PDA

View Full Version : almost done

0\s accord
02-14-2008, 08:14 AM
almost done with my system wanting to go big so i dont have to redo it later. got two mono class d power acoustik amps.running at 1 ohm pushes 2000 watts.:crazy: also got the hooker box for both speaker love the box all i need now is the 2 10" power acoustik mofo's 2400 watt and the 2 bass drivers and a big battery wish me luck :cheers:

BanginJimmy
02-14-2008, 01:09 PM
whats a bass driver?

b@d @pple
02-15-2008, 06:58 PM
don't take this wring but your right your almost done......putting a bunch of s h i t in your car

BanginJimmy
02-15-2008, 09:09 PM
don't take this wring but your right your almost done......putting a bunch of s h i t in your car

I was trying to be nice.

David88vert
02-15-2008, 09:52 PM
I couldn't agree more. Can't stand PA junk.

0\s accord
02-25-2008, 08:16 AM
all a bass driver does is give your amp a kick in the ass but its well worth it

Turbo04
02-25-2008, 11:13 AM
all a bass driver does is give your amp a kick in the ass but its well worth it

LoL@well worth it. If by well worth it you mean another piece of **** equipment piece that is junk and makes it sound even worse then it did before, then sure. I bet it's gonna be well worth it. For real though please explain exactly what it does (if you even know). This sounds like one of the installs I've seen before where the ppl "wanted it done right" so tweeters were screwed into the a pillar panels, all wires visible, and amps sitting loosely in the trunk with the wires just shoved into the terminals with no ends on them. :D

gobraves00
02-25-2008, 06:23 PM
it boosts your rca input, if you dont know what you are doing you will clip the hell out of your speakers and blow them

BanginJimmy
02-25-2008, 07:57 PM
it boosts your rca input, if you dont know what you are doing you will clip the hell out of your speakers and blow them

that would be called a line driver.

0\s accord
02-27-2008, 08:17 AM
power acoustik call them bass drivers but is the same as a line driver and yes i know what im doin not like some ppl that have their **** bouncin around in the trunk and burn the car to the ground it will be done in about 1 to 2 weeks

Allstar3.8T
02-27-2008, 08:39 AM
I think what everyone is saying is good luck, You may need it with power acoustik. It has a well earned reputation in the audio community, apparantly what we know of it, and what you think of it are polar opposites.

99GAGT
02-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Power Acoustik makes the Best Buy brand subwoofers rofl.

0\s accord
02-29-2008, 11:59 PM
and for the person that said somethin about how pa made best buy subs rockford f made lightning audio and rockford f makes some really good **** so u cant hate because of that man think alittle

99GAGT
03-01-2008, 12:38 PM
and for the person that said somethin about how pa made best buy subs rockford f made lightning audio and rockford f makes some really good **** so u cant hate because of that man think alittle

Did I say anything about Rockford or Lightning? No.
Is Rockford a good brand of sub? No.
Is this thread absolutely retarded? YES.

BTLFED
03-01-2008, 12:41 PM
LOL at this dude thinking Power Craptasic is a good brand! :lmfao:

You are going big alright. :rolleyes:

JASONBALL
03-01-2008, 02:30 PM
maybe he is doing what he can afford. the enclosure and layout might be awsome. so in the future he might jump to a higher end sub.

I have only ran name brand before that was rockford about 4 years ago. ever since then. just ebay brands. doesn't matter how exspensive or good they might or might not be. it is how you display them ore set them up. I have seen some pretty ****ty kmart subs in the right box. kill some other brands out there.

why does everyone have to hate.

JayKnight
03-01-2008, 04:29 PM
why does everyone have to hate.

Because this is IA, I thought you knew that.
It is one of the 2 things they are good at.

1 Hating
2 Lowballing.

Later !!!

BTLFED
03-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Because this is IA, I thought you knew that.
It is one of the 2 things they are good at.

1 Hating
2 Lowballing.

Later !!!

Hating?

1) It's not hating, you jackass
2) You are only saying this because you drive a riced out waste of a Prelude and you get called out all the time on here. :slap:

BanginJimmy
03-01-2008, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=JASONBALL]I have seen some pretty ****ty kmart subs in the right box. kill some other brands out there.[\QUOTE]

I'll call shenanagins on this one. Crappy gear leads to crappy results no matter how good the enclosure is. Good gear can still sound crappy without a proper enclosure though.

also for what he is spending on the subs, he can get better quality. Something like an IDMAX 12 will sound MUCH better.

