PDA

View Full Version : General Chat lowering law

low mileage
02-15-2008, 01:49 PM
anyone heard anything about a law being passed where you automobile cant be lowered no more than a inch or two from the factory specifications?

? sounds kinda awry to me but if one know anything about this ?

81911SC
02-15-2008, 01:50 PM
How about you do a search faggo t?
Here or google, shi t, I don't care.

Killer
02-15-2008, 01:58 PM
don't know specifics... but yeah, i was pulled over for my tails being out and the cop said i could get in trouble for being more than 3 inches below factory suspension...

IDCoconut
02-15-2008, 02:02 PM
lol. that ****'s been around forever. Nothing new.

I used to drive a bagged mazda pickup. Ask me how I know.

Zeeb
02-15-2008, 02:49 PM
theres something i heard where ur head lights cant be below 22 inchs from the ground or some ****... i forget exactly tho. and maybe that was in cali. lol

quickdodgeŽ
02-15-2008, 04:13 PM
You can NOT alter your vehicles suspension above or below 2" of ride height. Later, QD.

mocha latte cupcake
02-15-2008, 04:14 PM
beat me to it dizzle...

David88vert
02-15-2008, 04:23 PM
You can NOT alter your vehicles suspension above or below 2" of ride height. Later, QD.

...legally...... (might want to add that part).....

Nissangeek
02-15-2008, 04:24 PM

What he said. I actually have a friend that got a warning for it.

Got Milk?
02-15-2008, 05:24 PM
How about you do a search faggo t?
Here or google, shi t, I don't care.

here is the link to google in case he doesnt know.

google.com

Zeeb
02-15-2008, 05:29 PM
here is the link to google in case he doesnt know.

google.com

actually thats not a link, thats a url, this is a link.

http://www.google.com

man
02-15-2008, 08:08 PM

Pretty much, although they let the trucks do it :thinking:

jew_boy
02-15-2008, 08:18 PM
A bill (H.B. 192) has been introduced in the Georgia legislature by Rep.
Bobby Parham that would ban ANY vehicle whose suspension was altered more
than two inches above or below the factory recommendation. Previously, this
law only applied to private passenger cars - not trucks. The bill also
requires lenses on taillights to meet federal standards and not be "covered
or consist of anything other than reflective material installed as original
factory equipment or its equivalent replacement."

o H.B. 192 would ban reasonably altered vehicles due to overstated concerns
with bumper mismatch.

o H.B. 192 discriminates against hobbyists and aftermarket parts makers by
leaving it solely to the vehicle manufacturers to choose vehicle heights.

o H.B. 192 would force owners of modified vehicles to spend large sums of
money to reinstall original components.

o H.B. 192 would ban useful alterations that provide adequate clearance for
on/off road capability and accommodate heavy loads, larger tires, improved
suspension and water-fording capability.

o H.B. 192 would ban taillamp covers even when the lamps are not in use.

speedminded
02-15-2008, 09:33 PM
A bill (H.B. 192) has been introduced in the Georgia legislature by Rep.
Bobby Parham that would ban ANY vehicle whose suspension was altered more
than two inches above or below the factory recommendation. Previously, this
law only applied to private passenger cars - not trucks. The bill also
requires lenses on taillights to meet federal standards and not be "covered
or consist of anything other than reflective material installed as original
factory equipment or its equivalent replacement."

o H.B. 192 would ban reasonably altered vehicles due to overstated concerns
with bumper mismatch.

o H.B. 192 discriminates against hobbyists and aftermarket parts makers by
leaving it solely to the vehicle manufacturers to choose vehicle heights.

o H.B. 192 would force owners of modified vehicles to spend large sums of
money to reinstall original components.

o H.B. 192 would ban useful alterations that provide adequate clearance for
on/off road capability and accommodate heavy loads, larger tires, improved
suspension and water-fording capability.

o H.B. 192 would ban taillamp covers even when the lamps are not in use.Good info! :goodjob:

The orginal/current law states:

40-8-6. Alteration of suspension system; operation of vehicle with broken springs

(a) It shall be unlawful to alter the suspension system of any private passenger motor vehicle which may be operated on any public street or highway more than two inches above or below the factory recommendation for any such vehicle.

(b) It shall be unlawful to operate any private passenger motor vehicle upon any highway, roadway, or street if the suspension system of such vehicle has been altered more than two inches above or below the factory recommendation for such vehicle.

(c) It shall be unlawful to operate any motor vehicle upon any highway, roadway, or street if the springs relative to the suspension system are broken.

