PDA

View Full Version : Most Beautiful Cities to See on the road

AlanŽ
02-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Having driven across the country twice and, having driven up and down the east coast more times than I care to count, I have had the priveledge to see a lot of cities.

But there are only a few that make me go wow everytime I see them Atlanta being one of them. Whether it be day or night coming in from the southside or the northside I never seem to stop going wow. I can't explain what it is but something about Atlanta makes me slow down move to the right lane pop open all the windows and play a good Tiesto Mix.

There are only two other cities that no matter how many times I drive through or past them make me do that. The first is New York. Driving down the Turnpike in Jersey and being able to just stare at the skyline of the city never ceases to amaze me. Driving through it only increases that feeling. Even though I usually only drive the same roads when im there, the financial district, Times Square, and the club district never seem to stop amazing me.

The other is D.C. in the fall it is one of the most beautiful cities to see from your car that I can think of. The architecture of all the federal buildings and the mall is simply stunning.

Anyways I was just thinking about this while driving back from Gwinett tonight. Ya'lls opinion?

koukis14
02-11-2008, 01:32 AM
Coming up the Schukill into Philly in the middle of the night always made me happy. I love that city. Also when I saw DMB at Red Rocks 2 years ago you could see Denver from the top of the Amphitheater, that was pretty ****ing sweet(made better by mushrooms)

Leadfoot_mf
02-11-2008, 07:00 AM
seriously learn how to ****ing write. the **** you type is so ****ing hard to read and comprehend.

AlanŽ
02-11-2008, 07:12 AM
seriously learn how to ****ing write. the **** you type is so ****ing hard to read and comprehend.
Sorry man it was late and i was just going to bed.

AlanŽ
02-11-2008, 07:22 AM
edited

TeeJay
02-11-2008, 07:25 AM
chicago coming in from the south is the best ive seen

AlanŽ
02-11-2008, 07:29 AM
chicago coming in from the south is the best ive seen
I spent two weeks in Chicago a few years ago and thought the only good view of the city was from the high way that runs along the side of the lake

Leadfoot_mf
02-11-2008, 08:52 AM
edited
thats better. i like san diego and san francisco both really nice skylines also portland ore. any place that has cool bridges and tall buildings.

AlanŽ
02-11-2008, 09:14 AM
thats better. i like san diego and san francisco both really nice skylines also portland ore. any place that has cool bridges and tall buildings.
yea sorry about that man i hadnt posted much so I thought i would throw that on there and knew it looked like hell but i was beat and couldn't care less.I was going to fix it today anyways. Fixed now.

I lived in Cali for a few years and have been to both places I don't remember San Diego much but I do remember San Francisco and I have to agree with you on that. Golden Gate Bridge FTW. Laguna Seca was 10 minutes from where I lived in Monterey.

redpanda
02-11-2008, 09:48 AM
philly. i've only been on the east coast

GuessWho
02-11-2008, 10:06 AM
I went thru Cincinatti at nite one time and it was pretty sweet looking...
Im bout to be on the road for 16 weeks straight doing nothing but driving and doing promos on the west coast :goodjob: .... Ill rewrite on this thread when i get back...

gijeff1805
02-11-2008, 12:33 PM
imma gonna agree on riding through atlanta...it never ceases to amaze me

Nemesis
02-11-2008, 12:45 PM

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

WickedIXMR
02-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Having driven across the country twice and, having driven up and down the east coast more times than I care to count, I have had the priveledge to see a lot of cities.

But there are only a few that make me go wow everytime I see them Atlanta being one of them. Whether it be day or night coming in from the southside or the northside I never seem to stop going wow. I can't explain what it is but something about Atlanta makes me slow down move to the right lane pop open all the windows and play a good Tiesto Mix.

There are only two other cities that no matter how many times I drive through or past them make me do that. The first is New York. Driving down the Turnpike in Jersey and being able to just stare at the skyline of the city never ceases to amaze me. Driving through it only increases that feeling. Even though I usually only drive the same roads when im there, the financial district, Times Square, and the club district never seem to stop amazing me.

The other is D.C. in the fall it is one of the most beautiful cities to see from your car that I can think of. The architecture of all the federal buildings and the mall is simply stunning.

Anyways I was just thinking about this while driving back from Gwinett tonight. Ya'lls opinion?
I feel the same way with atlanta and dc. I wish i could go to new york sometime soon. I work on the southside but live on the northside so i love driving through downtown especially night time. I also used to live in northern VA and in MD so i used to drive around DC in the middle of the night with a friend all the time. We used to get lost on purpose and find our way home. Those were one of the best times of my life, also had an s2000 which made it even more fun.