Dracc
03-01-2008, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=JASONBALL]I have seen some pretty ****ty kmart subs in the right box. kill some other brands out there.[\QUOTE]

I'll call shenanagins on this one. Crappy gear leads to crappy results no matter how good the enclosure is. Good gear can still sound crappy without a proper enclosure though.

also for what he is spending on the subs, he can get better quality. Something like an IDMAX 12 will sound MUCH better.

he says that jimmy because to the un trained ear.. shiit sounds good.. trust me .. when i used to work in audio shops i'd hear so much distortion in jimmy rigged cars till i'd get mad.. but the owners would swear up and down it sounded great.. until they sit in my car.... cheap audio results in cheap results.. remember that.. rule of thumbs when it comes to anything you purchase.. do your research.. you get what you pay for .. .

BTLFED
03-01-2008, 05:48 PM
[QUOTE=BanginJimmy]

he says that jimmy because to the un trained ear.. shiit sounds good.. trust me .. when i used to work in audio shops i'd hear so much distortion in jimmy rigged cars till i'd get mad.. but the owners would swear up and down it sounded great.. until they sit in my car.... cheap audio results in cheap results.. remember that.. rule of thumbs when it comes to anything you purchase.. do your research.. you get what you pay for .. .

Exactly. You can't get a steak dinner for Taco Bell prices.

Dracc
03-01-2008, 05:48 PM
power acoustik call them bass drivers but is the same as a line driver and yes i know what im doin not like some ppl that have their **** bouncin around in the trunk and burn the car to the ground it will be done in about 1 to 2 weeks

i had to laugh at this.. power acoustiks top of the line sub stil cant hold up to equipment i have and had.. yes the mofo's are nice.. and HUGE.. .but cosmetic looks are not functionality

Dracc
03-01-2008, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=Dracc]

Exactly. You can't get a steak dinner for Taco Bell prices.

best way to put it simpily

0\s accord
03-01-2008, 11:39 PM
i think the only one that is makin since is jasonball and i thank u for it
and i agree with him to u dont have to have the most expensive products to be the loudest and not all ppl want good sound i care about what is louder im 17 and i dont think daddy bought anything i own 2 mofo 10's and 2 class d 2000 wat amps probally aint the best but it is damn good

Dracc
03-02-2008, 12:09 AM
and i agree with him to u dont have to have the most expensive products to be the loudest and not all ppl want good sound i care about what is louder im 17 and i dont think daddy bought anything i own 2 mofo 10's and 2 class d 2000 wat amps probally aint the best but it is damn good

and i bet, you cant tell me how they are wired... the impedence of the sub with out going to the site.. and the site requires you to be 18 so ban for you

BanginJimmy
03-02-2008, 12:26 AM

No, its not "damn good". Its still low end gear no matter what you think. Would you mind telling us how much you paid for all that "damn good" gear? I can assure you I can think of 3 combos that will sound better, cost less and most likely get louder at the same time.

BTLFED
03-02-2008, 07:14 AM

So what you are saying is that you don't care how horrible it sounds as long as it is loud? HAHAHAHAAHHAAHA! :lmfao:

News Flash: That is NOT "damn good." That is garbage. You don't think your daddy bought anything you own? Does that mean you still believe in Santa Claus? Or that you bought everything yourself? You make no sense. I should ban you for being underage and lying about your birthday on your profile, but lets just see how this plays out.

Turbo04
03-02-2008, 11:05 AM
He must be out with his "damn good" system and won't be back for a while cause it's "so loud". :)

THEONE
03-02-2008, 11:15 AM
ahh,let him do what he wants. if he thinks its damn good stuff let him think that. i remeber a time when i thought my pyramid 10 inch sub and rockwood amp were bad assed. he will figure it out.

Dracc
03-02-2008, 11:32 AM
everyone started off with a ****ty system that they thought was the SHIIT.... IE me.. my 1st system was 4 mtx black road thunder 10's and 2 pioneer 760 amps... i thought i was the shiit.. until i read up on other systems and heard other peoples systems and quickly found out just because you turn the gain all the way up on the amp and wire things positive to positive and negative to negative doesnt mean its right and sounds good to the trained ear

0\s accord
03-03-2008, 07:35 AM
for 1 yeah i bought all my stuff

0\s accord
03-03-2008, 07:36 AM
2 how can i afford its called a job ? try one?

BTLFED
03-03-2008, 04:52 PM

B!tch I didn't say how can you afford it. Anyone can afford $30 worth of garbage. -------------------->

JayKnight
03-03-2008, 05:06 PM

Let me see, you are 17 OK..... :blah: :blah: :blah:

Me: I will take a number 1 combo, with large fries, a large coke,
2 Apple Pies, and a Hot Fudge Sundae.
You: Thank you, please pull to the 1st window.

Later !!!

