PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do any volunteering in Atlanta?

Tracy
02-04-2008, 09:15 AM
I was just curious if anyone else here does any volunteering. Currently, I help with a cat shelter. I am looking into helping with homeless children at http://www.atlantachildrensshelter.com If you help anywhere, post up. I am looking for more opportunities.

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I was just curious if anyone else here does any volunteering. Currently, I help with a cat shelter. I am looking into helping with homeless children currently at http://www.atlantachildrensshelter.com If you help anywhere, post up. I am looking for more opportunities.
Very cool tracy we need more people in the world like you.Reps

Scotsman
02-04-2008, 09:22 AM
i'll volunteer to be your love slave for the night:ninja:

1000cckiller
02-04-2008, 09:24 AM
i'll volunteer to be your love slave for the night:ninja:After she pays your pimp, I am waiting

Tracy
02-04-2008, 09:25 AM
I'll take that as a no :)

Scotsman
02-04-2008, 09:26 AM
After she pays your pimp, I am waitingno money involved , i'd do it for free:goodjob:

1000cckiller
02-04-2008, 09:27 AM
no money involved , i'd do it for free:goodjob:Where my powder, I fixing to do a pimp slap drive by.

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Where my powder, I fixing to do a pimp slap drive by.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: I just got my new sig quote.

1000cckiller
02-04-2008, 09:40 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: I just got my new sig quote.dat sh!t is a classic, rep it hard.

Reaper
02-04-2008, 09:42 AM
I was just curious if anyone else here does any volunteering. Currently, I help with a cat shelter. I am looking into helping with homeless children at http://www.atlantachildrensshelter.com If you help anywhere, post up. I am looking for more opportunities.

I used to do some church stuff, like habitat for humanity and what not. But not for a while. Glad to see there are some good people still out there though, reps:goodjob:

On_Her_Face
02-04-2008, 09:43 AM
I used to do some church stuff, like habitat for humanity and what not. But not for a while. Glad to see there are some good people still out there though, reps:goodjob:

whenever i see your name i think of blue oyster cult and think of the damn cowbell in their song "(don't fear) the reaper"

Reaper
02-04-2008, 09:47 AM
whenever i see your name i think of blue oyster cult and think of the damn cowbell in their song "(don't fear) the reaper"

thanks billy lol

On_Her_Face
02-04-2008, 09:51 AM
we still need to play some cod4

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I'm about to play some right now

On_Her_Face
02-04-2008, 09:58 AM
im in class, so i wont be on till later

Reaper
02-04-2008, 10:01 AM
we still need to play some cod4

my gold membership bull**** is up, so i'm waiting to get paid to buy a new one, when I do I'll hit ya up.:goodjob:

VegetaRules
02-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Well, we don't exactly help the kids, but you can come & volunteer for my company Tracy. www.medshare.org (http://www.medshare.org) We take donated medical supplies & sort them for shipping to developing countires.

So basically if you volunteered, you'd be sorting medical items & making them into boxes. If you check the site out you'll see the many countries & hospitals we have helped out.

We are a non-profit, but we aren't a scam. lol:goodjob: ......Vegeta

Tracy
02-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Well, we don't exactly help the kids, but you can come & volunteer for my company Tracy. www.medshare.org (http://www.medshare.org) We take donated medical supplies & sort them for shipping to developing countires.

So basically if you volunteered, you'd be sorting medical items & making them into boxes. If you check the site out you'll see the many countries & hospitals we have helped out.

We are a non-profit, but we aren't a scam. lol:goodjob: ......Vegeta

Oh sweet. In Decatur? Is that by the Golf Course? Is it flexible. I kind of need to come and go as I please. That's the hardest thing I find with volunteering. I have tons of time, it's just sporadic.

1000cckiller
02-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Oh sweet. In Decatur? Is that by the Golf Course? Is it flexible. I kind of need to come and go as I please. That's the hardest thing I find with volunteering. I have tons of time, it's just sporadic.How about helping the youth with me. I like to go speak to kids, about life those bad children need inspiration. I hope to start a youth center in a couple of years.

Tracy
02-04-2008, 10:24 AM
How about helping the youth with me. I like to go speak to kids, about life those bad children need inspiration. I hope to start a youth center in a couple of years.I speak at inner city schools already, but I would love to join you, so let me know when you do it again. That is actually my favorite thing to do. I want to start a non-profit diversity program for minorities and women in motorsports (we should talk about that). I try to teach minorities and women they can become racers, too (not just white men). I bring the cars down to the schools and let the kids get in them. I have also done some stuff with Jermaine Dupree's dad, Michael Mauldin. I would like to do more since the Mauldin thing only happens once a year. I actually did a Mauldin thing with Liz's dad 2 years ago.

