PDA

View Full Version : Misc Romney is out

Jimmy B
02-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Romney just bowed out of the republican race..

That leaves Mccain pretty much the Delegate for the Republician side. I REALLY hope that he picks Huckabee to be his runningmate for VP

thepolecat
02-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Huckabee scares me- FAITH, Family, Freedom. Why is freedom 3rd? Government and religion should be strictly separated.

Jimmy B
02-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Huckabee scares me- FAITH, Family, Freedom. Why is freedom 3rd? Government and religion should be strictly separated.

IMO, You have to have Faith in yourself, your family, your God, and your government...

again, IMO, church and state SHOULD be seperated to an extent, but i do think that this county was founded on the belief of religion, and that with God(whatever one YOU believe in) this country will rise above the rest...

thepolecat
02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm fine with believing in a G-d, the G-d, or whatever. I just feel it should not be such a strong presence in our government. I keep my faith VERY neutral when I am in my classroom teaching. As far as my student know- I am a jewchistdu.
I just feel like Huckabee puts it too much in everyones face.

But again- just me and my opinions.

Jimmy B
02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm fine with believing in a G-d, the G-d, or whatever. I just feel it should not be such a strong presence in our government. I keep my faith VERY neutral when I am in my classroom teaching. As far as my student know- I am a jewchistdu.
I just feel like Huckabee puts it too much in everyones face.

But again- just me and my opinions.
i agree he(huckabee) is bold with it, but he was a baptist minister(if im not mistaken), and us baptists are kind of an in your face hind of people...

also, i think he is jsut profesing what he beleves in

thepolecat
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
^Fine, but he is going to turn alot of the fence-riders away. He is a former minister, yes, and a prodestant one too, so his job is to educate about his religion. I'm fine with that too, just tone it down in the political arena.

thepolecat
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
this is starting to seem like just a 2 way conversation Jimmy.:ninja:

DieselNuts
02-07-2008, 12:38 PM
I know Huckabee is 100% against abortion.....i dont like that...

Jimmy B
02-07-2008, 12:42 PM
this is starting to seem like just a 2 way conversation Jimmy.:ninja:

ahh we have a third! lol

yes, he should turn it down, agreed, but hes not going to be a front runner for the republicans, but i DO hope he can become the VP candidate, because of what he is for.

and yes, he is 100% pro-life,.. i am too, except under certain circumstances

thepolecat
02-07-2008, 12:44 PM
^haha- cant be 100% and then not pro-life for "certain-circumstances" (rape?). You are only like 99% PL. If they do away with abortion all together it will still happen, just now it will be in some back alley.

DieselNuts
02-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Yeah, there are certian circumstances that I think it is okay for abortion. I def. disagree that it should be used as a form of birth control, but if the child is gonna suffer and the parents are gonna suffer, then where is the positive side?

Jimmy B
02-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah, there are certian circumstances that I think it is okay for abortion. I def. disagree that it should be used as a form of birth control, but if the child is gonna suffer and the parents are gonna suffer, then where is the positive side?
there are TONS of parens out there who cant have kids on there own (a member on here is a perfect example). It should be punishment for the girl who was stupid enough to get pregnant to have to carry the child, then give it up if she wants. jsut going to teh clinic is WAY to easy of an out!!!

Rape is one instance i think it should be allowed, and if the child is going to have alot of phisical, or mental problems, it should be up to the discresion of the parents.

blacknightteg
02-07-2008, 01:47 PM
pro-choice!!!!!

mocha latte cupcake
02-07-2008, 02:14 PM
i agree with the jimmy all day!

wantboost
02-07-2008, 02:44 PM
if the child is going to have alot of phisical, or mental problems, it should be up to the discresion of the parents.
I disagree, the doctors told my parents my brother wouldn't live a year after he was born, and if he did he would be a vegetable..... he is perfectly normal 18 years later. In short even doctors don't know for sure.

