PDA

View Full Version : Not so new?

len
03-16-2005, 10:28 PM
I guess everyone had to re-register their usernames.

Well I'm Len. I'm on Honda-Tech, allmotor.net, importlounge as Len. Pretty much everywhere as Len. LoL

Anywho, I work for Baranco Acura on the southside of town in Morrow.

I use to own a 2001 Phoenix Yellow Integra Type R, 2001 Nighthawk Black Pearl Integra Type R, and a 1998 Championship White Integra Type R.

Now I have a 2005 Gunmetal Toyota Tundra as my daily beater and a 2005 Alpine White BMW M3 as my weekend cruiser.

Here's a couple pics of my 2001 NHBP ITR. It was equipped with:
- Toda VTEC Killer Camshafts 305in/295ex
- Toda Camgears
- Toda Dual Valvesprings
- Toda Timing Belt
- Toda Individual Throttle Body
- Comptech Race Header
- Fujitsubo RM01A exhaust
- Custom Test pipe
- CTR Pistons 0.25mm Oversized
It put down roughly 215-220whp to the ground with everything. Not bad for 1.8 Liters.

http://lenchan.web.aplus.net/images/Rearshot%20copy.jpg
http://lenchan.web.aplus.net/images/ITB.jpg

My new baby is brand new and still breaking her in.
2005 Alpine White BMW M3
- SMG Package
- 19" Alloy Wheels
- Premium Package
- Harman Kardon Sound System
- Park Distance control
- Dual Xenon headlamps

http://lenchan.web.aplus.net/images/IMG_0060.JPG
http://lenchan.web.aplus.net/images/IMG_0057.JPG
http://lenchan.web.aplus.net/images/M3wheels.jpg

I think I have some friends on here. Hehehe

rjm7985
03-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Good Lord I love M3's. Verrry nice :)

HalfBaked
03-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Nice cars.

Shawna
03-16-2005, 10:37 PM
lol i love your M3

mazgirl235
03-16-2005, 10:39 PM
I like the cars. Welcome.

len
03-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Here's a pic of me. Hehehe

http://individualmonkeybodies.com/YoshiStyle.jpg

rjm7985
03-16-2005, 10:51 PM
LOL. That's a thinking outside of the box picture. Cute :D

len
03-16-2005, 10:56 PM
Anyone on here attending the Honda-Tech meet?

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1123275

HalfBaked
03-16-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't have posting privledges on HT, but I signed up haha.

SniperJoe
03-17-2005, 03:53 AM
How are you doing Len? I'm going to have to come down to Baranco to buy some parts here shortly.

len
03-17-2005, 05:47 AM
How are you doing Len? I'm going to have to come down to Baranco to buy some parts here shortly.

I'm doing great. Make sure you call before you come down though. I've been busy as of late and rarely spend time at the dealership. Give me a call. :goodjob:

Vteckidd
03-17-2005, 09:00 AM
ricer ;)

bobbanna
03-17-2005, 10:04 AM
an M3 very nice, a white M3 even nicer. I drive a white car so im a fan of that color. Welcome to the site man

CALIWEST
03-17-2005, 11:59 AM
TODDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!! IZ DA SHIET....:)
welcome nice M3

A.P. Photography
03-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Whats up Len, have talked to you a couple of time on H-T and IL. Welcome

99SI
03-17-2005, 12:19 PM
ITB's make me feel all funny and stuff.

len
03-17-2005, 12:43 PM
ITB's make me feel all funny and stuff.

They also make your clothes smell awful and scare away loved ones from riding in your car.

Not to mention if you have allergy problems, you'll experience constant runny nose and headaches from the fumes.

My advice, if you ever do decide to run them. Don't run them as your daily driver. It's not the fact that it isn't possible, because I've ridden with mine for several months. It's just the fact that it's not as cool as it seems after the first week.

I prefer my stock ITB setup on my M3 over the Toda. A surge tank is nice to have. LoL

99SI
03-17-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm just going through stage one of my buildup right now. ITB's have always been something I've lusted after but thanks for the advice.

Vteckidd
03-17-2005, 03:03 PM
ITBs is where its at. Homemade setup y0!

BTLFED
03-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Hey Len!

len
03-17-2005, 05:54 PM
I'm just going through stage one of my buildup right now. ITB's have always been something I've lusted after but thanks for the advice.

What are your plans if you don't mind me asking?

speedminded
03-17-2005, 06:20 PM
you're gonna have to roll up to here to get some downtown pics but i might as well not even bother taking my camera...hell, or even my car.

I wanna build my head (or a spare B16) with an upgraded valvetrain and cams...not sure if i liked yours for the street though...well, not sure how i liked it below 6k but it was just fine up through 9,700 :D ....ITB's are planned for the future too but gotta have a standalone or any other better way to tune everything first...it's a never ending story.

dereksi
03-17-2005, 06:27 PM
damn that ITR is fucking SICK!!! i love that car.

