PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Need Help Civic Turbo

yeaiwonder88
08-06-2005, 11:04 PM
How much boost can a stock civic hold and when i say stock i mean everything nothing has been changed someone help trying to find out a good boost setting.....

THEONE
08-06-2005, 11:17 PM
what kind of turbo? and do you have a intercooler? what do you have for your fuel system and timing? oh and which motor do you have?

yeaiwonder88
08-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Well lets see its a t3/t4 turbo with front mount intercooler and nothing to fuel or timin and its the d16y8

THEONE
08-06-2005, 11:32 PM
thats a pretty big turbo for that little motor (stock). i would not run anything until you get something for engine managment,safc and dsm450 injectors,hondata or something.i know a guy running 10psi with the afc hack on his civic and its worked out really well for him with (proper tuning) but hes running a t3 turbo.that t3/t4 might be a bit laggy if thats a real word:) if i were you i would start of slowly and raise the boost in steps oh and dont forget to do a compression test before you run any boost.theres a guy selling a msd electronic fmu and msd boost timing master in the car parts section his user name is (revsdr) good stuff and the fmu is safe with stock injectors up to 6-7psi of boost.

EP3sAreFun
08-06-2005, 11:52 PM
i think alot of ppl are still using a T25 which is a smaller turbo that spools quicker, corect me if i'm wrong

B16a2 Civic
08-07-2005, 12:01 AM
6-7 psi safely

D16Civic
08-07-2005, 12:12 AM
if this is ur daily driver, i kinda doubt ull be happy with that big of a turbo. Ur goin to have some major lag, in ur normal driving rpm range, i doubt ull feel much.

Those big turbos are made for built motors where u can raise ur rev limit cuz they will still be making power past ur redline but o well. Im guessing u already have it.

id definitly say no more than 9-10 psi, and thats with a perfect tune
id get a obd1 ecu and use uberdata to tune, a lot cheaper than hondata yet still very very good

iNsTuN nOoDoH
08-07-2005, 11:21 AM
With a t3t4 you might want to consider running low boost, that turbo is pretty big for the D. I'm running a t3 on mine and it's a little "laggy", but it gets on it once I hit full boost. I had 10 psi runnin the hack, but now I'm runnin 10-11 with uberdata, daily driven. Of course I don't beat the hell outta the car unless I get picked on... If you run the hack you might want to consider getting that msd boost timing thing, cuz runnin the hack your timing is going to be advanced(not good with boost). I am running uberdata and it works fine, but my gas mileage sucks haha. I will convert back to the hack during emissions time though. Oh yeah, don't go the fmu route...