Catnip
02-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Where do these laws get enforced?

In Warner Robins, nothing like exhaust, height, etc has been enforced, or so I've seen. According to these laws my mustang is illegal to drive, not to mention my exhaust. I've accidentally driven by a cop at 3500+ rpms with highly illegal exhaust and nothing is said.

Oh well, domestics that don't get paid attenton to FTW.:D

DeeAOne
02-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Where do these laws get enforced?

In Warner Robins, nothing like exhaust, height, etc has been enforced, or so I've seen. According to these laws my mustang is illegal to drive, not to mention my exhaust. I've accidentally driven by a cop at 3500+ rpms with highly illegal exhaust and nothing is said.

Oh well, domestics that don't get paid attenton to FTW.:D
i have heard your stang and it is LOUD. haha

Catnip
02-16-2008, 12:31 AM
i have heard your stang and it is LOUD. haha

lol, where at?
You're not the first person from IA that has told me that...:D

DeeAOne
02-16-2008, 12:35 AM
you were on russell near the moody intersection. your stang is always at wendy's.

Catnip
02-16-2008, 12:48 AM
you were on russell near the moody intersection. your stang is always at wendy's.

ah yes, my workplace. Nothing like $5.85 per hour on a part time job to pay $50 per week in gas and $200 per 3 months on insurance.

How loud is it? I don't know if you heard it when I sometimes run 1st gear out from the light to the parking lot or if i shifted.

DeeAOne
02-16-2008, 12:52 AM
ah yes, my workplace. Nothing like $5.85 per hour on a part time job to pay $50 per week in gas and $200 per 3 months on insurance.

How loud is it? I don't know if you heard it when I sometimes run 1st gear out from the light to the parking lot or if i shifted.
well im not sure. you were just cruising near gold cup bowling center. i could tell it would be loud if you opened it up though.

and plus ive seen you run at silver dollar. haha

Catnip
02-16-2008, 12:56 AM
well im not sure. you were just cruising near gold cup bowling center. i could tell it would be loud if you opened it up though.

and plus ive seen you run at silver dollar. haha

omg is it loud WOT.

Did you see me run the night i finally got a 14 or when I still had flowmasters?

DeeAOne
02-16-2008, 01:03 AM
omg is it loud WOT.

Did you see me run the night i finally got a 14 or when I still had flowmasters?
idk it was a cold night in november. i remember that much

Catnip
02-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Loud as hell and ran a 14... that night all my friends and girlfriend(ex now...) were there too.

But did it look to be launching hard?
I broke my friends shifter in his 97 rattle canned civic (B16a) shifting to second when he let me race it, still ran a 15.1

DeeAOne
02-16-2008, 01:15 AM
Loud as hell and ran a 14... that night all my friends and girlfriend(ex now...) were there too.

But did it look to be launching hard?
I broke my friends shifter in his 97 rattle canned civic (B16a) shifting to second when he let me race it, still ran a 15.1
yeah it left pretty hard for a 14 sec car. wheel hopped almost everytime off the line. haha

Catnip
02-16-2008, 01:26 AM
yeah it left pretty hard for a 14 sec car. wheel hopped almost everytime off the line. haha

haha, feels like it launches hard. It never really hooks up without slicks, but i dont have any:( . Pretty sure im gonna miss it if I sell it just because the low end torque and such.

speedminded
02-16-2008, 02:25 AM
haha, feels like it launches hard. It never really hooks up without slicks, but i dont have any:( . Pretty sure im gonna miss it if I sell it just because the low end torque and such.What's the 60' time?

Catnip
02-16-2008, 11:10 AM
What's the 60' time?

2.1 most of the night.

jadakid88
02-16-2008, 11:19 AM
wow! i only thought that law was in ca.

01CDMLUDER
02-17-2008, 01:58 AM
whats gay is that the cops will only pull over imports that are lowered a few inches and not trucks that are jacked up a few feet!! i dont get pulled over for anything but i hate it when a jacked up truck gets behind me and their lights are blinding me bc they're up so high!

skillzilla
02-17-2008, 03:01 AM
actually thats not a link, thats a url, this is a link.

http://www.google.com

Thats actually not a URL, smart ass, its a domain. Next time you sharp-shoot someone make sure you're correct.

southside
02-17-2008, 05:58 AM
my friend got pulled over driving my other friends car the cop pulled us over for no reason. Then when he got up close he seen it was a small ass crack in the window.He was like i pulled you over cuz you had a crack in your window. I think it was cuz the car was too low ,because he asked is this legal we was like what he was like having your car this low.He said i didnt know if it was my friend kept tellin him its been lowered right with tein and DOT approve he was like ok.