Cliff
03-17-2005, 06:32 PM
i saw your integra a long time ago...me and my friend were up there in my si lookin at rsx's and i believe there were two type r's there parked in the back....my mom bought her tl from baranco...anyways welcome and hot cars

mehulwrx
03-17-2005, 07:32 PM
:bowdown: beautiful cars, might look at this more then NWS now
welcome to ia

teg= :hot:
M3= :hot: :idb:

len
03-17-2005, 08:11 PM
you're gonna have to roll up to here to get some downtown pics but i might as well not even bother taking my camera...hell, or even my car.

I wanna build my head (or a spare B16) with an upgraded valvetrain and cams...not sure if i liked yours for the street though...well, not sure how i liked it below 6k but it was just fine up through 9,700 :D ....ITB's are planned for the future too but gotta have a standalone or any other better way to tune everything first...it's a never ending story.

Hehe, bring your car Jason. If anyone deserves to see it, it's me. You didn't get pulled over for speeding did you? LoL

Anywho, building a spare head would be fun. From my experience, nothing is worth more money than quality headwork. Yes it's expensive and something that you can't undo later on. However, when done properly to accomodate your mods on your car, it will compliment it very well. I've seen stock setups with nice headwork make real decent power. In case your wondering, a stock ITR head will flow up to about 8,300rpms before it plateaus in power.

When it comes to ITBs, my personal opinion is that it should be a modification that goes hand in hand with the buildup. Alot of people think that ITBs are one of those things where it's just the last piece of the puzzle. When in fact, careful research needs to be done to properly match compression, cam selection, and the ability of the head to flow sufficient air at higher rpms to the throttle bodies' diameter size and length from the back of the valve to the center point of the horn's opening.

You know, I still have a pair of motorcycle ITBs under my bed. LoL

speedminded
03-17-2005, 08:25 PM
From my experience, nothing is worth more money than quality headwork.I'm, uh...going to leave that one alone.

You know, I still have a pair of motorcycle ITBs under my bed. LoL954RR's maybe? If not, what size?

I called several weeks ago looking for the optional sides but you were out on a run...you know anyone with a pair laying around?

len
03-17-2005, 08:50 PM
I'm, uh...going to leave that one alone.

954RR's maybe? If not, what size?

I called several weeks ago looking for the optional sides but you were out on a run...you know anyone with a pair laying around?

Headwork is the single most important aspect of a naturally aspirated engine Jason. That's what I meant by it. You can have all the compression you want, static or dynamic, if you can not increase volumetric efficiency with the head, then you're going to be limited by what that head can do. Now forced induction need not apply in this case of course because volumectric efficiency is achieved using an external device. Ever wonder what separates a non-vtec engine from a VTEC engine? The head is the single most underlying factor in power delivery difference.

The ITBs i have here are for 1000cc motorcycle. Wanna take a look at them?

speedminded
03-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Headwork is the single most important aspect of a naturally aspirated engine Jason. That's what I meant by it. You can have all the compression you want, static or dynamic, if you can not increase volumetric efficiency with the head, then you're going to be limited by what that head can do. Now forced induction need not apply in this case of course because volumectric efficiency is achieved using an external device. Ever wonder what separates a non-vtec engine from a VTEC engine? The head is the single most underlying factor in power delivery difference.

The ITBs i have here are for 1000cc motorcycle. Wanna take a look at them?lol, you took that one a little too seriously...i was speaking of..say, the hooker's on Ponce. :P

I'm guessing they are between 44 and 50mm?

Julio
03-17-2005, 11:39 PM
This post is Fire!

len
03-18-2005, 05:52 AM
This post is Fire!

Which Julio is this? LoL

Jason, I haven't measured the openings on the Throttle bodies yet. When I get the chance I'll send you the measurements. I think they are around that much when we tried measuring it with a ruler. Hahahahaha Pretty accurate measuring device huh? LoL

speed
03-18-2005, 10:20 AM
I'll be at the H-T meet :D

99SI
03-18-2005, 10:46 AM
I am still planning to get a street port and polish through Rocket Motorsports. You can check out the build we are doing in the pictures and photoshop thread, there's a full rundown of all the mods. It's listed as " a little b16 we are building." Future plans include full suspension mods first, then I would like to do the itb's with a hondata computer.

BTLFED
03-18-2005, 10:51 AM
I'll be at the H-T meet :D

If I go it will be without my EF. :(

4dmin
03-18-2005, 12:03 PM
welcome and nice rides... M3 = :hot:

Julio
03-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Which Julio is this? LoL

Jason, I haven't measured the openings on the Throttle bodies yet. When I get the chance I'll send you the measurements. I think they are around that much when we tried measuring it with a ruler. Hahahahaha Pretty accurate measuring device huh? LoL

oopps I meant thread...

=] Hot rides.. love the m3..

len
03-19-2005, 04:24 PM
oopps I meant thread...

=] Hot rides.. love the m3..

Tis all good now. It's been a year now. House still isn't finished. Although I just finally paid off the Black ITR. Being upside down sucks. Paying for a car you don't have sucks. :(