PDA

View Full Version : 99 Civic Ex Trouble Getting Into Gears

Andy099
02-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm noticing dificulty getting into my gears. I can crank the car in reverse or first gear but as soon as a pop it out of that gear and try to put it into another it won't go into another gear.

So i'd have to turn off the car and place it in 1st, than crank the car back on and as soon as I get moving a little bit I can shift to my other gears just fine. There is no grinding while in any of the gears and I don't feel the clutch slipping.

I could drive the car fine for a while but after the car parks for a while and I start it up the same situation goes on. Any idea on what it could be? Appreciate any help!

dumpdaccord
02-08-2008, 01:04 PM
i had the same problem a while back.....

mine turned out to be clutch slave cylinder under the pedal...

AnclyT
02-08-2008, 07:13 PM
bring it to vuong's garage in gwinnett.

his phone number is in my sig

Nissangeek
02-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Synchros maybe? If its a hydro tranny check your clutch fluid level. That happenend to my old Miata and all it needed was more fluid.

TheChosenOne
02-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Synchros maybe? If its a hydro tranny check your clutch fluid level. That happenend to my old Miata and all it needed was more fluid.
Prolly the fluid. My tranny was getting really hard to put into gears, and I was low on fluid. I flushed and filled it, problem solved. :goodjob:

Batlground
02-09-2008, 01:10 AM
your pressure plate is bent aka needs a new clutch

or

you have air in your clutch system, bleed it

Scotsman
02-09-2008, 01:12 AM
your pressure plate is bent aka needs a new clutch

or

you have air in your clutch system, bleed iti would highly reccomend listenin to this guy:goodjob:

khaxnguyen
02-09-2008, 10:59 AM
^^ lol @ you

Tech5
02-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Look into your clutch fluid see if it is low, if its almost gone, you got a leak, most likely its either the clutch master cylinder, or Slave on the tranny, I would tell you from my line of work I reccomend, you replacing both at the same time, an then bleed it out, its a pain to do if your doing it by hand, BUT if your fluid is fine an not low at all, you wouldnt have air in it, ONLY time you get air in them, is if you broke the lines loose at one time, or have a leak, if the fluid is full, then you most likey have a clutch issue, need to take the tranny out to check it, thanks Joshua,

Andy099
02-11-2008, 07:27 AM
appreciate the help...i'll check the fluid.. i was thinking its the clutch slave cynlinder too or possibly the clutch...

HeLLo iM iZzY
02-11-2008, 07:33 AM
You look like a clutch.

j0nbunklah0m
02-11-2008, 08:28 PM
You look like a clutch.

hahahahahhaha pwned!:idb: