PDA

View Full Version : Screw Cingular/ATT

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 01:05 PM
So back in August, I actually dish out and buy a brand new phone and not a go phone for once. I got the sync, its ok it does the job it needs to. Well suddenly it went to hell, camera is non existant, freezes up and drops calls. I go to the ATT/Cingular Store and ask them about it.
Apparently there is a one year manufactures warrenty on it. Perfect!
However, if it has a single scratch on it as in youve dropped it once, you will be re charged for a phone that is refuribished.
Ive spent almost an hour on the phone with ATT trying to get them to override their gay little rule because my family has 4 lines with them, has been with them for probably 10 years now and has one hell of a plan. These people wont do a damn thing for me and I will never buy anything from ATT again.

Alright, fine Ill beat the system as usual and buy a go phone and throw my sim card in it. I called ATT again, just making sure there wasnt any additional fees on buying a particular go phone. Well aparently theyve now made it so if you do it, in about 15 minutes the phone wont work anymore.

Great. So now my phone doesnt work, the warrenty I did have is now voided and I cant buy a cheap phone and use that because again ATT wont fix a simple problem.
I am absolutely done with them. F this, Im going somewhere else.

SlowsterCivy
02-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Verizon Wireless won't let you down! Why don't you see about that?

isa2o3
02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
t mobile

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 01:31 PM
I am so pissed off at this its not even funny. The one single time I actually buy something normally from their store, I get royally screwed.

SlowsterCivy
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
t mobile

I have crap-mobile = T-mobile. And it sucks sometimes...Verizon is the best.

BuBBa DRiFT
02-04-2008, 01:35 PM
the go phone trick works, the ATT lady told me to do it like 2 days ago, i went to the store and bought my mom a new phone, and now she uses it regularly. are you sure they werent b/sing you? And for the record, if you ever plan on cheating a cell phone company, dont tell them! But I agree with you, after this August im going Metro PCS or Verizon.

BuBBa DRiFT
02-04-2008, 01:36 PM
I have crap-mobile = T-mobile. And it sucks sometimes...Verizon is the best.

welcome to the green side of life sir.

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 01:39 PM
the go phone trick works, the ATT lady told me to do it like 2 days ago, i went to the store and bought my mom a new phone, and now she uses it regularly. are you sure they werent b/sing you? And for the record, if you ever plan on cheating a cell phone company, dont tell them! But I agree with you, after this August im going Metro PCS or Verizon.

No I did not tell them anything. I told him that I was sick my monthly plan and going for a prepaid thing. He sounded kinda cool, and said if I ever did put my monthly back onto a prepaid phone now, the system logs it and will turn it off. I told him thats impossible because my dad has a go phone and just got it, and has not had a single problem with it. He said he was very suprised that it did not fail yet and I should expect it too soon enough.

Now he may have been full of it so I would pay full dollar for a phone, I really dont know.

BuBBa DRiFT
02-04-2008, 01:41 PM
well ill let you know in a couple days how its going, so far its working fine

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Definately. Im looking at used blackberrys on craigslist as a replacement.

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 01:53 PM
yea verizon FTW

R3RUN
02-04-2008, 02:07 PM
When my sync died they swapped it out for a new one for free. Same when my brother's went. IMO, the sync is not the most reliable phone.

Scrappy
02-04-2008, 03:12 PM
hey i got a 8810 here if ur wanting one. $150.00

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Damn just found out you have to pay extra for blackberry service. Screw that.

pali_meister
02-04-2008, 04:56 PM
i feel ya dude. when my dad and me moved to NC he called cingular and told them to change the account to unlimited long distance. They only changed his phone so here i am talking to the girlfriend in atlanta for hours and hours, and next thing i know i get a $3200 phone bill. They didnt inform me in any way that im racking up that kind of a bill. Im with sprint now but they dont have any sexy phones.

David88vert
02-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Call customer service at AT&T. It will route you to the Mumbai customer care service center. Go ahead and tell the guy how answers ("Bob" or "Fred") that you need to speak to a manager. Just be polite but firm with them that they WILL provide you a replacement phone. It's worth a shot.

