PDA

View Full Version : Bad Alternator!!!! :(

iluvcumming
02-10-2008, 06:57 PM
I have a bad alternator in my car, or a popped fuse? (I'm not that lucky!) I hooked up an alternator checker to my car and it confirmed that it is bad. I have a 90 240sx with a KAD in it... Are those alternators interchangable, because a new one is 280 before core charge... I don't quite have that right now.

My car worked fine, my mom messes with my car to jump hers off and blew out my damn alternator. I let her drive my car for 3 days and she fails to mention to me that my battery is low the last 3 times she's started it. I ask her when I tried to start it and she shrugs and tells me that. I ****ing hate people sometimes...

...anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

IOnlyLookStock
02-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Ya it is fairly easy to swap. Take yours off first then take it up to Autozone and have them test it. If they confirm that it is bad, them buy a new one, but be sure to match up the mounting holes on the one you take off to the new one, the slightest offset will not allow it to fit your car. (happened to me with my old hatch)

iluvcumming
02-10-2008, 07:25 PM
My dad has an alternator tester, and I confirmed that it IS bad. I'm just trying to figure out wheather or not I can exchange my alternator from my 90 ka-e to my 95 kade. Thanks for the info about the holes though fashizzle.

Z U L8R
02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
yes, you can