Jimmy B
02-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I disagree, the doctors told my parents my brother wouldn't live a year after he was born, and if he did he would be a vegetable..... he is perfectly normal 18 years later. In short even doctors don't know for sure.

there are exceptions! like you have proven... i have a friend who has no hands, his arms end 7-8 inches after his elbow, he is a BK(below knee) he was born with no leg after his knee... he really only has ONE good limb.. and he is living life! maried, has a kid, and a computer buisness that does great..

i never said i would agree 100% with it, but sometimes it is to much for the parents to handle...

tony
02-07-2008, 03:17 PM
I hope he Huckabee can get in McCains ear about the fair tax, if Hillary gets the nomination then I'll reluctantly support McCain

The12lber
02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
i agree he(huckabee) is bold with it, but he was a baptist minister(if im not mistaken), and us baptists are kind of an in your face hind of people...

also, i think he is jsut profesing what he beleves in

Huckabee would turn this country into a theocracy if it was up to him.

Kevykev
02-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Wonder if he can write off all of those millions from his personal fortune that he spent on his campaign?

The12lber
02-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I hope he Huckabee can get in McCains ear about the fair tax, if Hillary gets the nomination then I'll reluctantly support McCain

Why? Flat taxes are inherently regressive by nature.

tony
02-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Why? Flat taxes are inherently regressive by nature.

Longggggg post and I dont have a great deal of time, you are right that a flat tax is regressive but I do think that government has gotten out of hand with the current tax code. Economically I think the Fair Tax is a good solution to our current problem.

Deke
02-07-2008, 04:31 PM
I like McCain. He's pretty moderate for a Republican and that's what our country needs (a moderate, not necessarily a republican). Our nation is way too polarized these days. We need someone who isn't going to perpetuate that.

However, at the same time, I know he'll probably be slower about getting troops out of Iraq (compared to a dem), which I don't like.

AlanŽ
02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
god damn it. I personally don't like either of them but i like mccain more than huckaby

Kelly
02-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Huckabee FTW!!!

He is my myspace friend :D

AlanŽ
02-08-2008, 07:33 PM
I like McCain. He's pretty moderate for a Republican and that's what our country needs (a moderate, not necessarily a republican). Our nation is way too polarized these days. We need someone who isn't going to perpetuate that.

However, at the same time, I know he'll probably be slower about getting troops out of Iraq (compared to a dem), which I don't like.
As far as troop withdrwal goes. If we go for almost immediate troop withdrawl at the enstatement of the new president I feel it will be a catastrophic mistake for this country that only god knows what the reprocussions(SP?) will be. The job of the president is not to worry about approval ratings or what people think of him but to do what is right for the people. Pulling troops out of before the job is done is a terrible decision

Jimmy B
02-08-2008, 08:37 PM
As far as troop withdrwal goes. If we go for almost immediate troop withdrawl at the enstatement of the new president I feel it will be a catastrophic mistake for this country that only god knows what the reprocussions(SP?) will be. The job of the president is not to worry about approval ratings or what people think of him but to do what is right for the people. Pulling troops out of before the job is done is a terrible decision

You jsut said somethign that i NEVER would have come out of your mouth.. it was in intelligent statement!

you get +

tony
02-09-2008, 08:39 AM

It amazes me that people have this "we cannot pull out of Iraq" mentality but New Orleans still looks like a disaster almost 3 years later. How does us being in Iraq benefit this country? Please give me ONE thing that we profit from other than obvious control over their oil reserves.

Jimmy B
02-09-2008, 08:49 AM
It amazes me that people have this "we cannot pull out of Iraq" mentality but New Orleans still looks like a disaster almost 3 years later. How does us being in Iraq benefit this country? Please give me ONE thing that we profit from other than obvious control over their oil reserves.

Fema gae almost everyone there PLENTY of money to get back on there feet.. you know what they did, moved away or spent it...

tony
02-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I wouldnt want to move back to a city that has been left a catastrophe either.. people have this sense of urgency when it comes to a country that is half way across the globe but a state right here in America cannot get that same kind of attention. Rebuild the city and people will want to come back.

The12lber
02-09-2008, 06:57 PM
If we pulled out, Iraq could eventually turn into another Iran. You know, a peaceful quasi democracy with subtley progressive tendencies.

Could be a disaster.