Lucky.
02-17-2008, 03:09 PM
my friend got pulled over driving my other friends car the cop pulled us over for no reason. Then when he got up close he seen it was a small ass crack in the window.He was like i pulled you over cuz you had a crack in your window. I think it was cuz the car was too low ,because he asked is this legal we was like what he was like having your car this low.He said i didnt know if it was my friend kept tellin him its been lowered right with tein and DOT approve he was like ok.

:english:

Zeeb
02-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Thats actually not a URL, smart ass, its a domain. Next time you sharp-shoot someone make sure you're correct.

Is the same thing moron, domain is a dumby term for it. Thanks for trying.

skillzilla
02-18-2008, 01:54 AM
Actually, its NOT the same thing, dummy. Once again, try taking your own advice and googling an answer before you respond back. A URL requires a defined protocol to be valid. www.abc.com is a domain, http://www.abc.com is a URL. So are https://www.abc.com, ftp://www.abc.com, ftps:// etc. You get the point.

The two are not interchangeable.

Fr33way
02-18-2008, 02:14 AM
dumby

No results found for dumby.
Did you mean dumbo (in dictionary) or Dumboy (in encyclopedia)?

quickdodgeŽ
02-18-2008, 02:43 AM

Later, QD.

Zeeb
02-18-2008, 09:45 AM
No results found for dumby.
Did you mean dumbo (in dictionary) or Dumboy (in encyclopedia)?

lol either or.

southside
02-18-2008, 10:07 AM
They dont usually trip on being low in my area.Think thats the least of cops problems around here.

southside
02-18-2008, 10:08 AM
:english:Sorry I'm too lazy To :D

Zeeb
02-18-2008, 12:47 PM
Actually, its NOT the same thing, dummy. Once again, try taking your own advice and googling an answer before you respond back. A URL requires a defined protocol to be valid. www.abc.com (http://www.abc.com/) is a domain, http://www.abc.com (http://www.abc.com/) is a URL. So are https://www.abc.com (https://www.abc.com/), ftp://www.abc.com (ftp://www.abc.com/), ftps:// etc. You get the point.

The two are not interchangeable.

want a cookie?

skillzilla
02-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Sure. I'll bet you could google (http://google.com) a place to pick some up, too :goodjob:

low mileage
02-18-2008, 04:08 PM
/\ lmao

liquidforcd3
02-18-2008, 08:43 PM
got ticketed in the honda couple years ago. excessive noise from aftermarket exhaust. $75 later and i was on my way again.

matthewAPM
02-18-2008, 08:46 PM
anyone heard anything about a law being passed where you automobile cant be lowered no more than a inch or two from the factory specifications?

? sounds kinda awry to me but if one know anything about this ?

damn...im fu.cked. im about 2 inchs from the ground

HachiDori
02-18-2008, 11:04 PM
**** that law.....http://a581.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/44/l_5496b3a37519788494270a1c6ae43b6c.jpg

d_day87
02-19-2008, 06:00 PM
pendergrass police (on the way to commerce) enforce the hell out of everything. if you have a modified car with anything done to it, don't go to pendergrass. i know people with quiet exhaust that looks like it would be a fart can, and they pull them over and find 57 different things to write tickets for. hillbillies i swear

Catnip
02-19-2008, 10:25 PM
damn...im fu.cked. im about 2 inchs from the ground

I wish my datsun had that much ground clearance.

:ninja:

nDrew
02-21-2008, 03:31 AM
havent heard anything yet in GA

speedminded
02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
They dont usually trip on being low in my area.Think thats the least of cops problems around here.It's a reason to pull you over silly. If they're suspicious of someone having drugs, alcohol, etc. they need a reason to pull them over: seatbelt violation, tint, loud exhaust, colored lights, or if they're all out of other options they can almost always say it's lowered too much. Whether they plan on giving a ticket or warning it just gets you on the side of the road to see how nervous you act.

wrekonize
02-27-2008, 03:09 PM
thats a dumb law what if you were over weight and when you drove you car it slammed more that two inches would you still be ticketed...

speedminded
02-27-2008, 03:21 PM
thats a dumb law what if you were over weight and when you drove you car it slammed more that two inches would you still be ticketed...LOLOL, how low of a spring rate do you suppose that would take? As soft as a worn out 70's Cadillac and it still wouldn't do that.