PDA

View Full Version : rear ended. *&*&@#*&$

b16ftw
02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
so yesterday. i was driving along and i see the light turn yellow, i was a little unsure whether to go ahead and run it or not, but finally i decided to go ahead and stop which i did so pretty abruptly. next thing i know, i'm being launched back into the middle of the intersection not knowing what the fuuck was happening. this guy i knew was following to closely and didn't see me stop apparently so he ran right into me.

now, it would have been fine with me if it was a stranger. i would have got the police involved and everything. but i didn't really know what to do since he was a friend. we decided to drive to a friend's house that was nearby where we looked over the damage. his car seemed to be fine with just his front license plate messed up.

but as you can see mine got a little messed up. my stereo is not working any more, my bumper's messed up, and there might be damage to the frame. not to mention my back/and head hurt like a *****. and since i was "being nice" and didn't call the police i don't have any recourse. i'm pretty stupid i guess. don't hate please, because i don't need that shiit.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z103/mxpxwillrocku/Picture006.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z103/mxpxwillrocku/Picture003.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z103/mxpxwillrocku/Picture005.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z103/mxpxwillrocku/Picture004.jpg
(at least my buddy club was alright)

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z103/mxpxwillrocku/Picture007.jpg

passenger seat belt rubbed up against something. idk.

as much as this sucks, i'm thankful no one was hurt.

Scotsman
02-04-2008, 10:12 AM
damn , sorry to hear that bro

Sammich
02-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I LOL @ THIS CUZ HE WOULDNT HAVE HAD TO PAY...HIS INSURANCE WOULD HAVE

BABY J
02-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Just "driving along" huh? Interesting.

xlilvi3tx
02-04-2008, 10:36 AM
I LOL @ THIS CUZ HE WOULDNT HAVE HAD TO PAY...HIS INSURANCE WOULD HAVE

yeh.... but it kept the car title clean and his insurance wouldnt go up.... which would evenually go over what his friend would have to pay... :goodjob: oh well sucks it couldnt have been a stranger. lol i would have said i hurted all over and all that crap lol

Sammich
02-04-2008, 10:38 AM
yeh.... but it kept the car title clean and his insurance wouldnt go up.... which would evenually go over what his friend would have to pay... :goodjob: oh well sucks it couldnt have been a stranger. lol i would have said i hurted all over and all that crap lol

keeps it clean for him, but not for those who would wanna purchase it and have no idean about this incident

R3RUN
02-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Aren't you just a great and moral person.

Sucks about your car man but you probably should have called the cops unless you know he is going to man up and pay.

Papa_Smurf
02-04-2008, 10:45 AM

Sucks about your car man but you probably should have called the cops unless you know he is going to man up and pay.

x2, it does suck, but i'd get the police involved unless he was going to drive you to an ATM and give you cash for the dammage right then...

hope this doesn't end up bad for you, and your friend will pay for all of the dammages.

xlilvi3tx
02-04-2008, 10:52 AM

idk am i?

R3RUN
02-04-2008, 10:56 AM
idk am i?
Since you obviously can't read I'll make this real simple. Not informing someone that a car has been in an accident so that you can get more money when you go to sell the car is a **** move and I'm pretty sure its illegal as well.

1slowep3
02-04-2008, 10:56 AM
I feel for ya.I ve been there but it was family for me.It all worked out in the end.I hope it does for you.If not take it out of his ass:)

Sammich
02-04-2008, 10:58 AM
sorry i repped you

xlilvi3tx
02-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Since you obviously can't read I'll make this real simple. Not informing someone that a car has been in an accident so that you can get more money when you go to sell the car is a **** move and I'm pretty sure its illegal as well.

yes i am imformed of that. and yeh its illegal to sell the car without telling them the history of it and yes i agree its messed up if it was anything big. but if a friend hit u and anything barely happened to any of yall, would u bother to call they police? idk about u but i would just make him pay for a repaint. if it was anything big or frame damage then i would have to call police and let insurance deal with it.

xlilvi3tx
02-04-2008, 11:07 AM
oh sh!t i just notice i read PBS second post wrong that why i put that. i do agree it wrong to keep hidden thing when sellin the car but lil stuff can slide. my mistake. ima just sleep now before i get other crap mixed up :screwy:

Sammich
02-04-2008, 11:54 AM
yes i am imformed of that. and yeh its illegal to sell the car without telling them the history of it and yes i agree its messed up if it was anything big. but if a friend hit u and anything barely happened to any of yall, would u bother to call they police? idk about u but i would just make him pay for a repaint. if it was anything big or frame damage then i would have to call police and let insurance deal with it.

you act like he is going to pay for it..and nowadays..most insurances dont go up because of one accident...so the insurance woulda paid for it...so whats the big deal?

xlilvi3tx
02-04-2008, 12:02 PM
you act like he is going to pay for it..and nowadays..most insurances dont go up because of one accident...so the insurance woulda paid for it...so whats the big deal?

well most of the time a "friend" would but if not then the insurance it is.

and if thats how the insurance is nowadays then there is no big deal and dont mind my post. im not informed that thats how insurance is now. from what i thought, its stricter nowadays and like any small accident can cause it to go up. guess i learned something new and i apologize for my tired ass. well ima seriously get to bed. later

Nitro
02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
u still have time to do it as a hit & run.....but hopefully your friend "Mans up" and helps you get your chit straight.......u did look out for him :D

R3RUN
02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
He said there may be frame damage.

Oh, and nitro, did you mean to forget the "s" at the end of Always?

Nitro
02-04-2008, 12:21 PM
He said there may be frame damage.

