PDA

View Full Version : Misc Secrets to getting WASHBOARD abs...

mp5o
08-06-2005, 08:07 PM

Whos knows em? hehe

C22H19N3O4
08-07-2005, 05:52 AM
Honestly, there are no secrets to a six pack. It takes hard work and dedication.

Here's a link to some articles (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Abdominals)

A link to a Muscle Media workout (http://www.musclemedia.com/training/BootCamp.asp)

Finally, a link to the old Muscle Media homepage (http://www.musclemedia.com/)

I used to be a huge fan of MM before they vanished. They had great science based articles, unlike some BB mags.GL!

HyPer50
08-07-2005, 09:59 AM
Nice links pharm.

mp5o
08-07-2005, 09:31 PM
Yea, well...I've tried everything and I've plataued(SP??) here for a few months... And I need help. lol
By the way... Thanks for the links.

C22H19N3O4
08-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Yea, well...I've tried everything and I've plataued(SP??) here for a few months... And I need help. lol
By the way... Thanks for the links.

Well, first of all I would be concerned why you have plateaued, which is normal, and what you've been doing to assure this doesn't happen again.
1-Are consuming enough calories?
2-Are you getting enough rest/recovery time?
3-Are you overtraining?
4-How often are you changing your workout routine?

Answer those questions honestly. Once you have adjusted the areas you need to lets talk about the HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Most people have this long drawn out cardio workout. Yes, there are those who need low-no impact routines b/c of physical impairments, but even those people will need to increase their intensity or length of workout to seeing continuing results. Ever notice joggers that run everyday but are still overweight? I have never been a firm believer in 2 hour speedwalking sessions. I would apply that method only if you are seriously out of shape, and that would only be for a short period of time. Mp50, let's say that you have your diet and workout down, but those last few pounds won't melt away around your abs? As I mentioned in my other post, I have been a Muscle Media fan since the get go, but one article they presented years ago caught my attention. Here it is (http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp)
I'm sure most of you have heard of this, but some of you may not be aware of it at all. This routine is not for a novice, but the short INTENSE workouts maybe just what you need to break the plateau. The first time I tried the routine I almost passed out, but over time the results showed. Ever notice the physique of a world class sprinter? Most of their workouts consist of short INTENSE sessions, and those mofos are RIPPED!. Those interested, give it a try and post your results. Goodluck!

mp5o
08-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Well, first of all I would be concerned why you have plateaued, which is normal, and what you've been doing to assure this doesn't happen again.
1-Are consuming enough calories?
2-Are you getting enough rest/recovery time?
3-Are you overtraining?
4-How often are you changing your workout routine?
Answer those questions honestly. Once you have adjusted the areas you need to lets talk about the HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). Most people have this long drawn out cardio workout. Yes, there are those who need low-no impact routines b/c of physical impairments, but even those people will need to increase their intensity or length of workout to seeing continuing results. Ever notice joggers that run everyday but are still overweight? I have never been a firm believer in 2 hour speedwalking sessions. I would apply that method only if you are seriously out of shape, and that would only be for a short period of time. Mp50, let's say that you have your diet and workout down, but those last few pounds won't melt away around your abs? As I mentioned in my other post, I have been a Muscle Media fan since the get go, but one article they presented years ago caught my attention. Here it is (http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp)
I'm sure most of you have heard of this, but some of you may not be aware of it at all. This routine is not for a novice, but the short INTENSE workouts maybe just what you need to break the plateau. The first time I tried the routine I almost passed out, but over time the results showed. Ever notice the physique of a world class sprinter? Most of their workouts consist of short INTENSE sessions, and those mofos are RIPPED!. Those interested, give it a try and post your results. Goodluck!

1. I honestly havent been keeping track... :doh:
2. 5-8 hours a night enough?
3. Depends on your meaning of "overtraining" Sometimes I hit the gym 5 days in a row... Sometimes only twice a week... Yea... I need a better routine...
4. My "routine" is usually... Hit every machine 2-3 times doing 5-8 reps on the most weight I can handle every time I go... Plus a 10-20 minute intense bike ride...

That HIIT system seems like a great idea... I'll give it a try and keep ya updated. Thanks alot man.

