PDA

View Full Version : Governer help needed lol

DaRussian
02-05-2008, 10:54 PM
ok i got an ls swap in a hatch and its got a governer that shuts it off when i hit 120. is there anyway i can take it off? or disable it somehow? i know how to do it on a 240sx but just wanted to see if its possible with an integra?

Tech5
02-06-2008, 12:04 AM
yeah Get Batlground(Mike) to chip it, he charger I think 80 to chip your ecu

Z0_o6
02-06-2008, 07:58 AM
why?

speedminded
02-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Exactly, why? What makes you think you have the tires, suspension, brakes, or driver ability to exceed 120mph?

Z0_o6
02-06-2008, 08:34 AM
he doesn't. it's a simple answer, really.

DaRussian
02-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Its none of ur business what i have and what i dont, and if i can drive or i cant... i didnt ask about that. i asked if anybody knows how to take it of ok? thanks,

Tech5
02-06-2008, 11:02 PM
they are not trying to be asses about it man, they just trying to let you know its unsafe to have your govenor taking off, due that your tires might not be safe at those speeds, an factorys play in when you want to go that fast , suspension, tires, etc ...they are looking out for your best intrest thats all....but talk to BattleGround ( Mike) an if you give him your ecu an like 80 I think he can knock that out of the park, tell him I sent you , thanks Joshua:goodjob:
Its none of ur business what i have and what i dont, and if i can drive or i cant... i didnt ask about that. i asked if anybody knows how to take it of ok? thanks,

DaRussian
02-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Yea i know its not like i do it everyday. lol. When i race somebody it as soon as i hit 120 it shuts off, for excample i was racing a g35 the other day i was taking on the highway as soon as i hit 120 he left me lol

Tech5
02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
to be honest even if you had govenor off he would leave you...No NA honda stock has power after 120 lol

AnTi-PooN
02-07-2008, 07:52 PM
it's not unsafe... you can still let off the gas that's my governor. :)

Z0_o6
02-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Yea i know its not like i do it everyday. lol. When i race somebody it as soon as i hit 120 it shuts off, for excample i was racing a g35 the other day i was taking on the highway as soon as i hit 120 he left me lol

so basically you are piloting a 120 mph chunk of metal that weighs 2300-2400 lbs. with tires that aren't rated for that speed, a suspension that is probably improperly modified, and a driver that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground (clearly)?

ok, gotcha. go get the governor removed by Batlground, and run it into a tree dip****.

DaRussian
02-08-2008, 09:17 AM
so basically you are piloting a 120 mph chunk of metal that weighs 2300-2400 lbs. with tires that aren't rated for that speed, a suspension that is probably improperly modified, and a driver that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground (clearly)?

ok, gotcha. go get the governor removed by Batlground, and run it into a tree dip****.

Dude u sound like a lil ***** u dont need none of that crap to go 120 ok. 120 is not that fast.

Thanks for the advice im gonna take it into consideration. hahaha

DaRussian
02-08-2008, 09:18 AM
to be honest even if you had govenor off he would leave you...No NA honda stock has power after 120 lol

yea i know. lol

Elbow
02-08-2008, 09:22 AM
:umno: :no: :???: :thinking: :doh: :screwy: :gay:

jmotank
02-08-2008, 09:31 AM
^agreed. if he knows there is no power after 120, why bother taking the governor off? LOL

Z0_o6
02-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Dude u sound like a lil ***** u dont need none of that crap to go 120 ok. 120 is not that fast.

hit something at 120 mph and tell me it isn't that fast.

lose control at 120 mph and tell me it isn't that fast.

kill someone at 120 mph and tell me you had plenty of reaction time.

Batlground
02-08-2008, 06:10 PM
i can remove the governor for you just like Joshua said, its $80 to chip it and remove the governor, but you get a chipped ecu out of it which means you can tune it later on when you get more mods.

If course, i dont advocate going 120mph on the street or illegal street racing.