I bought a Sync off the internet for my Mom, and it didn't work. She took it into a local Cingular store, and they swapped it out - no questions asked - even after she told them that she didn't get it from them. No charge, and replaced even the battery and charger. Try you local stores as well. Some stores are more lienient.

Nissan Sean
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
as a repesentative from at&t th e reason you are getting screwed is because( at&t does not give 2 sh its about you or your problems. at&t makes so much damn money that they can srew customers like you and not worry about it. from what i see day to day thats just how it is. but if your a new customer we will go crazy with free stuff and awesome service. you think Verizon wil be any better? nope. i used to work for them too. they are even worse, atleast w/ us we have gsm capabilities so you can easily switch out phones. if you need some help or advice you can pm me. i manage an at&t store. and the go-phone you bought should work. i see no reason it wouldnt. make sure the store you went to is a corporate store. they have more flexibiliy on ways to fix your problems. GL

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Call customer service at AT&T. It will route you to the Mumbai customer care service center. Go ahead and tell the guy how answers ("Bob" or "Fred") that you need to speak to a manager. Just be polite but firm with them that they WILL provide you a replacement phone. It's worth a shot.

I bought a Sync off the internet for my Mom, and it didn't work. She took it into a local Cingular store, and they swapped it out - no questions asked - even after she told them that she didn't get it from them. No charge, and replaced even the battery and charger. Try you local stores as well. Some stores are more lienient.

I spent almost an hour with them and after manager and supervisor and higher power they just kept getting more rude and more rude. I got pissed and hung up.

And NissanSean, you have a PM. I would love any additional advice or help I can get. Reps for the help

gtikid
02-04-2008, 07:13 PM
One scratch? I highly doubt it was only one scratch. My brother swapped out an 8525 that was pretty beat up, and XBM exchanged it no problems at all. Remember, the phone has "normal wear from being in my pocket with keys and change" ;) . Besides, i've seen customers phones that have waaaay more than one scratch, and they get swapped out no problem.

And the guy on customer service gave you the biggest bullsh!t i've heard from an AT&T rep :lmfao: Come on man, that just reeks bullsh!t. You really think AT&T is gonna go around checking 65 million customer's phone to make sure they don't have a go phone? Not just that, we're GSM, meaning you can use ANY GSM phone. He got you :lmfao:

O and on a further note, that's why we offer INSURANCE ;) We offer it for a reason. Don't blame us because YOU bought a phone, YOU broke it, and YOU decided to be a cheap ass and not pay $5 extra a month :goodjob:

The Ninja
02-04-2008, 07:14 PM
AT&T FTMFW!!!!

I like'em, been with'em for 6 years now. Family's been with them since '97.

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 07:17 PM
One scratch? I highly doubt it was only one scratch. My brother swapped out an 8525 that was pretty beat up, and XBM exchanged it no problems at all. Remember, the phone has "normal wear from being in my pocket with keys and change" ;) . Besides, i've seen customers phones that have waaaay more than one scratch, and they get swapped out no problem.

And the guy on customer service gave you the biggest bullsh!t i've heard from an AT&T rep :lmfao: Come on man, that just reeks bullsh!t. You really think AT&T is gonna go around checking 65 million customer's phone to make sure they don't have a go phone? Not just that, we're GSM, meaning you can use ANY GSM phone. He got you :lmfao:

O and on a further note, that's why we offer INSURANCE ;) We offer it for a reason. Don't blame us because YOU bought a phone, YOU broke it, and YOU decided to be a cheap ass and not pay $5 extra a month :goodjob:

So your saying the go phone story is BS. I can order one of ATTs website and use it without problems?

And how beat up we talking? Im rough on phones. It has scratches on it and what they like to refer as "gouges" because your finger nail catches on them and then the manufacture (Samsung) apparently wont cover it. I cant risk spending 210 bucks on something I already paid for. Unless I can absolutely get a new phone for free, I guess I am ordering a go phone off ATT.

