PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Painting

sleepys4
02-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Does any one know any website that have a step by step process on painting a motorcycle. I have searched the web have come up with very few results. I am trying to repaint my r6. Trying ti figure out when to sand when not to etc. Any help would be appreciated.

THATdude
02-04-2008, 04:12 PM
just let bucky paint it will be easier:goodjob:

EJ25RUN
02-04-2008, 04:15 PM
just let bucky paint it will be easier:goodjob:

not to post whore but can you guys all the way as to replicating Repsol Honda's Motogp paintjob?

THATdude
02-04-2008, 04:28 PM
im sure it can be done for if your willing to pay for the service.

EJ25RUN
02-04-2008, 04:47 PM
ic thanx

David88vert
02-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Yes, it can be done. A friend of mine's shop has done a lot of top notch race replicas over the years, and I am confident that Bucky could do it as well.

carbon_crash
02-04-2008, 08:47 PM
The Bucky will do it right man!!

THATdude
02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
lovin the new name B:goodjob:

Enjoi_yo
02-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I would recommend letting a professional painter do it. I tried to paint my old bike before I wrecked it and I wished I would've let someone who knew what they were doing do it.

Princess12
02-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Another rep for Bucky. He does awesome work, and it is well worth it.

Tarzanman
02-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Its a pain in the ass to do it correctly. Besides purchasing and mixing the correct paints and hardeners, you'll need masks and decent compressors (some suck). There is also the prep work (cleaning, sanding), the actual painting (then more sanding), the layering, etc etc etc....

Bear in mind that all of this is in addition to knowing wtf you are doing (translation: even with all the right stuff you might still screw it up).

Its not that painting itself is difficult... it is just a labor intensive job that takes time and effort/experience to do it satisfactorily.

I would only considering doing it if you plan to start doing it as a hobby or side business or something (or have a friend with stuff who can help you learn). Its not worth the effort for a once-in-a-while thing like a bike.

kainkauz
02-28-2008, 09:30 PM
just get some paint and a brush and throw the brush away and throw the bucket of paint on the bike and let dry... lol

ALVIN
03-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Bucky can deff do it...it can even go along the lines with the real thing because I own a vinyl plotter in his shop that way all stickers can be reproduced to a replica standard.

ueyedgr8tness
03-23-2008, 11:28 PM
I promise u..U do not want to try it.It is alot of work and alot of time wasted when you really dont no what u doing.And if it aint done prepd right once u put the paint on it all the imperfections will show up and then u will want to strip it back down believe me i done been thrue it i didnt even get to the paint process cause all the stuff showed up when i put the primer on :(

Cool Cat Racing
03-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Sadly if you screw it up you have to mechanically strip it since chemicals will eat the plastic too. I'd just pay someone to do it right and you will never question the results. If you do it yourself you won't be happy with the results, especially after you spent so much to get the equipment and time put into it.