PDA

View Full Version : need some help on 305tbi

OneSlow5pt0
02-13-2008, 12:42 PM
alright,been having little touble with my camaro,i hooked up a fuel pressure gauge to watch it,and when i go to crank it,it takes between 7-10 secs to crank..and the fuel pressure is very slow rising..which at idle it ranges from 7 1/2 to 9psi...and round 8psi when driving......also when i crank it it will go from 500rpms to 1300rpm without touching gas...it move backs in forth,and if u try to drive it before letting it set idling for round 5mins it will buck like not getting anuff gas...all these times that idle is eratic or bucking the fuel pressure stays the same...it will also bog down like its gonna stall when u first crank it,so u have to give it some gas,and i hold it at bout 1k rpms till it can hold the 650rpm ild like it should....and when driving soemtimes the rpms will go back in forth between round 250rpms...and when it does this,u can whine the engine up but it dont seem to go anywhere....but then sometimes it wil lrun great and the power is there

any ideas?

OneSlow5pt0
02-13-2008, 12:44 PM
also threw a code for oxygen lean.........

Blitanicle99
02-13-2008, 06:24 PM
Hmm... obviously a fuel problem. Check your fuel filter first, they are like 3 bucks to replace. If not, you may be looking at a fuel pump. Chevy fuel pumps go out. Its a known fact. And they are funnnnn to replace.

jew_boy
02-13-2008, 06:32 PM
just take out the gauge, or is it that important

OneSlow5pt0
02-13-2008, 06:37 PM
Hmm... obviously a fuel problem. Check your fuel filter first, they are like 3 bucks to replace. If not, you may be looking at a fuel pump. Chevy fuel pumps go out. Its a known fact. And they are funnnnn to replace.

im pretty much sure its the pump or might be the line in the tank that runs to the pump,could hae hole it or something,i also clamped off one of the lines and thier was no change in pressure....this is a 91 w/ 128k miles on it

but yea,its gonna be huge pain this weekend dropping the rear end

Blitanicle99
02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
GM pumps go out. The one thing I highly highly recommend is getting the actual GM pump. I put a napa pump in my dads truck and completely regret it. If it gets really hot and you drive it for like an hour now the truck shuts off because the pump cant take the heat. Get the GM pump, they cost more but its not worth being stranded on the side of the road.

Also, you sure you can get to it from the top? My 4runner had a plate ontop of the tank to get to pump without dropping the tank.
Prob not, but just an idea because I know how much fun it is to drop that tank.

redrumracer
02-13-2008, 10:14 PM
sounds like the pump or filter to me. id do the filter first, in part its the cheapest and easiest to do.