Eurostunna07
02-04-2008, 07:19 PM
at&T also sucks cuz its 20.00 a month for unlimited text..and dayyum. and 15.99 for media net ****.

gtikid
02-04-2008, 07:21 PM
So your saying the go phone story is BS. I can order one of ATTs website and use it without problems?

And how beat up we talking? Im rough on phones. It has scratches on it and what they like to refer as "gouges" because your finger nail catches on them and then the manufacture (Samsung) apparently wont cover it. I cant risk spending 210 bucks on something I already paid for. Unless I can absolutely get a new phone for free, I guess I am ordering a go phone off ATT.

BTW, when referring to "YOU", I was making a reference to the customers in general :goodjob:

And i'm talking beat up. The plastic the 8525's are made of don't do a good job of hiding scratches at all. It had chips everywhere and even had the port for the charger gone, and the keyboard was raised from being drop haha.

Did you go to the warranty location or call XBM?

You should come in and get a go phone from me and give me the activation :D

The Ninja
02-04-2008, 07:24 PM
BTW, when referring to "YOU", I was making a reference to the customers in general :goodjob:

And i'm talking beat up. The plastic the 8525's are made of don't do a good job of hiding scratches at all. It had chips everywhere and even had the port for the charger gone, and the keyboard was raised from being drop haha.

Hey, you shut it. You were supposed to give me the hook-up, but noooooooo... I ended up paying full price for my Tilt. Speaking of which I just sent in my rebate today, ****ing FedEx making me wait 30min. to postmark a damn envelope.

gtikid
02-04-2008, 07:25 PM
at&T also sucks cuz its 20.00 a month for unlimited text..and dayyum. and 15.99 for media net ****.

$14.99 for unlimted internet :goodjob:

Sorry, we're not a cheap company and actually get good service any and everywhere

Julio
02-04-2008, 07:25 PM
10 + years with AT&T no issues. EVER.

gtikid
02-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey, you shut it. You were supposed to give me the hook-up, but noooooooo... I ended up paying full price for my Tilt. Speaking of which I just sent in my rebate today, ****ing FedEx making me wait 30min. to postmark a damn envelope.

LOLOL I told you what I could do!! I couldn't hook-up as much as if you were a new customer, I can BEND the rules, not BREAk them :tongue1:

I could of gotten you the 2 year price, but you told me you found it cheaper somewhere else :lmfao:

Eurostunna07
02-04-2008, 07:26 PM
$14.99 for unlimted internet :goodjob:

Sorry, we're not a cheap company and actually get good service any and everywhere

dude... on ya'lls website it says 20.00 :goodjob:

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 07:38 PM

If you can get the Nokia 6126 for 40 bucks I will. :D
Thats what it is online.

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Oh and PM me back!

gtikid
02-04-2008, 08:44 PM
dude... on ya'lls website it says 20.00 :goodjob:

It dropped 2 sundays ago

gtikid
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
If you can get the Nokia 6126 for 40 bucks I will. :D
Thats what it is online.

Yea man, you can actually go into any corporate AT&T store and they'll be able to sell you out a Nokia 6126 for 40 bucks. That started 2 weeks ago as something to help out the customers who weren't eligible to upgrade and were out of their warranty :goodjob:

RISKYB
02-04-2008, 09:41 PM
never had any problems with att for over two years now

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Yea man, you can actually go into any corporate AT&T store and they'll be able to sell you out a Nokia 6126 for 40 bucks. That started 2 weeks ago as something to help out the customers who weren't eligible to upgrade and were out of their warranty :goodjob:

What is a corporate store?

Nissan Sean
02-05-2008, 11:56 AM
its a store that doesnt say "athorized dealer" thers a corporate store on 50 Barrett pkwy. and 2 on roswell rd i believe.

Ran
02-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Been with AT&T / Cingular for as long as I can remember. Never had a problem. :)

1000cckiller
02-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Verizon Wireless won't let you down! Why don't you see about that?bs

1000cckiller
02-05-2008, 01:02 PM
t mobileterroist mobile, I think not.