I merely eliminate the governor and make some fuel and timing adjustments to give you more power. What you do with it is your business.

Just like if you buy a z06 Corvette. No one says you cant go 150mph, but if you wanted to you can. Thats not chevys fault.

OR
The ecu's are for off road use only :)

Batlground
02-08-2008, 06:12 PM
and FYI your speed must be off because the governor is set at 107mph, not 120mph.

what size wheels do you have?

Nissangeek
02-08-2008, 06:57 PM

Not to be an ass, but if you really understood all of the physics and advanced geometry that is involved in a car doing 120 you wouldn't be saying that its not that fast. Your car is lowered. Lowering a car throws off the geometry of the suspension that the manufacturer spent millions in R&D to design for a specific purpose and doing 120 was not that purpose. Unless your car has certain aftermarket suspension components on it to correct the suspension geometry you risk breaking numerous things which would lead to you DYING!!! Also high speeds put undue stress on a cars suspension, and the suspension on a civic was not meant to take that much stress. Not to mention I guarantee that your tires are not rated for that high of a speed. Just think about that before you open your mouth about something you obviously know nothing about.

DaRussian
02-08-2008, 11:53 PM
whatever guys im just gonna delete this thread so that there wont be anymore argument. lol. You guys need to hit 120 and shut up lol. I totally see where u guys are coming from and i was not trying to be a bad ass and I KNOW that its not the most safest thing in the world but its just something u got to experience lol. What is the point if u hook up ur car like crazy do all the suspension work, engine work and u dont even have the balls to hit 100? btw i had a 2000 eclipse and i hit 152 on it with stock suspension and just some khumo tires. and im still alive thank God!

Tech5
02-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Leave the guy alone, if he wanted to put neons on his car, with the fattest muffley an 10' Gold 150 spokes on his civic, who am I to judge, I have my opionion , thats it, he bought his car, he spends his money, its his choice ,he came into here to try an get help not for you to BASH him, So everyone back off, an lets help him figure out his problem which I did in my post above, so Knock this off, if you have a problem contact your local chat line an discuss it with them, b/c knowone wants to hear it in here, thanks, Joshua

Z0_o6
02-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Leave the guy alone, if he wanted to put neons on his car, with the fattest muffley an 10' Gold 150 spokes on his civic, who am I to judge, I have my opionion , thats it, he bought his car, he spends his money, its his choice ,he came into here to try an get help not for you to BASH him, So everyone back off, an lets help him figure out his problem which I did in my post above, so Knock this off, if you have a problem contact your local chat line an discuss it with them, b/c knowone wants to hear it in here, thanks, Joshua

not bashing. telling the truth, that it's pointless to go that fast on public roads. i've been in a civic that would do 165-170, was it smart? no.

besides i'm pretty sure the point of a FORUM is to DISCUSS things. an ENCYCLOPEDIA is for answers.

DaRussian
02-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Alright guys stop arguing lol thanks for the help!

GTScoob
02-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Not to be an ass, but if you really understood all of the physics and advanced geometry that is involved in a car doing 120 you wouldn't be saying that its not that fast. . . . . Just think about that before you open your mouth about something you obviously know nothing about.
Very informative post, I almost thought it wasnt full of complete bull****. Great generalizations and an even better job at leaving out any sort of factual information.

Like these guys said, get a chip and make sure that you've at least got tires rated to go that fast as well as a good alignment and high-speed wheel balancing.

speedminded
02-11-2008, 12:09 PM
whatever guys im just gonna delete this thread so that there wont be anymore argument. lol. You guys need to hit 120 and shut up lol. I totally see where u guys are coming from and i was not trying to be a bad ass and I KNOW that its not the most safest thing in the world but its just something u got to experience lol. What is the point if u hook up ur car like crazy do all the suspension work, engine work and u dont even have the balls to hit 100? btw i had a 2000 eclipse and i hit 152 on it with stock suspension and just some khumo tires. and im still alive thank God!You can go down a hill in a shopping cart at 50mph but doesn't mean you have any control over it or can stop. Just barely tapping the brakes to slow down at 140mph on the Eclipse will glaze the pads and warp the rotors. oh yeah...what model Eclipse did you have? Did you have 14" Daytons on it with low profile tires because the GT runs out of gearing at 140mph...