Oh, and nitro, did you mean to forget the "s" at the end of Always?

HAHAHAHA u know how we talk in the hood :lmfao:

we Alway forget shawty!!!!

R3RUN
02-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Lol, I figured as much. Dat hoooooooood speak mang.

b16ftw
02-04-2008, 01:11 PM
damn. i just posted this a few hours ago.

well thanks guys.

and yeah i'm well aware that if i had called the police right then and there that his insurance would have paid for it.

hence calling myself stupid.

b16ftw
02-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Lol, I figured as much. Dat hoooooooood speak mang.

lol

Doppelgänger
02-04-2008, 03:58 PM
lol@thisthread

You really think your "friend" is going to shell out a couple thousand dollars from his pocket to fix your car? Unless he calls his insurance and says he hit you in a parking lot and wants to claim it, you're SOL. But given the opportunity, most people will flee from the situation and take it as a change to keep their record clean with their ins. company... i probably would.

mushroom_toy
02-04-2008, 09:11 PM
You should have milked that son of a ***** for some money lol. First though you should have gotten the popo involved. If your body is ****ed because of this then sucks to be you. :screwy:

b16ftw
02-04-2008, 09:21 PM
well he is a friend. no shiit it would have been better for me to call the cops.

hindsight is 20/20.

b16ftw
02-04-2008, 09:23 PM
lol@thisthread

You really think your "friend" is going to shell out a couple thousand dollars from his pocket to fix your car? Unless he calls his insurance and says he hit you in a parking lot and wants to claim it, you're SOL. But given the opportunity, most people will flee from the situation and take it as a change to keep their record clean with their ins. company... i probably would.

i'm glad you think it's funny.

and actually i'm not expecting that kind of money from him.

i know very well that i'm lucky to get any money since i didn't file it.

HeLLo iM iZzY
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
LOL @ the irony.

"Im just thankful no one was hurt"

Couple of posts down..."****tt atleast the title was clean, but my im hurting though"

LOL !

cactusEG
02-04-2008, 09:34 PM
damn ! ! at least ur still alive...

d16_turbo
02-04-2008, 10:14 PM
im parting out a 95 coupe if you need a new seatbelt or anything else

Doppelgänger
02-05-2008, 07:51 AM
i'm glad you think it's funny.

and actually i'm not expecting that kind of money from him.

i know very well that i'm lucky to get any money since i didn't file it.

Have you even bothered to ask this "friend" if he will still try to claim it on his ins.? It wouldn't be terribly hard to. If he is worried about getting a ticket, then go to a private parking lot (Mall, shopping center, TacoBell) and then call the police to make a accident report. The police can't give moving violations (they can for reckless driving, but not a minor M.V.) in private parking lots. So then you will have the accident report to take to his insurance.

If you really want to be a ****, you could always file a hit and run. Can you prove it was his car that hit yours (i.e. paint on his bumper from your car and vise-versa)?

Oh, i wasn't lol'ing at you, but more or less other peoples replies :doh:

Jecht
02-05-2008, 08:46 AM
If it has frame damage, instead of selling the car to someone with it damaged, just buy a chassis with nothing on it and swap everything over to it.

fucksohc
02-05-2008, 09:08 AM
sucks man...
sorry to hear that...

osiriskidd
02-05-2008, 09:10 AM
you can still file it with his ins. rates won't go up, but as long as he mans up they'll pay. no police.

Evil Goat
02-05-2008, 09:13 AM
^i was going to say the same thing, minor accident, just get his insurance info and give them a call

Got Milk?
02-05-2008, 09:42 AM
well i would do the same thing if it was my friend. You cant buy real friends, but u can always buy a bumper.

Evil Goat
02-05-2008, 10:13 AM
real friends would man up and offer to call it in on his insurance...or atleast pay for all the damages himself

Got Milk?
02-05-2008, 11:23 PM
real friends would man up and offer to call it in on his insurance...or atleast pay for all the damages himself

Yea true, but i was only applying that to not calling cops. Now if the friends of his is a true friend, than he should pay up for the demages.

87 Turbo II
02-05-2008, 11:41 PM
I have that EXACT same head unit in my Rx-7............ oh yeah and being rear ended sucks.

takume
02-05-2008, 11:53 PM
All you can do now is hope your friend will help u to fix your car. Man, sorry to hear that. Sometime thing happen.

GSRteg®
02-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Good thing is that it can be fixed.

GAtegs
02-06-2008, 02:41 AM
I don't know what the issue is here...you can have it fixed by his insurance with no police involvement...all he needs to do is admit fault. The ONLY real reason that people file a police report when in an accident like this is so that the officer can determine who was at fault for insurance purposes.

Doppelgänger
02-06-2008, 07:40 AM
No, police reports are needed so that if there is any discretion, the insurance companies can look at documentation of what happened to determine if they are really liable or not. Most cases, there is a at fault driver, but not in all or if there are witnesses to say otherwise.

bkwjdm101
02-07-2008, 07:20 PM
wow. dude. I am so happy you called your best friend and told him about it. Wait a moment. You didnt. But I am happy you are ok. : )

.:Stirfry:.
02-07-2008, 10:19 PM
man Wes's car is totaled. the frunt end on his is done for..::..
the car isnt drivable anymore.. err thing up frunt was pushed
back towards the motor::..

b16ftw
02-09-2008, 08:02 PM
man Wes's car is totaled. the frunt end on his is done for..::..
the car isnt drivable anymore.. err thing up frunt was pushed
back towards the motor::..

ohh? well i think insurance is already involved now.

b16ftw
02-09-2008, 08:08 PM
that way his **** will get fixed too.