PDA

View Full Version : Question about Lexus

neontuner95
02-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Im writing because I dont know where to start um the main thing with my 92 sc400 is the needle stopped illuminating all I have is a back light. Does anyone know a trick to this I hate to spend 400 plus if there is an better way. Be cool if you dont have the answer maybe you can point me in the right direction and yes I have used google, but didnt find exactly what I was looking for peace!

MongolPup
02-17-2008, 12:54 PM
You most likely just have a burned out bulb somewhere in your gauge cluster.

Buy the Haynes manual for your car and look at how to change it; if you don't want to do that (or it doesn't show you how) then I guess you'll have to find another way, perhaps even a trip to the dreaded dealership.

green91
02-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Pull the cluster out and see if its got a bulb, some of the lexus clusters have LED and require cluster replacement but some do have bulbs. and dont dread the dealership

SleepingTalon
02-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Im writing because I dont know where to start um the main thing with my 92 sc400 is the needle stopped illuminating all I have is a back light. Does anyone know a trick to this I hate to spend 400 plus if there is an better way. Be cool if you dont have the answer maybe you can point me in the right direction and yes I have used google, but didnt find exactly what I was looking for peace!

This is a common problem with SC's. The solution to your problem is either get a new cluster, or you can do this...
http://www.lextech.org/