BanginJimmy
03-03-2008, 05:24 PM

funny. Before I quit working to goto school I paid more in taxes a week than you make in a week. Then again I also had bills like a mortgage, insurance, car, and lights to worry about.

honda4life
03-06-2008, 08:20 AM
you guys are mean no power acoustic is not the best stuff but atleast he is going with the top of the line power acoustic you know he could be doing alot worse and i say for your first system that aint to bad its definatly alot better than my first one quality comes with experience he will get it in time im sure but good luck with your set up.

Dracc
03-06-2008, 07:47 PM
you guys are mean no power acoustic is not the best stuff but atleast he is going with the top of the line power acoustic you know he could be doing alot worse and i say for your first system that aint to bad its definatly alot better than my first one quality comes with experience he will get it in time im sure but good luck with your set up.

for the money he's spending on that system he could do better.. its called research.. guess they dont teach it in school anymore

0\s accord
03-06-2008, 09:26 PM

thank *honda4life i have heard what a 15 power acoustik was and it hit like 142 on the scale and he only had 2000 watts going to it and i didnt want to be just like that guy so i bought 2 tens and im pretty sure its goin to be louder* ok i did not sort of mean what i said louder is better if u go to cleveland tn just about everyone has a system and i have heard just about everything except jl's most of thier stuff is junk so i wanted to be better but when i get on here i get ragged on because i dont have 10 grand in the trunk when i wont have more than 2 yeah u dont alwayz need alot of money to be good and again *honda4life* ty

Dracc
03-07-2008, 12:06 AM
thank *honda4life i have heard what a 15 power acoustik was and it hit like 142 on the scale and he only had 2000 watts going to it and i didnt want to be just like that guy so i bought 2 tens and im pretty sure its goin to be louder* ok i did not sort of mean what i said louder is better if u go to cleveland tn just about everyone has a system and i have heard just about everything except jl's most of thier stuff is junk so i wanted to be better but when i get on here i get ragged on because i dont have 10 grand in the trunk when i wont have more than 2 yeah u dont alwayz need alot of money to be good and again *honda4life* ty

my IQ went down 30 points reading that shiit......... who has 10 grand in there system on here.. raise ya hand * looks around* nobody.... so if 1 15 on 2000 watts hit 142 on this "scale" then another 15 with 2000watts would mean it would hit 284 on this scale.. and last time i checked you'd go def after 30 seconds in 180 DB or higher... good look with your GROUND POUND SYSTEM myfriend

0\s accord
03-07-2008, 07:53 AM
if it went down why did u read it? simple as that and btw it hit 142 db and u knew what i ment u just wanted to be a smart ass about it rite? grow up man

Dracc
03-07-2008, 03:15 PM
if it went down why did u read it? simple as that and btw it hit 142 db and u knew what i ment u just wanted to be a smart ass about it rite? grow up man

Grow up.. I'm a grown ass man... watch how and who your's talking to youngster... yes I knew 142db.. but the average dumbass.. like ya self.. wouldnt know if it wasn't explained to them first.... 142 DB on a termlab.. hahaha.. NOPE.. dont believe it.. now one of those walmart decible readers.. yeah i believe you all day

BanginJimmy
03-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Umm, I'm willing to bet R Rated has 10k+ in his system, but he is also using very high end gear.

For comparison though. I had:
2 RE XXX 15's 860 shipped
1 US Amps DE-3000 ~1500 retail at the time
Eclispe AV8533 head unit 2300
Front speakers A/D/S ~600 if I remember correcly
Kenwood KAC-??? amps for the front >200

Total: ~5300

Far less than 10k and it was MUCH louder, and MUCH cleaner than yours will be.

You can also cut out the 2300 head unit because you can get an equal signal to the amps with a $300 head unit.

so thats down to ~3k worth

For the price of those MOFO 10, you could have gotten an couple of DD 3510's that would have been louder and cleaner for nearly the same price.

yerrow
03-08-2008, 05:54 AM

not a single comma or period...ugh

BTLFED
03-08-2008, 08:34 AM

You are a moron. I hit 142db back in the day with one Lanzar DC 12 in a transmission line box and a Kicker amp in my CRX, and I bet that I didn't have as much in it as you have in your Power Craptastic equipment. And your last post barely even looked like English, but did you actually say that JL Audio is crap?! Bahahahaha! You are dumber than a box of sh!t.

JayKnight
03-08-2008, 08:48 AM

:lmfao: :screwy: :lmfao: :lmfao: :screwy: :lmfao: :lmfao: :screwy:
Cleveland TN....are you F U C K I N G Serious. I live about 30 minutes from there, and I know of only a couple car up there that are even worth a second look. Most of the DumbA$$es there think that their crap is the best.

