PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ the White MR2 leaving the V last night...

©hris
02-08-2008, 08:56 AM
:lmfao: How embarrassing .... Didnt have that problem when I got there.

Think I may have some bad Turbo seals :yes:

Ran
02-08-2008, 08:59 AM
Details? I left around 9 since the girlfriend had to wake up early.

mocha latte cupcake
02-08-2008, 09:01 AM
0H n03s! kn0t t3h mRtw0?!?!?!?! eYe es kNoT 4 teH b00st... WhY U d0 th1s?!

hydroshutter
02-08-2008, 09:03 AM
http://i31.tinypic.com/10r7lh4.jpg

©hris
02-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Well last night was the first time getting the car on the interstate…. And I obviously put the car to the test. I did a few good pulls from 60-100 experiencing for the first time the best part of boost. When I got to the V the car was running great. No smoke, idled fine, sounded good…. I parked and went inside to get food and about 30 minutes after I got there I moved about 30 feet to park w/ BYT. The car then sat for about 45min to an hour. I cranked it before we left to warm it up and let it get up to temp and revved it once for other MR2 owners to hear the EMS exhaust I have….. that’s when I noticed something that I didn’t want to notice…. White Smoke. Better than Blue smoke but was embarrassing none the less. It got worse and worse lol As I pulled away the car was putting out A LOT of smoke. The 1/4mi strip from the V to 85 was nothing but thick smoke from sidewalk to sidewalk. I’m surprised I didn’t get stopped by ATLPD.

EJ25RUN
02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
easy fix?

RandomGuy
02-08-2008, 09:14 AM
your turbine shaft seal is probably gone

stock ct26?

You better make sure you had oil in the car lol or else your motor is probably gone too if you drove like that a far distance to get home....

©hris
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Well that was the first thing I checked when I got up to the mall of GA. I was low on oil and it was not a pretty color lol Its burning oil pretty nicely. I added a qt this morning and drove it to work and didnt have any smoke at all... just a little bit when I first started the car this morning.

Elbow
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
I was wondering what the smoke was I was warming my car up and you drove bye, I thought someone did a screetch em outer (burnout)

On_Her_Face
02-08-2008, 09:20 AM
might wanna fix that

matthewAPM
02-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Well that was the first thing I checked when I got up to the mall of GA. I was low on oil and it was not a pretty color lol Its burning oil pretty nicely. I added a qt this morning and drove it to work and didnt have any smoke at all... just a little bit when I first started the car this morning.

i would do a compression check. I know the MR2 and STI are two completely different motors, but a friend of mine had the same "white cloud of death". he drove it home (low on oil like urs) and was not smoking the next day. but he thought it was a turbo seal and come to find out, he had cracked a piece of his piston off.

Just something to think about. GL

On_Her_Face
02-08-2008, 09:28 AM
i would do a compression check. I know the MR2 and STI are two completely different motors, but a friend of mine had the same "white cloud of death". he drove it home (low on oil like urs) and was not smoking the next day. but he thought it was a turbo seal and come to find out, he had cracked a piece of his piston off.

Just something to think about. GL

way to bring some light to the situation :rolleyes:

RandomGuy
02-08-2008, 09:31 AM
does it smoke randomly? or smoke in boost mostly?

Take the intake peiceoff of the compressor housing("snail") of turbo, is there oil in there? Is there oil in your piping? If so your compressor seal is shot.

©hris
02-08-2008, 09:35 AM
It just smokes randomly. I am gonna look at the turbo and piping this weekend as well as change the oil. I have also heard of doing a DIY Home depot style compression test so im gonna look into that a little too :)

Sammich
02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
:lmao: @ hydro

Crazy Asian
02-08-2008, 09:39 AM
YOU NEED RIMS!!!! WHEN YOU GETTNG NEW RIMS!!??

redrumracer
02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
:lmfao: How embarrassing .... Didnt have that problem when I got there.

Think I may have some bad Turbo seals :yes:

it couldve been a ricer burnout :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Batlground
02-08-2008, 09:43 AM
turbo seal is prob shot

mocha latte cupcake
02-08-2008, 09:51 AM
well compression testers aren't that expensive honestly. and yeah turbo seals would by my first guess and more hopeful one b/c no one likes to do rings.... i mean honestly no one.

matthewAPM
02-08-2008, 09:53 AM
well compression testers aren't that expensive honestly. and yeah turbo seals would by my first guess and more hopeful one b/c no one likes to do rings.... i mean honestly no one.
:no:

but i would rather take the time and little money needed and just give it a check. better to be safe then sorry...

Spektrewing386
02-08-2008, 10:14 AM
when you shut the car down, did you give it about 45 seconds of idle time before you shut it down? I know the ct26 is a oil/water cooled turbo so there shouldnt be the problem of extremly hot oil sitting in your turbo without a running engine to cycle it through.

well i honestly dont know lol.. good luck.

quickdodge®
02-08-2008, 01:34 PM
I’m surprised I didn’t get stopped by ATLPD.

That was my wish as well. Or what would have been funnier is if your front left tire would've blown out and you just slammed right into the median wall. At your top speed. Later, QD.

Kevykev
02-08-2008, 02:02 PM
your turbine shaft seal is probably gone

stock ct26?

You better make sure you had oil in the car lol or else your motor is probably gone too if you drove like that a far distance to get home....

Wow, what a helpful guy - even if inaccurate!

So quick to diagnose the issue, that can be very soothing to a person's ears.

"Oh...it's only a seal...YESSS"

©hris
02-08-2008, 02:40 PM
That was my wish as well. Or what would have been funnier is if your front left tire would've blown out and you just slammed right into the median wall. At your top speed. Later, QD.

i dont care to ever know what my "Top Speed" is. I do not like to go fast.... just like getting there quickly :)

Johnny Chimpo
02-08-2008, 03:26 PM
That sucks, this car seems to be fighting with you all the time. GL

Brick
02-08-2008, 06:14 PM
May seem stupid, but also check for an oil leak onto the exhaust. Will give ya super smoke when warmed up.

Alan®
02-08-2008, 07:00 PM
damn man well hopefully its not serious

quickdodge®
02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
i dont care to ever know what my "Top Speed" is. I do not like to go fast.... just like getting there quickly :)

I was referring to whatever speed you top out at while racing your car down a expressway. 50, 70 or even 100. Either one will be funny. Later, QD.

RandomGuy
02-09-2008, 01:06 AM
i think your ghey front headlights offended your turbo and it started crying oil.

Crazy Asian
02-09-2008, 01:08 AM
LOL RANDOM!!! I dont like those headlights either. Not my style but hey, whatever works for you.