PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin opening Nürburgring test center

EJ25RUN
02-14-2008, 08:45 AM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/02/aston_nordschleife_1280.jpg

from autoblog

"""Seeing as they spend a lot of time testing vehicles at the Nürburgring, Aston Martin has decided to set up shop with a permanent test/engineering facility at the famous circuit. The automaker has obtained an existing structure and is busy preparing the facility for a May 2008 opening. All new models go through a final long-distance shakedown on the track, and having their own shop next to the Nordschleife gives them a handy base at which they can also host customer-focused events that use the 'Ring as part of the draw. Aston Martin loves the track, and has used it as the inspiration for the V8 Vantage N400 road car, itself inspired by the exploits of the company's N24 factory racer. The above rendering of the facility has been released, giving a great idea of what the new facility will look like... if it was to be part of the online world in Second Life."""

Because of David Richards, Aston Martin has brought themselves back to the levels of Ferrari and Porsche and im so happy about it.

Im mean a GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4, and even an LMP entry. :goodjob:

Boostedek
02-14-2008, 09:34 AM
I JUST SEEN ONE TODAY THE DB9 MODEL LOOK HOT..

speedminded
02-14-2008, 09:51 AM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2008/02/aston_nordschleife_1280.jpg

from autoblog

"""Seeing as they spend a lot of time testing vehicles at the Nürburgring, Aston Martin has decided to set up shop with a permanent test/engineering facility at the famous circuit. The automaker has obtained an existing structure and is busy preparing the facility for a May 2008 opening. All new models go through a final long-distance shakedown on the track, and having their own shop next to the Nordschleife gives them a handy base at which they can also host customer-focused events that use the 'Ring as part of the draw. Aston Martin loves the track, and has used it as the inspiration for the V8 Vantage N400 road car, itself inspired by the exploits of the company's N24 factory racer. The above rendering of the facility has been released, giving a great idea of what the new facility will look like... if it was to be part of the online world in Second Life."""

Because of David Richards, Aston Martin has brought themselves back to the levels of Ferrari and Porsche and im so happy about it.

Im mean a GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4, and even an LMP entry. :goodjob:That's the most ridiculous looking rendering i've seen since the mid 90's lol!

I want a loft/shop on the 'ring :D

matthewAPM
02-18-2008, 04:18 PM
from autoblog

"Seeing as they spend a lot of time testing vehicles at the Nürburgring, Aston Martin has decided to set up shop with a permanent test/engineering facility at the famous circuit. The automaker has obtained an existing structure and is busy preparing the facility for a May 2008 opening. All new models go through a final long-distance shakedown on the track, and having their own shop next to the Nordschleife gives them a handy base at which they can also host customer-focused events that use the 'Ring as part of the draw. Aston Martin loves the track, and has used it as the inspiration for the V8 Vantage N400 road car, itself inspired by the exploits of the company's N24 factory racer. The above rendering of the facility has been released, giving a great idea of what the new facility will look like... if it was to be part of the online world in Second Life."""

Im mean a GT1, GT2, GT3, GT4, and even an LMP entry. :goodjob:

BTW, there is only GT1 and GT2...

WhiteLightning
02-18-2008, 04:20 PM
cool

EJ25RUN
02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
BTW, there is only GT1 and GT2...

i disagree

GT3
FIA European GT3 Series

GT4
FIA GT4 European Cup

Aston Martin 2008 GT line up ~ Not just ALMS...Global!

GT1 - DBR9
GT2 - Vantage GT2
GT3 - DBRS9
GT4 - Vantage N24

matthewAPM
02-18-2008, 04:32 PM
i disagree

GT3
FIA European GT3 Series

GT4
FIA GT4 European Cup

Aston Martin 2008 GT line up ~ Not just ALMS...Global!

GT1 - DBR9
GT2 - Vantage GT2
GT3 - DBRS9
GT4 - Vantage N24

haha. i never read the first post so i didnt know what ur talking about. all i saw was GT1GT2GT3GT4 so i put that....helps to read.

EJ25RUN
02-18-2008, 04:36 PM
haha. i never read the first post so i didnt know what ur talking about. all i saw was GT1GT2GT3GT4 so i put that....helps to read.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k14/lindsay-martin/reading-rainbow.gif

dazn
02-19-2008, 09:42 PM
That's the most ridiculous looking rendering i've seen since the mid 90's lol!

I want a loft/shop on the 'ring :D

that is definitely the worst thing Ive seen in a long time. I wonder who released that. They should be ashamed of themselves.

The LMP1 entry is just as an engine provider to a Lola chassis. An entry nonetheless.