I do know that there is not one good stereo shop in Cleveland, TN, and ever since Tweeter/HiFi Buys closed the doors, all the Cleveland kids, have to resort to the cheesey shop or Wal-Mart, Best Buy or Circuit City (Non of which have a clue how to properly install (maybe a couple installers) and non do custom work.

DUDE !!! Cleveland TN is not what I would use to set the standards.
You are Sofa King Retarded.

Have a nice day !!! :cheers:

SOHC MONSTER
03-08-2008, 12:19 PM
WOW...... I go to wholesale places and PA is so cheap, even at retail prices. And wtf is a bass driver? You mean line driver?
Let me fill you in on something... This is IA. If you don't know what you are talking about then your best bet is to not say anything. You will dig yourself a hole you can't get out of.
Second of all, stay in school. You obviously need to learn grammer all over again.
142db's? Are you kidding me? I worked in 3 different shops and 135-high 140's is average for any piece together system. I could hit harder with a water logged box with better equipment than PA. For the money you spent you should take banginjimmys advice and step it up. First, return the garbage you purchased.

Dracc
03-08-2008, 09:14 PM
WOW...... I go to wholesale places and PA is so cheap, even at retail prices. And wtf is a bass driver? You mean line driver?
Let me fill you in on something... This is IA. If you don't know what you are talking about then your best bet is to not say anything. You will dig yourself a hole you can't get out of.
Second of all, stay in school. You obviously need to learn grammer all over again.
142db's? Are you kidding me? I worked in 3 different shops and 135-high 140's is average for any piece together system. I could hit harder with a water logged box with better equipment than PA. For the money you spent you should take banginjimmys advice and step it up. First, return the garbage you purchased.

troof... when i worked at Fry's as an installer... i hooked up a system for a kid... 6 mtx road thunder 10's and one.. count it... ONE... memphis 1000.1 class D... now.. mind you i have to convience him to let me do the system... he still wanted me to hook it up wrong.. but he still hit 147DB with mtx's bottom line subs... the cones were made of paper

2.3 Evo 8
03-10-2008, 09:33 PM

I can't read this garbage. That is one long ass sentence.

BTLFED
03-10-2008, 09:35 PM
I can't read this garbage. That is one long ass sentence.

Public school has failed this kid. That's also why he is using Power Acoustic equipment.

Dracc
03-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Public school has failed this kid. That's also why he is using Power Acoustic equipment.

its not his fault.. remember ... daddy doesnt pay for his hard earned things

Z32redondo
03-11-2008, 03:38 PM
I had 2 alpine type R's and a crappy kenwood amp that would blow all your **** away...paid about $800 for it all. One of the cheapest loud systems I have had. Tore apart some of my buddies.

and...you suck at life

BanginJimmy
03-11-2008, 05:35 PM
I had 2 alpine type R's and a crappy kenwood amp that would blow all your **** away...paid about $800 for it all. One of the cheapest loud systems I have had. Tore apart some of my buddies.

and...you suck at life

thats nice, but mine was louder and probably cleaner too.

Dracc
03-11-2008, 07:56 PM
thats nice, but mine was lauder and probably cleaner too.

mine to

Z32redondo
03-11-2008, 10:22 PM
thats nice, but mine was louder and probably cleaner too.

mine to

Oh I wouldnt even doubt that...mine was in the convertible and every system I had in that sounded nasty as **** because that car just isnt made to put subs in...Hell came factory with 2 door speakers and thats it.

BanginJimmy
03-12-2008, 05:43 AM

and...you suck at life

Oh I wouldnt even doubt that...mine was in the convertible and every system I had in that sounded nasty as **** because that car just isnt made to put subs in...Hell came factory with 2 door speakers and thats it.

hmmm

Z32redondo
03-12-2008, 07:49 AM
hmmm

I know contradicting...let me go into further detail...

OK the 300zx convertible has the main area of the car where the driver and passenger sit. Behind both seats is a steel wall. Then behind that steel wall is an 18 gallon gas tank along with another steel wall and then a trunk. The "cabin" or whatever you want to call it is fully sealed off from the trunk. Bass travels through the car but the volume and whatnot it can be heard is just low. A buddy of mine had the same system I had except it was in an open truck rather than concealed toy. On the outside it had the image of a loud ass system, and the sound of a loud sound system. But inside ya it was loud, just not as loud as it could have been in another car.

When I had the lifted white Z71 I had the same type R setup it it and it was 2x as loud. Same box and everything.

So ya no doubt it was "loud" But with how many watts I had running to it, it should have been louder. Someone with maybe 400 watts as opposed to my 850 watts would have been a good "match".