PDA

View Full Version : my new, used domestic

Jimmy B
02-12-2008, 12:14 PM
well,
Here is a few quick snaps of the 'stang. Im looking froward to the warm weather now!(not that i wasnt anyway) Its accually a fairly stout little motor, its a fun car to drive since ive been driving SUV's for the last 4-5 years. Im planning on getting some thicker wheels, dropping it a lil and a few small mods. If I supercharge it, i will have to re-build the motor, so that is up in the air.
oh, and im thinking about a re-paint a little deeper red, with a new bumper(has a slight crack) and a cobra hood, side scoops, etc..

quickdodgeŽ
02-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Wrong section. Later, QD.

Nissan Sean
02-12-2008, 12:23 PM
op I have a set of mustang wheels exactly like the ones on your gt, but they have semi-new set of nitto nt-555's on em. i took em off my gt when i got new wheels/tires. id sell them, wheels&tires for $300 if your interested. the nittos are the best tires for mustangs. just to buy new ones would one you like $800 atleast. let me know. love the gt. they are a ton of fun. some window tint, exhaust, youll be set. i suggest slp loudmouth, w/ x-pipe. sounds fantastic

Jimmy B
02-12-2008, 12:23 PM
oops, i forgot, your correct! can you move it? or someone?

Evil Goat
02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
the cobra sidescoops are no different form what you have, looks good nonetheless though

Jimmy B
02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
op I have a set of mustang wheels exactly like the ones on your gt, but they have semi-new set of nitto nt-555's on em. i took em off my gt when i got new wheels/tires. id sell them, wheels&tires for $300 if your interested. the nittos are the best tires for mustangs. just to buy new ones would one you like $800 atleast. let me know. love the gt. they are a ton of fun. some window tint, exhaust, youll be set. i suggest slp loudmouth, w/ x-pipe. sounds fantastic

the tires on here are pretty new, but i want wider in the rear..

Jimmy B
02-12-2008, 12:25 PM
the cobra sidescoops are no different form what you have, looks good nonetheless though
are the saleen's diffrent? ive seen other ones i thought.. mabye im mistaken thoguh

DieselNuts
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
the nittos are the best tires for mustangs.
You're wrong. Everyone knows Kumho has the best tires for mustangs....but they are only good for stangs and nothing else... :lmfao:

Evil Goat
02-12-2008, 12:27 PM

where are you buying your tires from? i had nt-01's on my cobra and got them for about 700 shipped to my door, then bought 2 555r dr's for 310 shipped

Evil Goat
02-12-2008, 12:27 PM
are the saleen's diffrent? ive seen other ones i thought.. mabye im mistaken thoguh

ehh...they may be, ive never been a fan of saleens

edit, yes they look to be different
http://www.mustangspecs.com/carpics/99saleen4.jpg

DieselNuts
02-12-2008, 12:30 PM
well,
Here is a few quick snaps of the 'stang. Im looking froward to the warm weather now!(not that i wasnt anyway) Its accually a fairly stout little motor, its a fun car to drive since ive been driving SUV's for the last 4-5 years. Im planning on getting some thicker wheels, dropping it a lil and a few small mods. If I supercharge it, i will have to re-build the motor, so that is up in the air.
oh, and im thinking about a re-paint a little deeper red, with a new bumper(has a slight crack) and a cobra hood, side scoops, etc..
you should move your spoiler back +-2" to make the mounting point flush with the edge of the trunk. You will be amazed at the difference it makes.

Ran
02-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Looks good. Needs wheels and a drop first. :yes:

You're wrong. Everyone knows Kumho has the best tires for mustangs....but they are only good for stangs and nothing else... :lmfao:I had Kumho ASX's on my Mazdaspeed MX-5 for drifting. Great tires with a good blend of slip and grip. :goodjob:

Nissan Sean
um well they arev atleast $600 then . i was just offering my set to him at a great deal, $300 for wheel/nitto tires is agreat deal, and i have no use for them they have just been sitting in my garage. And nittos are the best tires, they get traction so well, heat em up and they are sooooo sticky.

Jimmy B
you should move your spoiler back +-2" to make the mounting point flush with the edge of the trunk. You will be amazed at the difference it makes.
i will have to look into that! 'purciate that!

it needs a sound system though.. it has the mach system, its ok for high mids/hichs, it has NO low end in it whatsoever.. i think one or two 10s might bup that up jus a lil bit

quickdodgeŽ
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
oops, i forgot, your correct! can you move it? or someone?

Lolol. I can't.

I did forget to mention that this is a nice looking ride you have. Later, QD.

integraguy06
02-12-2008, 01:11 PM
looks good man, i have never driven a mustang, but i hear its a little uncomfortable... i may be wrong, let me know... btw clean car reps:-)

Jimmy B
02-12-2008, 01:15 PM
looks good man, i have never driven a mustang, but i hear its a little uncomfortable... i may be wrong, let me know... btw clean car reps:-)

no, so far i dont think its UNcomfterable... my tahoe is MORE comfertable though!

thanks mike!

i cant complain for 2grand :)

DieselNuts
02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
I had Kumho ASX's on my Mazdaspeed MX-5 for drifting. Great tires with a good blend of slip and grip. :goodjob:

um well they arev atleast $600 then . i was just offering my set to him at a great deal, $300 for wheel/nitto tires is agreat deal, and i have no use for them they have just been sitting in my garage. And nittos are the best tires, they get traction so well, heat em up and they are sooooo sticky.

The reason I wrote that was because you make it sound like Nitto's are the best tires for only mustangs. They are good tires, but they are good tires for all cars, not just one specific car.

i will have to look into that! 'purciate that!

I just did a quick search on SVTperformance.com. Here is one of the better pics I could find.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/diggler24/cars/IMG_1268-vi.jpg