Hardwood ridges, 7 miles of river bottoms, woods, enduro and hare scramble trails and much more to explore.
ATV rentals available
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL RIDERS! Equipment rentals and sales available.
This is not updated but I think they now have over 80 miles of trails, 5-6 MX tracks including a Beginners track all the way up to the Pro-Track. This place is really versatile meaning that it can handle some of the best free style competition in the states but at the same time designed for family groups. We take the whole family out there and have a blast. If you have never been you really need to go and check it out for yourself.

If anyone cares to get dirty I will be more than happy to play To-Mater for ya. This is what I take when I just want to cruise and relax.

BTLFED
02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Did someone say trails?

Trail Notes

Over 60 miles of of one-way, well-marked trails
7 Mile swamp trail loop with jumps for fun
4 different motocross tracks for all types of riders 1.3 miles, 2.3 miles, .8 miles, and .6 miles super cross adult mx)
2 PEEWEE tracks for the kids
DRAG STRIP (dirt)
Over 8,000 acres of (over 80 miles ATV/Dirt Bike marked trails from Beginner to Experienced)
Pine woods (both tight and open trails), Hardwood ridges, 7 miles of river bottoms, woods, enduro and hare scramble trails and much more to explore.
ATV rentals available
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL RIDERS! Equipment rentals and sales available.
This is not updated but I think they now have over 80 miles of trails, 5-6 MX tracks including a Beginners track all the way up to the Pro-Track. This place is really versatile meaning that it can handle some of the best free style competition in the states but at the same time designed for family groups. We take the whole family out there and have a blast. If you have never been you really need to go and check it out for yourself.

If anyone cares to get dirty I will be more than happy to play To-Mater for ya. This is what I take when I just want to cruise and relax.

Man that is awesome! You guys are really making me want to get a quad like soon LOL

BUGMAN
02-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Man that is awesome! You guys are really making me want to get a quad like soon LOL

Well WTF are you waiting on? If ya get one we will met ya to ride somewhere or like I said before you can bring it out here to get use to it first if ya want to.

con
02-17-2008, 08:41 PM
man, when you said kid I was thinking toddler...looked like buddy was kicking ass out there.

BUGMAN
02-17-2008, 10:16 PM
man, when you said kid I was thinking toddler...looked like buddy was kicking ass out there.

You lost me... Who said something about a kid? My son just turned 16 if that's what you were referring to.

Is that your bike in your avatar? I miss the Mt runs on my bikes.

con
02-17-2008, 10:34 PM
You lost me... Who said something about a kid? My son just turned 16 if that's what you were referring to.

Is that your bike in your avatar? I miss the Mt runs on my bikes.

yea, I was thinking a younger son.

as for the bike, not yet......soon though, that is if the old bank book can take the hit.

BUGMAN
02-17-2008, 10:58 PM
yea, I was thinking a younger son.

as for the bike, not yet......soon though, that is if the old bank book can take the hit.

Here is a few pictures of him @ the age of 15 that may impress ya a little more. :)

Good luck on the bike. :goodjob:

SNapper
02-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Ha Ha I think we were there in the same time frame range.

It was only me and Austin there that week on our old Quads but she was there for a week or more and then coming back the following week.

how'd you know she was the one that hit me

i bruised up my left knee, right toe, right shoulder, took her handle bar to my ribs, dislocated my left elbow, all sorts of ****.

BUGMAN
02-18-2008, 08:39 AM
how'd you know she was the one that hit me

i bruised up my left knee, right toe, right shoulder, took her handle bar to my ribs, dislocated my left elbow, all sorts of ****.

Lucky guess... I told my son the day we were there that she was just looking for an accident. She rode really well but a little careless.

Sounds like you got banged up pretty good... Everything OK now and ready to ride again right?

SNapper
02-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Lucky guess... I told my son the day we were there that she was just looking for an accident. She rode really well but a little careless.

Sounds like you got banged up pretty good... Everything OK now and ready to ride again right?

nah I still have problems with my elbow and knee. plus my bike got trashed.

keevo54
02-18-2008, 12:24 PM
nah I still have problems with my elbow and knee. plus my bike got trashed.
Just out of curiousity what happened?

BTLFED
02-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Well WTF are you waiting on? If ya get one we will met ya to ride somewhere or like I said before you can bring it out here to get use to it first if ya want to.

It's something I am definitely going to work on. I really appreciate the offer to bring it out there to get use to it when I do get one! :goodjob:

SNapper
02-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Just out of curiousity what happened?
I was trying to catch up with some friends of mine so I was topped out in 6th gear down this gravel road. I started passing a group of people that were going fast but a lot slower then me. I passed about 4 of them but when I went to pass the last one(the leader) she hit the brakes and turned straight in front of me from my right. She never looked back or anything. She was trying to turn down some side road I guess. I ended up taking her handlebar to my stomach and broke her footpeg off with my right foot. I slammed into her and flipped off my bike to the left and went tumbling through some shrubs and saplings on the side of the track. Then layed there for about 20 minutes till the paramedics came.

BUGMAN
02-18-2008, 06:08 PM
I slammed into her and flipped off my bike to the left and went tumbling through some shrubs and saplings on the side of the track. Then layed there for about 20 minutes till the paramedics came.

Sounds like a fun ride except for the pain that came with it.

Just remember.... Scars are Tattoos but with better stories. :)

SNapper
02-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Sounds like a fun ride except for the pain that came with it.

Just remember.... Scars are Tattoos but with better stories. :)
lol none of my wounds showed except the abdomen part a little bit. It was all internal. She actually had metal handle bar guards that stuck out the sides. If I didn't have a kidney belt on it would have cut straight through me for sure.

keevo54
02-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Damn that sucks. Most of the people at Durham are slow as balls through the woods. I always pass them slowly though cuz they have a tendency to drift or swerve at the wrong times.

BUGMAN
02-20-2008, 08:37 PM
March 1st (next Saturday) we will be doing it again if anyone is interested in going.

Several of you mentioned it and I received a few PM also so here is your notice.

We will have a few utility quads there also so if your more into the mudding and hill climbing bring em on and let's do this already. :cheers:

Oh and for those of you that have been before here is an updated picture of Kenny's Hills from the topside where there use to be only trees and a small trail cutting through. Tell me this doesn't blow your mind.

SNapper
02-21-2008, 11:05 AM
March 1st (next Saturday) we will be doing it again if anyone is interested in going.

Several of you mentioned it and I received a few PM also so here is your notice.

We will have a few utility quads there also so if your more into the mudding and hill climbing bring em on and let's do this already. :cheers:

Oh and for those of you that have been before here is an updated picture of Kenny's Hills from the topside where there use to be only trees and a small trail cutting through. Tell me this doesn't blow your mind.
where's the picture?

BUGMAN
02-21-2008, 01:13 PM
This CRS is getting to my old azz.

Here ya go.

Enjoi_yo
02-21-2008, 01:51 PM
^^^
That looks awsome. I can't wait till I get the chance to head up there. If only I lived a little closer :(

keevo54
02-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Both are real easy. Just sucks bc whenever you hit the step up in the picture it seems like the sun is always in your eyes

keevo54
02-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Another angle. Click for high res and click full screen
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/2/3922581067.jpg (http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=7648301)

BUGMAN
02-22-2008, 03:25 PM
So next weekend anyone?

keevo54
02-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Depending on the weather me and my brother will probably be up there. Ill send you a pm mid week when I know for sure.

BUGMAN
02-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Sounds good to me!

Weather is showing sunny all weekend with highs in the low-mid 60's. Perfect riding weather no doubt.