PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods what should i do?

killerdx
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
iv got a jdm b16, intake,header,full exhaust ,and chipped comp., What should i do next. i was thinkin bout an msd igniton, and intake manifold, and some gsr cams, If i get a intake manifold which would be tha best to get for my setup

all-mota
02-04-2008, 06:41 AM
i would just save money and get some good cams then a intake manifold and throttlebody. the oem ingition works fine until around 500hp so it would be a waste of money to get it. i wouldn't mess with the gsr cams either, to me they aren't worth the effort for the 3 or 4 hp they give you. just remember the head is where the power is made the bottom end just pumps the air.

killerdx
02-04-2008, 08:50 AM
cool, so a blox intake manifold be a waste for now? And what type of cam and valve train set up has proven to be the best for a b16

smote
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
What type of header do you have? If it is a DC or something like that I would pick up one of those rage headers from Mike a Batlground. If you have a decent header then pick up some ITR or bigger cams. Do not waste your time with GSR cams. The MSD will give you a couple of horsepower but you will be replacing your ignitor soon

all-mota
02-04-2008, 05:44 PM
cool, so a blox intake manifold be a waste for now? And what type of cam and valve train set up has proven to be the best for a b16

the blox is fine so is a type r or skunk2 pro series but just make sure you upgrade the throttle body or the manifold gain will be minimal and pick up some snk2 stg 2's or bc4's rm m22x's or a cam of that size

killerdx
02-05-2008, 03:39 PM
well iv been thinkin and checkin sum stuff out, i think im going to get the blox intake manifold, a type r throttle body,the hytech header,skunk2 stage 1's,and super tech dual valve springs and retainers, then go get it tuned

Tech5
02-05-2008, 04:02 PM
x2...if you get any cams, get 01 Type R cams, remember to replace the exhaust valve springs with type r also.....If I do anything to your car, is BOOST IT!!!
i would just save money and get some good cams then a intake manifold and throttlebody. the oem ingition works fine until around 500hp so it would be a waste of money to get it. i wouldn't mess with the gsr cams either, to me they aren't worth the effort for the 3 or 4 hp they give you. just remember the head is where the power is made the bottom end just pumps the air.

Batlground
02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
buy a header from me of course :)

Skunk2 Stage 1 cams (you can use stock valvetrain)
SKunk2 Pro Intake manifold

TUNE TUNE TUNE

killerdx
02-05-2008, 08:14 PM
buy a header from me of course :)

Skunk2 Stage 1 cams (you can use stock valvetrain)
SKunk2 Pro Intake manifold

TUNE TUNE TUNE

well how much for tha header, and tuning

Batlground
02-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Header is here:
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159935
Tuning is $140 an hour unless you buy an ecu from us then you get 10% off

all-mota
02-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Header is here:
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159935