AlanŽ
02-11-2008, 12:14 PM
i had a 2000 eclipse and i hit 152 on it with stock suspension and just some khumo tires. and im still alive thank God!
I call bull sh!t

AlanŽ
02-11-2008, 12:15 PM
the GT runs out of gearing at 140mph...
:goodjob: :yes:

EJ25RUN
02-11-2008, 12:22 PM

Your an idiot... he hasnt posted specs on his car and your trying to be the "im so smart cause i know hondas arnt possed to go past 120"

shut the fuk and stop being ignorant. Who knows he might have top notch work done to it and has this one issue cause it can handle 120+

EJ25RUN
02-11-2008, 12:29 PM
not bashing. telling the truth, that it's pointless to go that fast on public roads. i've been in a civic that would do 165-170, was it smart? no.

besides i'm pretty sure the point of a FORUM is to DISCUSS things. an ENCYCLOPEDIA is for answers.

except for street speed.... you have the most useless posts.

AlanŽ
02-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Your an idiot... he hasnt posted specs on his car and your trying to be the "im so smart cause i know hondas arnt possed to go past 120"

shut the fuk and stop being ignorant. Who knows he might have top notch work done to it and has this one issue cause it can handle 120+
not to add fuel to the fire but hes sitting here saying he did 152 in an eclipse. The transmission gearing won't allow it to go past 140. Prety much anything he says at this point aint worth ****

SRCRX
02-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Lol...and the car is for sale in your sig.

Sorry, G/L on your Quest!!

speedminded
02-11-2008, 01:05 PM

shut the fuk and stop being ignorant. Who knows he might have top notch work done to it and has this one issue cause it can handle 120+If he had anything worth bragging about it would have been noted beforehand. I'm willing to bet lowering springs on stock shocks, no upgraded sway bars, and tires with a treadwear of 260-300+...

Nissangeek
02-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Very informative post, I almost thought it wasnt full of complete bull****. Great generalizations and an even better job at leaving out any sort of factual information.

Like these guys said, get a chip and make sure that you've at least got tires rated to go that fast as well as a good alignment and high-speed wheel balancing.

What in it is bull****, and what did I leave out?

Z0_o6
02-11-2008, 09:54 PM

ok think about this for just a second.

if he had the smarts to put "top notch work" into the car, then he would probably not have to ask how to remove the governor.

a little common sense goes a long way, try it you might like it.

Dr.G35
02-12-2008, 12:30 AM
it's not unsafe... you can still let off the gas that's my governor. :)

^ smart. no reason to be racing peeps on the highway anyway, theres more lives out there than just yours :no:

Blitanicle99
02-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Quit life. Your stock honda is not going to catch a G35. And a eclipse will not do 152 on stock tires. Its physics. My 5000 lb truck is faster than your honda.

Z0_o6
02-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Quit life. Your stock honda is not going to catch a G35. And a eclipse will not do 152 on stock tires. Its physics. My 5000 lb truck is faster than your honda.

LIRL :lmfao:

DaRussian
02-13-2008, 10:33 PM
why would i lie about something like that? i got better stuff to do lol. plus the eclipse wasnt stock, and it had lower profile wheels.

LS2ner
02-13-2008, 10:47 PM
why would i lie about something like that? i got better stuff to do lol. plus the eclipse wasnt stock, and it had lower profile wheels.

not that smart of a post.... lower profile wheels? just get the ecu chipped. Obviously ur not using an ECU from an integra. Unless it is a DA/DB. My integra would do 120+ with the stock ECU.