PDA

View Full Version : 94 civic z6 vtec...oil pan gasket?

dumpdaccord
02-03-2008, 08:57 PM
long story short, i had to change the pan. i cleaned the old gasket off and and put on the new one. i put silicone between the pan and gasket. wiped off the bottom of the block with a ragg and reassembled it. now its pissin oil closer to the flywheel side of the block right over the exhaust. it didnt leak t all for the first day and then all of a sudden just pisin oil.

what did i do wrong or what did i not do?

and how do i fix? i know ive gota tear it down again but do i have to buy another gasket and.....:thinking:

green91
02-03-2008, 08:59 PM
they are very particular about not needing to be tightened much. also is it possible that you've got a rear main seal leaking?

dumpdaccord
02-03-2008, 09:05 PM
they are very particular about not needing to be tightened much. also is it possible that you've got a rear main seal leaking?

FUJK:( .... the bolts were really loose and i thought that was part of the problem causin for it leakin so i tighten the **** outta them when i put it back on....when i pulled that lil flywheel cover some liquid came out but it wasnt tranny or engineoil...it was kinda in betwen like the two mixed:thinking: ... there wasnt much back there though...maybe enough to fill 3 oil bottl caps...

green91
02-03-2008, 09:25 PM
yea they are very easy to overtighten. if you see the gasket start to squish out at all then you've already overtightened them. i use a 12" 1/4drive extension and ratchet to tighten them and its just snug.

dumpdaccord
02-03-2008, 09:27 PM
yea they are very easy to overtighten. if you see the gasket start to squish out at all then you've already overtightened them. i use a 12" 1/4drive extension and ratchet to tighten them and its just snug.

do i need a new gasket or doi just loosen it up and retighten?

green91
02-03-2008, 09:27 PM
dont feel so bad ive seen alot of experienced guys make the same mistake that arent used to hondas lol.

green91
02-03-2008, 09:28 PM
do i need a new gasket or doi just loosen it up and retighten?

eh you may get lucky and can loosen them up and just snug them back but likely its already deformed the gasket and needs replacing

Tech5
02-03-2008, 09:36 PM
OK>>>>> If you take the oilpan down did you look at the new gasket,,,,where the holes are in the gasket they have like washers built into the gasket when you take the oilpan down an rip it off the block the washer type stays on the block so when you install the new one, it has double washer on one or two studs, there for making it piss out oil...to fix you have to take it back down, then look on the studs of the block , I bet you will see silcone over the stud then, that little washer deal........Done it as My rookie days!! it happens!!!

dumpdaccord
02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
OK>>>>> If you take the oilpan down did you look at the new gasket,,,,where the holes are in the gasket they have like washers built into the gasket when you take the oilpan down an rip it off the block the washer type stays on the block so when you install the new one, it has double washer on one or two studs, there for making it piss out oil...to fix you have to take it back down, then look on the studs of the block , I bet you will see silcone over the stud then, that little washer deal........Done it as My rookie days!! it happens!!!

i had to razor blade and sandpaper the old gasket off....tiik like 2hours in the dark:no:...when i was done it was clean though....

dumpdaccord
02-03-2008, 09:46 PM
eh you may get lucky and can loosen them up and just snug them back but likely its already deformed the gasket and needs replacingso if i tghtened the hell outta them then 99% chance i just gotta go get a new one right?

Tech5
02-03-2008, 10:11 PM
am not talking about the gasket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i had to razor blade and sandpaper the old gasket off....tiik like 2hours in the dark:no:...when i was done it was clean though....

Tech5
02-03-2008, 10:12 PM
the washers stays on the stud an onlything you will see if you not looking hard is just some silicone on the studs, you have to get all the silocone off to see the washers,

dumpdaccord
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
the washers stays on the stud an onlything you will see if you not looking hard is just some silicone on the studs, you have to get all the silocone off to see the washers,

i think i know what ur talkin about.....

the car in your sig.....did u cut off the exhaust? u own a ford lightin? stkbr...

Tech5
02-03-2008, 10:38 PM
i did yea own a lightning red, , now my exhaust isnt cut off, its a Borla 5' tips ,,, i took the mufflers out though if that is what your asking

dumpdaccord
02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
i know you from the muffler shop....your car looked familiar....not sure if im gettin u mixed with some one else...work of rck qury......anywa...

im gonna drop the pan in the mornin and take pics...hopefully somebody can confirm what im doin wrong.

