PDA

View Full Version : Help me get a job, PLEASE =]

EuRo FLYbOy
02-05-2008, 06:31 PM
I am 16 years old (yes I know I'm young) and currently in High School. And I need to find myself a job. Please NO fast food places, and yes I have tried craigslist. I've applied for a few jobs but still no luck. Please let me know if you have anything in mind! And please don't waste my time. I want a legit job.

Blitanicle99
02-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Try and find some independent contractors. I started construction when I was young making cash money and learning a good skill.
Thats all I can tell you. Most restaurants are probably getting busy now, go apply for a busser position, its not that bad. I had fun, the night went fast and made some bank money. Putting up with that for awhile got me a Expo and manager position when I was 17. I made 15 an hour, worked every night, ate free every night and got to date some hot azz waitresses.

I think home depot hires people as a minor, but if you are late once your fired. Go knock on doors, the worst answer your going to get is no. And every place is not going to put up ads or help wanted signs.

EuRo FLYbOy
02-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanks man. I've worked in construction during the Summer and I got $350 a week and only worked Monday - Friday. I LOVED it but it I can't do it now because the guy I worked with starts working at 6:00 A.M. and I have school. But thanks I will try your suggestions.

Batlground
02-05-2008, 07:31 PM
lifeguarding paid my bills in HS

EuRo FLYbOy
02-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Oh how do I get that job? Just go to some pool and ask them?

aguynamedpat
02-05-2008, 08:22 PM
No, you have to be certified and trained, and the company that does that will place you at a pool (some will let you choose). Is G-Country Gwinnett County? Bussers make good money and most of them love the atmosphere of a restaurant, something like Chilis or Applebees, somewhere where its not so corporate driven like Longhorn or O' Charleys. Try a bowling alley, they are always hiring people at 16. Jillians USED to hire at 16, but Im not sure they do any more.

Movie theaters will also hire at 16, hey cant beat free movies.

AnTi-PooN
02-05-2008, 08:28 PM
if you don't live too far from the mall of ga i can hook it up at papa johns for you

jfman
02-05-2008, 09:09 PM
You ever worked delivery Skinny? How much can you earn in tips?

ksniperfox
02-07-2008, 01:11 PM
if you don't live too far from the mall of ga i can hook it up at papa johns for you

see above where it says no fast food. ever wonder why youre stuck delivering pizzas in your grandmothers '89 civic hatch?

try QT. duh.

DieselNuts
02-07-2008, 01:20 PM
I know a place where you can plant tulips for $15/hr

LeX
02-07-2008, 01:24 PM
I know a place where you can plant tulips for $15/hr

yeah we know already :boobies:

DieselNuts
02-07-2008, 07:36 PM
yeah we know already :boobies:
lol, I wasnt even gonna follow through on it this time. Its just too easy :D