PDA

View Full Version : civic dx wont start sometimes

SDBCIVIC
02-05-2008, 06:19 PM
my civic wont start sometimes when its warm out like today.
i have tried replacing the main relay and fuel pump and filter but it still does it.
i was thinking of getting another ecu hince the wtb post for p06 ecu. but any other ideas? it just turns over but no ignition. i am going to install a guage on the fuel pump so i can see the pressure. and i dont think its a spark issue because it runs but sometimes it just wont start.

help!

Tech5
02-05-2008, 06:33 PM
What you need to do when its not cranking, go where the fuel filter is next to the battery an brake the top nut lose its a 17mm, an see if it sprays a lot, watch out dont let it spray on you or the battery, if it does then its a fire issue, if it doesnt go to the cap on the distrubtor an take a wire off an barely touch it to the cap an see if it sparks, if it doesnt then its the main relay which is under the dash grey box with a wide connector in it, if you bought a used relay you could have gotten a bad one, or you fixed the problem but fouled out the plugs, check them see if they are wet black looking, if so they are fouled out, throw some new ones in, lmk if I can help Joshua

silversol
02-05-2008, 06:37 PM
if its heat related doing it when its hot check the dizzy and the coil inside it

Tech5
02-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I got a Dizzy if you need it lmk ....But I bet its your dizzy

SDBCIVIC
02-05-2008, 06:48 PM
yeah i was thinking dizzy too or ecu. the main relay came out of my wrecked civic which still ran after the accident. i will try the fuel guage so i can watch the gas pressure. but i havent checked spark yet just wanted to get some ideas that i may not have thought of.
thanks guys

Tech5
02-05-2008, 06:51 PM
ecu highly unlikely,,,either its the dizzy or main relay, you dont have to put a gauge on it, just do what i said in my post ..

SDBCIVIC
02-06-2008, 05:48 PM
but i have a guage already and if im taking off the bolt then i might as well install it.

SDBCIVIC
02-10-2008, 10:59 AM
update. i worked on the car for a few minutes yesterday and found that the fuel pump is not coming on every time. the main relay was replaced with one i know was good so now im thinking that something is causing the relay to go bad.