PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Jeremy Clarkson on the new WRX, lol

man
02-05-2008, 11:54 AM
"Right now, I'm looking out of my window at the new Subaru Impreza WRX, and I'm sorry, but there's no getting away from the big, all-consuming, overpowering fact that despite a number of outstanding features, no one in their right mind will buy such a thing. Because it looks like it's been hosed down with a massive and sustained burst of fire from the ugly gun."
-Jeremy Clarkson

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2008/01/stories/07/1.html

EJ25RUN
02-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Jeremy Clarkson on the new STI

"""Alright, time to go on the record and say that I almost like the looks of this new Impreza STi.

I said 'almost'. And part of the reason I almost like the look of it is because I've driven it.

Even ten minutes behind the wheel of this car will have you feeling that the looks don't matter too much - it's got wider, flared arches than the standard car, so it's probably better as a result. Put it this way: the fuel filler cap is convex rather than concave.

Besides, we're all used to ugly Subaru Imprezas, ever since the goggle-eyed squinter that was the second generation car shocked the hell out of us six years ago.

Subaru has been trounced in the WRC recently, partly because the saloon-shape current car has too much front and rear overhang. Note that the winning Citroens and Fords are all compact hatches. Subaru has.

The new five-door hatch has a longer wheelbase than the outgoing saloon - important for rallying - and is also shorter overall. So it has more of a wheel-at-each corner stance. That helps the road car, too. You can feel that it holds its line slightly better than before, and turns in a little bit more positively. """

For the rest read \/
http://www.topgear.com/blogs/drives/124-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti/

man
02-05-2008, 12:00 PM
"I like a painting. But I will not buy one, no matter how deft the brushwork, or how well the artist captures the natural light, if the subject matter is James May's scrotum. Because I would not find that attractive."

HAHAHAHA

man
02-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Jeremy Clarkson on the new STI

I think you mean:

"Posted by Bill Thomas at 8:30AM on Tuesday 06 November, 2007"

On_Her_Face
02-05-2008, 12:16 PM
i have always liked and mostly agreed with mr. clarkson

JITB
02-05-2008, 02:59 PM
the sti looks really nice, the more i see it the better it looks in person

man
02-07-2008, 11:56 AM
the sti looks really nice, the more i see it the better it looks in person

I saw the new Impreza the other day and thought it was a Kia

Nemesis
02-07-2008, 12:01 PM
I saw the new Impreza the other day and thought it was a Kia

I love Subarus, but Id have to agree, I cant remember what model Kia it is, but I seriously mistook it for one.

Ran
02-07-2008, 12:38 PM
"I choose my final words on the Impreza carefully, then - that won't do."

I seriously laughed through that entire article.

ZeDFuNk
02-07-2008, 01:48 PM
couldn't agree more. i hate that ugly ass car.

Get-R-Done!
02-13-2008, 08:49 AM
I dont think it looks that bad. Granted the 06 STI does look better IMO. Its a different look...and it kind of grows on you. Just like the fit with me...i thought it was the ugliest thing in the world until i started to see more and more of them and what they can be and I started to like them.

Kevykev
02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
Hahaaa well written, Suby Endorsers will not like this!

"See it in PERSON MFERs" is what they will say.

redpanda
02-13-2008, 09:46 AM
i like the new sti

1SICKLEX
02-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Clarkson is the man!!!

man
02-18-2008, 12:30 AM
I dont think it looks that bad. Granted the 06 STI does look better IMO. Its a different look...and it kind of grows on you. Just like the fit with me...i thought it was the ugliest thing in the world until i started to see more and more of them and what they can be and I started to like them.

That's what I like to call "settling"