SwiftGTiRacer
08-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Me....

Swifty

mp5o
08-08-2005, 01:10 PM
They're LOPSIDED!! :lmfao:

SwiftGTiRacer
08-08-2005, 01:14 PM
i think its from the way i'm leaning against the counter. i'll try and get a better pic just so u don't think i'm full of B.S.

Swifty

NEONRACER
08-09-2005, 11:06 AM
If you want abs the only way to get them is low bodyfat. Everyone has them whether they are big or small with low enough bodyfat you will see them. All the crunches, sit-ups, knee raises won't brinf you abs out. They will get bigger but the fat will still cover them and you will look fatter then you really are because you have big abs but there is enough fat to cover them. If you want to get big don't worry about your abs for now. You will need to eat so much that they will be behind fat reagardless. Once you put on some size you can diet back down and get them to show. Learn how your body reacts to training, food and dieting. Once you do that you will be able to put on weight and then take it back off when you want to.

mp5o
08-09-2005, 01:05 PM
i think its from the way i'm leaning against the counter. i'll try and get a better pic just so u don't think i'm full of B.S.

Swifty

I dont think ur full of bs man. I was just fuckin with ya :bigok:

AtifSajid
08-11-2005, 12:43 PM
yeah..we dont post naked men on IA!!!lol

So girls where your abs?

chuck
08-11-2005, 01:42 PM
abs are built %90 from what you eat...i used to hardly eat in high school to keep weight down for wrestling and my 6 pack was twice as defined as it is now...the only thing i've changed is what i eat...now i eat 2 times as much as i ate then, i've only been able to gain 15 lbs since then but the 6 pack was the first thing to go. everyone has those same muscles, i think the trick it just keeping all the other crap out of the way...haha.

mp5o
08-11-2005, 07:59 PM
Here is part of my routine. Inclined situps with 24lbs, 3x10-20, 2-5 times a week. INTENSE bike ride for 5 minutes at a time twice each work out..... That along with my regular work out. Any reccomendations?

technoteg97
08-11-2005, 08:02 PM
take..Steroids!

SwiftGTiRacer
08-12-2005, 12:34 AM
abs are built %90 from what you eat...i used to hardly eat in high school to keep weight down for wrestling and my 6 pack was twice as defined as it is now...the only thing i've changed is what i eat...now i eat 2 times as much as i ate then, i've only been able to gain 15 lbs since then but the 6 pack was the first thing to go. everyone has those same muscles, i think the trick it just keeping all the other crap out of the way...haha.

Not so true. I started out like the pic MP50 posted. I'm a hard gainer so i eat about 8 BIG meals a day. When i started up my diet and going to the gym is when my abs really started to get where they are at. Before i didn't have anything. It all depends on what type of person you are. If you are a hard gainer (have trouble gaining wieght) then you need to add on some calories. You can't just eat whatever you want though. I eat all healthy all they time. I may splurge once in a while. A person who is trying to loose thier gut needs to run and have a smaller diet. If your really interested i'll post up my diet and work out routine. It might help some of you guys out. When i started i was at 160 in late December. I got really serious about my diet & the gym in mid January and thats when the progress started to hit. By the beggining of April i was a clean 178. i didn't put on any additional fat. Now i'm at 183 trying to hit 188 before Oct.

Swifty

topsecret2JZ
08-12-2005, 12:35 AM
steroids... check out barry bonds abs.. wow :gay:

sebastianHoff
09-27-2005, 06:11 AM
if you gay i think they issue them at your first rally.

blurred visions
09-28-2005, 01:20 AM
Honestly, there are no secrets to a six pack. It takes hard work and dedication.

Here's a link to some articles (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Abdominals)

A link to a Muscle Media workout (http://www.musclemedia.com/training/BootCamp.asp)

Finally, a link to the old Muscle Media homepage (http://www.musclemedia.com/)

I used to be a huge fan of MM before they vanished. They had great science based articles, unlike some BB mags.GL!

Thanks for the links, I have been doing the musclemedia work outs and I love them! I hate situps and these are great considering you don't really have to do any. I can already tell that if I keep doing it then I will definately see a difference in month. Also, you can do this in your own home.