PDA

View Full Version : car trouble

EJdm
02-15-2008, 07:10 PM
coming home from the mall and my car start acting up...the battery light came on for a few seconds and off again then my power steering starts to get hard and the battery goes on and off every time i turn...i get home off engine open the hood and tells my bro to start the car on and i realize that none of my belts was running???? but my car is running??? somebody tell me what this is??? stock jdm d15b

JayL
02-15-2008, 09:18 PM
check the tension on your pullys

Grimm Reeper
02-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Wow damn Santana, it sounds like the keyway in your crank came out or something, because all of the belts turn off the crank pulley and if they're not turning that's more than likely the problem. Now get that fixed bro :goodjob:

cactusEG
02-19-2008, 06:12 PM
you didnt finish taking the motor out ?

EJdm
02-19-2008, 11:16 PM
naw its freaking cool and im just to damn tired (lazy)...yea i had a feeling it was that key thingy...lol

GSRtegŪ
02-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Hope you get it fixed Santana.

DeeAOne
02-20-2008, 12:11 AM
wait, call me stupid but i dont see how the car is running if the crank is not spinning. someone please explain..haha

Grimm Reeper
02-20-2008, 05:04 AM
wait, call me stupid but i dont see how the car is running if the crank is not spinning. someone please explain..haha

The same thing happened to me in my single cam. The bolt wasn't on there tight enough so it started to slide out and yea it's still on the crank and able to spin but not at 100% that's when things start to die on you and you're not able to crank up and go very far because the crank isn't fully turning the motor. :thinking:

cactusEG
02-20-2008, 07:25 AM
naw its freaking cool and im just to damn tired (lazy)...yea i had a feeling it was that key thingy...lol

If you have free time this week end, I could finish helping u...

dcshoeco
02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
If you have free time this week end, I could finish helping u...

Wouldnt mind helping either man if i have time lol..Actually i might make time we just cant forget the beers lol..:cheers:

cactusEG
02-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Wouldnt mind helping either man if i have time lol..Actually i might make time we just cant forget the beers lol..:cheers:

check it santana, 2 helping hands....

EJdm
02-21-2008, 12:45 PM

tell me that again but i was driving it for probably a good 5 miles before i got home and check it...and yup motor started but none of the belts was running and the crank wasnt spinning either...but my cusin told me why and how lol i dont remember but yea

Mad Mike
02-21-2008, 09:19 PM
crank was spinning if the motor was running. the main pully wasnt moving because the keyway probly came out. had this problem after I swaped on my underdrive pully. forgot the keyway and started the car and it ran fine but the pully was sitting still.
Also if the bolt was really tight the crank could spin and the pully would spin untill it lossened up and the the pully stoped.

(yea didn't make much sence to me ether I'm to tired to try to figure out what I ment.)