Tech5
02-03-2008, 10:47 PM
You got me right am the loud ass car, lol,,,,, yeah chris did it for me, an I worked off red oak which is off rockquarry rd

Tech5
02-03-2008, 10:49 PM
you got to take it down, an take all the silcone off the studds, on the stud will be a small washer .take it off problem fixed,,,, also if you look at your old gasket you should have altleast one washer still in the gasket, look at the holes in the gaskets an its shiny gold, you cant really miss them if you look carefully,

GSRtegŪ
02-03-2008, 10:53 PM
long story short, i had to change the pan. i cleaned the old gasket off and and put on the new one. i put silicone between the pan and gasket. wiped off the bottom of the block with a ragg and reassembled it. now its pissin oil closer to the flywheel side of the block right over the exhaust. it didnt leak t all for the first day and then all of a sudden just pisin oil.

what did i do wrong or what did i not do?

and how do i fix? i know ive gota tear it down again but do i have to buy another gasket and.....:thinking:

Same **** is hapening to me man I hope its not the rear main seal and just the oil gasket.

5spdfrk
02-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Those nuts/bolts are only supposed to be torqued to 8 ft/lbs iirc. Also, listen to what JoshuaASE is saying, because sometimes when you take the pan off the little crush washers built into the gasket will rip out of the gasket and stay on the studs that are on the block.

Good luck.

Tech5
02-03-2008, 11:27 PM
that is what I been saying, but knowone listens to me:thinking:
Those nuts/bolts are only supposed to be torqued to 8 ft/lbs iirc. Also, listen to what JoshuaASE is saying, because sometimes when you take the pan off the little crush washers built into the gasket will rip out of the gasket and stay on the studs that are on the block.

Good luck.

GSRtegŪ
02-03-2008, 11:43 PM
that is what I been saying, but knowone listens to me:thinking:

I do lol :goodjob:

Tech5
02-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks GSRTeg,,,,,,,Hey Dump what you drive, an work, I think your that blk guy that I helped if not mistaking ? Florida tag

dumpdaccord
02-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Thanks GSRTeg,,,,,,,Hey Dump what you drive, an work, I think your that blk guy that I helped if not mistaking ? Florida tag

howd u guess....lol...i guess theres only one raggedy accord in the area.lol.

got rid of the accord and got a civic and a odyssey....civic needs timing belt and water pump so ill be seein you soon....

Tech5
02-04-2008, 10:37 AM
let me know, I dont work there anymore so just hit me up hee anytime, later
howd u guess....lol...i guess theres only one raggedy accord in the area.lol.

got rid of the accord and got a civic and a odyssey....civic needs timing belt and water pump so ill be seein you soon....

dumpdaccord
02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
let me know, I dont work there anymore so just hit me up hee anytime, later

i got the gasket...how much youd charge if you did it?

i pull everything apart (if u want) and u just put on the pan. i can put the simple stuff bac. dont know if youd be interested in that?

dumpdaccord
02-09-2008, 07:59 PM
alright...i bought another gasket and i put it in.black sealer between block and gasket and pan. i and tightened not much. did not see any extra washers.

i gave it 2hours to dry before driving.....drove about 3-4miles shifting at 5k rpm and came back to the house and as i look under the car theres about 4-5 drops in a lil puddle. then it s moking cuz its droppin on the exhaust....

i dont really understand what i did wrong? i took my tme with evrything.....

Tech5
02-10-2008, 12:08 AM
then might be the rear main seal, oil preasure switch ,vtec solenoid ,distrubtor O ring, Headgasket,etc

dumpdaccord
02-10-2008, 09:01 AM
then might be the rear main seal, oil preasure switch ,vtec solenoid ,distrubtor O ring, Headgasket,etc

pm me a price on much youd charge because im almost certain its the pan gasket.....ill check over the othere stuff but...

when i pulled the cover for the flywheel, which is between the oil pan and tranny, no oil came out

not distributor oring cuz i cleaned the motor and u can see clearly no oil coming from that area....

not HG either although i think something might be up with it...

im tired of tearin it apart and not fixin the prob. lmk how much?:(

rickylsi
02-10-2008, 09:22 AM
When i put my oil pan gasket on the carton to the gasket said do not use any sealers on it. Mine been fine for about a year!!