PDA

View Full Version : How come America gets the good roles?

magicandmisc
02-05-2008, 11:28 PM
I have always wondered but why don't they use other cars in hit TV shows? I mean Transformers was sponsored by Chevrolet so the only European cars that were in there got destroyed. And now the new Night Rider is going to have a Mustang.
So why is it that the American car companies are the ones that get put on TV?
I'm sure I am not only one who would like to see an import star in a movie and not just get destroyed.

bigdare23
02-05-2008, 11:30 PM
it doesnt really matter...

Jecht
02-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Because the Jap and Euro car companies are smart enough not to waste their profits on putting their cars into stupid TV shows and movies.

Thighs
02-05-2008, 11:41 PM
And now the new Night Rider is going to have a Mustang.

the old night rider had a domestic too... a pontiac (or camaro, same crappy car)

domestica companies want to advertise through that type of media. so they buy spots or give cars. thats all.

_Christian_
02-05-2008, 11:47 PM
people who buy european/japanese cars aren't the kind of people to buy a car because they saw it in a movie.

RandomGuy
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM
you're an idiot

do you really think they put all of the car manufacturer names in a hat and picked randomly?

$ talks in this place we call the world.

redpanda
02-06-2008, 12:00 AM
nvm, just reread your post

man
02-06-2008, 12:32 AM
Wait, which country are we in? Oh yeah I remember now...

Obviously Japan

HeLLo iM iZzY
02-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Does it matter? Why is that everyone gets their **** wet except you?

quickdodge®
02-06-2008, 01:13 AM
I have always wondered but why don't they use other cars in hit TV shows? I mean Transformers was sponsored by Chevrolet so the only European cars that were in there got destroyed. And now the new Night Rider is going to have a Mustang.
So why is it that the American car companies are the ones that get put on TV?
I'm sure I am not only one who would like to see an import star in a movie and not just get destroyed.

Imports have Fast & Furious.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Later, QD.

Reaper
02-06-2008, 07:44 AM
just about every single post in here was wrong outside of FC man and QD...

ronin-BMW
The Transporter1-bmw/mercades
The Transporter2-Audi/lambo/porsche
Mission Impossible 2-Porsche/audi/ducati
The Italian job-mini cooper aka bmw
swordfish-TVR
GONE IN 60 seconds-all of em lol
EVERY JAMES BOND FILM IN EXISTANCE-AstonMartin/Lotus/BMW

This is all off the top of my head..sure there are plenty of movies w/American Cars...but there is just as many if not more w/euro cars and asain cars..

Reaper
02-06-2008, 07:45 AM
people who buy european/japanese cars aren't the kind of people to buy a car because they saw it in a movie.

that was hands down the dumbest post in this thread....

Nemesis
02-06-2008, 07:54 AM
I really wanted to see an STI in Transformers

quickdodge®
02-06-2008, 08:04 AM
ronin-BMW
swordfish-TVR
EVERY JAMES BOND FILM IN EXISTANCE-AstonMartin/Lotus/BMW.

You want to see an awesome fuccing movie? One that is NOT in your list? Check out No Man's Land, starring Charlie Sheen and came out in 1987. It's all about stealing Porsche's. Loaded with Porsche cars and shiit.

VIDEO TRAILER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx9-MgYvGUM)

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/M/5g/DM/4g/zM/wY/TZ/tF/kX/nB/na/B5/lM/B5/VM/4k/zN/2I/zN/yU/TM/B5/VM._SY400_SX600_.jpg

Later, QD.

Reaper
02-06-2008, 08:06 AM
You want to see an awesome fuccing movie? One that is NOT in your list? Check out No Man's Land, starring Charlie Sheen and came out in 1987. It's all about stealing Porsche's. Loaded with Porsche cars and shiit.

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/M/5g/DM/4g/zM/wY/TZ/tF/kX/nB/na/B5/lM/B5/VM/4k/zN/2I/zN/yU/TM/B5/VM._SY400_SX600_.jpg

Later, QD.

I think I've heard of it, I'll swing by bestbuy or something on my way home from work. Really that good?

quickdodge®
02-06-2008, 08:08 AM
I love it, man. Look back at my post. I just added a video link to the trailer. Later, QD.

Reaper
02-06-2008, 08:14 AM
that looks tight as hell lol

quickdodge®
02-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Trust me, that clip shows nothing compared to what you see. There are more driving scenes than non in this movie. It is action packed, that's for sure. And it is a typical 80s movie. If you don't find it at BB, Blockbuster has it. Later, QD.

Jecht
02-06-2008, 08:58 AM
just about every single post in here was wrong outside of FC man and QD...

ronin-BMW
swordfish-TVR
EVERY JAMES BOND FILM IN EXISTANCE-AstonMartin/Lotus/BMW

This is all off the top of my head..sure there are plenty of movies w/American Cars...but there is just as many if not more w/euro cars and asain cars..

That doesn't necessarily mean that the companies paid to be in the film. It means that it wouldn't be a James Bond film without high-end euros and it wouldn't be Gone in 60 Seconds without every brand possible.

On_Her_Face
02-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I really wanted to see an STI in Transformers

and transform into a bowl of rice or what?

Jimmy B
02-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Imports have Fast & Furious.

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Later, QD.

And we ALL know how that turned out! LMAO

Reaper
02-06-2008, 10:21 AM
That doesn't necessarily mean that the companies paid to be in the film. It means that it wouldn't be a James Bond film without high-end euros and it wouldn't be Gone in 60 Seconds without every brand possible.

In Gone in 60 seconds your correct, and James Bond partially correct, but I know for a FACT that Aston Martin paid the production company of the bond films to feature the new Vanquish when it was released as well as the new DBS type S..

RandomGuy
02-06-2008, 10:22 AM
That doesn't necessarily mean that the companies paid to be in the film. It means that it wouldn't be a James Bond film without high-end euros and it wouldn't be Gone in 60 Seconds without every brand possible.yes it does

even if they are dead set on what car is in the film, the maker of the car will happily pay productions to give publicity to their car/brand.

Reaper
02-06-2008, 10:23 AM
yes it does

even if they are dead set on what car is in the film, the maker of the car will happily pay productions to give publicity to their car/brand.

exactly

RandomGuy
02-06-2008, 10:28 AM
just like one of the fast and furious movies was pretty much a 2 hour infomercial on the upcoming Lancer Evolution... I'm sure they paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for that spot.

Reaper
02-06-2008, 10:30 AM
just like one of the fast and furious movies was pretty much a 2 hour infomercial on the upcoming Lancer Evolution... I'm sure they paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$ for that spot.

and IRONMAN thats coming out in may...the Audi R8 is REALLY being promoted in that film..

BKgen®
02-06-2008, 10:32 AM
EAST BOUND AND DOWN, BABY

http://classicautotags.com/images/burt_on_bandit_car_300_size_i1yx.jpg

Reaper
02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
EAST BOUND AND DOWN, BABY

http://classicautotags.com/images/burt_on_bandit_car_300_size_i1yx.jpg

:lmfao: I didn't even think about that..