PDA

View Full Version : Misc Belichick FTL

LQQKITZME
02-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Discuss

As the final second ticked off the clock on Super Bowl XLII, Bill Belichick was already off the field.

Admittedly, the game was effectively over. New York simply had to kneel on the ball one time to officially put the upset onto the Wikipedia page, but it's still poor form that the head coach of the losing team couldn't be bothered to wait out the final snap.

Obviously Bill Belichick doesn't care what I, the media, or even every fan in America thinks. He does things his own way, which means lots of wins and also Spygate. But if Patriots fans sometimes wonder why Belichick is the NFL's most hated coach, it's the little touches like leaving the field, even though he knew there was still one play to be played, that stick in everyone else's mind. When Randy Moss did the same thing a couple of years ago, he was rightfully castigated. It's 10 times worse for the head coach to do it.

At least according to the ESPNews broadcast of the postgame press conference, no one asked Belichick about leaving the field (or about SpyGate II). Because of the logistics of covering the Super Bowl, most of the media members in the press conference probably never saw that Belichick had left before the game was over--they were either making their way down to the press conference area or were standing in a hallway waiting for the interviews. So maybe that's why no one asked, or maybe it was because Belichick's glare made it look like he would rip the head off of any reporter with the temerity to ask such a question.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/03/belichick-should-have-stayed-on-the-field/?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Link

TheGodfather
02-03-2008, 11:32 PM
**** Bill Belicheck, hes a ****ing piece of sh1t poorsport who deserves to loser.

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Who cares? The game was over he wanted to forego the last second and so did the head coach of the Giants which is why they met on the field. It was the NFL that wanted the last official play.

TheGodfather
02-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Who cares? The game was over he wanted to forego the last second and so did the head coach of the Giants which is why they met on the field. It was the NFL that wanted the last official play.

Any other coach would have stayed out there.

Face it, he's a biatch. A poor loser, and a little baby.

LQQKITZME
02-04-2008, 12:23 AM

Damn looks like your feelings got hurt that the pats lost, heh how do you think Tommy boy felt after being so smug for the past few weeks, until that defence :idb: ed him

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Damn looks like your feelings got hurt that the pats lost, heh how do you think Tommy boy felt after being so smug for the past few weeks, until that defence :idb: ed him
nope feelings aren't hurt. The game was great like I said in the other thread the giants figured out how to win. The eagles are responsible for laying the foundation on how they played the game. Tom brady didn't seem very smug to me in the press confrence after the game.

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Any other coach would have stayed out there.

Face it, he's a biatch. A poor loser, and a little baby.
Idk about any other coach would have stayed out there to watch the other team celebrate a win after they went 18-1

LQQKITZME
02-04-2008, 12:40 AM
When Randy Moss did the same thing a couple of years ago, he was rightfully castigated

Is the Point... He is supposed to set the standard... Hince the word "Head" in head coach

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 12:44 AM
When Randy Moss did the same thing a couple of years ago, he was rightfully castigated

Is the Point... He is supposed to set the standard... Hince the word "Head" in head coach
Your right but did you notice that he was not the only one that left because it took a good couple of minutes to get the D line on the field cause there was confusion over whether there had to be that last play. See what I'm saying no disrespect or anything just trying to point out some stuff/

LQQKITZME
02-04-2008, 01:00 AM
look at the picture in the article. he was the only one walking out.

TheGodfather
02-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Idk about any other coach would have stayed out there to watch the other team celebrate a win after they went 18-1

:idb: :idb:

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 01:11 AM
look at the picture in the article. he was the only one walking out.
thats a narrow shot that focusses on only one person. In the wide shot from on the field there were a lot of people headed for the tunnel

TheGodfather
02-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Any coach with class would have stayed.

He's a classless bastard and a poor sport.

**** that ******* and his lack of integrity and/or personality and his stupid cut off sweater.

LQQKITZME
02-04-2008, 10:04 AM
nope feelings aren't hurt. The game was great like I said in the other thread the giants figured out how to win. The eagles are responsible for laying the foundation on how they played the game. Tom brady didn't seem very smug to me in the press confrence after the game.

Yeah after the game he got knocked back down to reality...

if they werent cocky then why produce a book 19-0

Link
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/01/29/book_commemorating_patriots_19_0_season_already_fo r_pre_sale/

and Patriots apply for trademarks on 19-0

link
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Patriots-apply-for-trademarks-on-19-0?urn=nfl,64855

Sammich
02-04-2008, 10:08 AM
from a neutral stand point...they were having issues with the clock..at first they ran it down..then they put it back up to two seconds..then it fluxuated for like 10 secs til they settled there was one second left...so belichick running on the field..was understandable..he wanted to give the giants coach a 'job well-done' and get off the field and not suck up their lime light...whats so wrong with that?

LQQKITZME
02-04-2008, 10:10 AM
the article said he was off the feild not on the feild... I didn't write the article just posted it.. but it states that he stormed off the feild before the game ended...

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah after the game he got knocked back down to reality...

if they werent cocky then why produce a book 19-0

Link
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/01/29/book_commemorating_patriots_19_0_season_already_fo r_pre_sale/

and Patriots apply for trademarks on 19-0

link
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Patriots-apply-for-trademarks-on-19-0?urn=nfl,64855
I don't think he ever thought he was untouch able. And the reason for that is for the same reason they make winning merchandise for both teams

nreggie454
02-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Any honorable coach will tell you that you play until the clock reads "00:00." Why couldn't he have waited the final second? Why not go to the locker room as a team instead of leaving his defense on the field?

Lame.

Not to mention the fact that Moss and a decent amount of other Pats players slid so they wouldn't get tackled :gay:

R3RUN
02-04-2008, 01:00 PM
This thread makes me happy, the first thing I thought of when Belichick started walking off the field was that I was correct in thinking he was an *******. Hell, the defense was there, they knew one last play had to be done, why couldn't he be there?

Sammich
02-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Any honorable coach will tell you that you play until the clock reads "00:00." Why couldn't he have waited the final second? Why not go to the locker room as a team instead of leaving his defense on the field?

o0o0o0o0o0 my fault...i didnt pay attn to that

LQQKITZME
02-04-2008, 02:57 PM
he was the one that stated all season "play the full 60 mins", he was only there for 59 mins