1000cckiller
02-04-2008, 10:32 AM
I speak at inner city schools already, but I would love to join you, so let me know when you do it again. That is actually my favorite thing to do. I want to start a non-profit diversity program for minorities and women in motorsports (we should talk about that). I try to teach minorities and women they can become racers, too (not just white men). I bring the cars down to the schools and let the kids get in them. I have also done some stuff with Jermaine Dupree's dad, Michael Mauldin. I would like to do more since the Mauldin thing only happens once a year. I actually did a Mauldin thing with Liz's dad 2 years ago.we lets try to do something. I will find out about the next one, and I will send you details.

Tracy
02-04-2008, 10:40 AM
we lets try to do something. I will find out about the next one, and I will send you details.cool

GIXXERDK
02-04-2008, 10:42 AM
I been with Hands on Atlanta for 2 years now

quickdodgeŽ
02-04-2008, 10:44 AM

This is just a publicity stunt. Later, QD.

VegetaRules
02-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I been with Hands on Atlanta for 2 years now

Hands on Atlanta is a regular volunteer group at my job. Yes Tracy we are in Decatur & yes it is very flexible, we even do weekend groups. I work M-F and we usually have volunteer groups Tuesday-Sunday, with just a couple of mentally challenged regular groups that come in on Mondays.

We also do a surgical steel sort where you'd just be putting instruments into pouches. So it wouldn't be anything strenuous....Vegeta

isa2o3
02-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Hands on Atlanta is a regular volunteer group at my job. Yes Tracy we are in Decatur & yes it is very flexible, we even do weekend groups. I work M-F and we usually have volunteer groups Tuesday-Sunday, with just a couple of mentally challenged regular groups that come in on Mondays.

We also do a surgical steel sort where you'd just be putting instruments into pouches. So it wouldn't be anything strenuous....Vegeta

i did some volunteer work in for a clas at gsu through them. it was kool.

BuBBa DRiFT
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
i occasionally stop by schools in college park and help out with the kindergarteners and 1st graders, a lot of the crazy kids learn better from someone who isnt their teacher. i originally did it through my church for some community service hours back when i was in trouble with the law, but i enjoyed it and continue to do it.

Tracy
02-04-2008, 01:52 PM
i occasionally stop by schools in college park and help out with the kindergarteners and 1st graders, a lot of the crazy kids learn better from someone who isnt their teacher. i originally did it through my church for some community service hours back when i was in trouble with the law, but i enjoyed it and continue to do it.

How do I get into that?

BuBBa DRiFT
02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
hold on, its Parkview Elementary ill see if i can find the info, they email me occasionally

SicStang03
02-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Hmm.. community service??

Sledlude
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
call up grady. they need all the help they can get! If you go to the website you can fill out an app and they'll e-mail you back to set something up. I have volunteered there in the past (infectious disease unit) and its some shyt to see. I jsut don't really have the time anymore.

quickdodgeŽ
02-04-2008, 05:42 PM

Bullshiit. Remember? You're afraid of College Park. Later, QD.

Sledlude
02-04-2008, 07:32 PM
lmfao!! maybe that's just after dark.

Tracy
02-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks peeps. Maybe I'll see some of y'all out doin' the thang.

Batlground
02-06-2008, 10:57 AM
you should help my mom with her 5th grade class, i bet you would have a good time

Tracy
02-06-2008, 11:04 AM
you should help my mom with her 5th grade class, i bet you would have a good timeO0o0o0o can you do that? She lives in PTC, though...right?

Batlground
02-06-2008, 11:23 AM
yeah but you dont have to do it everyday. I think you and my mom would get along.

She is a teacher and they are always looking for help, or class helpers, etc.

They are looking for subs alot too, you dont even need a degree right now they are desperate

Tracy
02-06-2008, 11:25 AM
yeah but you dont have to do it everyday. I think you and my mom would get along.

She is a teacher and they are always looking for help, or class helpers, etc.

They are looking for subs alot too, you dont even need a degree right now they are desperate

Cool, well ask her about it. How far is PTC :???:

When I was in college you needed 30 hours to sub. I have like 28 I think :)

Batlground
02-06-2008, 11:29 AM
ill talk to her today im sure, shes been calling an checking up

d993s
02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
I help curious hot young girls with various things. No charge.
Aren't I a great guy? Yes I am!

chnco
02-06-2008, 05:00 PM
I do community service but generally it is ordered by a judge

Max_nino
02-06-2008, 05:05 PM
me too i do every it weekend in dekalb county . its called dekalb beautiful or something . its fun you just walk like 6 miles picking up trash

I do community service but generally it is ordered by a judge

Tracy
02-06-2008, 06:44 PM
I help curious hot young girls with various things. No charge.
Aren't I a great guy? Yes I am!YOU are NOT a great guy! You are CRAZY! :crazy:

Leadfoot_mf
02-07-2008, 05:38 PM
http://homelesspets.com/ i started working her for community service i keep working there because of the hot bitches that work there. and i dont mean dogs.

redrumracer
02-07-2008, 06:23 PM

so you help the hopeless pussy :lmfao: :lmfao:

but na i used to be a volunteer firefighter back in SC for like 4 years as well as a fire marshall. does that count