PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods H2B v.s b18c specR (argue it up in here) ..

SE-Rious©
02-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Ok ok ..

well on a current thread there seems to be an argument starting,So I figured I'd make a thread just so we can argue about just which is better and so people would stop jacking my threads hahahaha !

anything positive or negative can be posted .. we all want to get this settled some how.

Jdm typeS spec h22
B18c SpecR transmission

V.S.

Jdm 1998 B18c specR
SpecR transmission

each engine i would say in a 1992 cx hatchback ? or whatever chassis you want ?
both motors stock no bolt ons no nothing,I'd say both cars running slicks ?.
whats your opinions ? post and let us know what you think.let us argue it up !:goodjob:

SE-Rious©
02-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I'll start .. .. .. ..

H2B

b17a1db2
02-02-2008, 09:03 PM
I say the H22A Type-S w/ the 4.785 FD Spec-R Transmission.. 10 more Horse, and 33 more Torque.. Is a good bit.. But that's my Vote..

SE-Rious©
02-02-2008, 09:08 PM
I say the H22A Type-S w/ the 4.785 FD Spec-R Transmission.. 10 more Horse, and 33 more Torque.. Is a good bit.. But that's my Vote..
:welcome: Vote MrvData for president.

Batlground
02-02-2008, 10:33 PM
all things being equal the H22 will prevail. TQ is what wins races.

Now, if the H22 had a H or F trans on it, the B will kill it all day long. The B gearing is vastly superior to the H22

SE-Rious©
02-03-2008, 11:13 AM
all things being equal the H22 will prevail. TQ is what wins races.

Now, if the H22 had a H or F trans on it, the B will kill it all day long. The B gearing is vastly superior to the H22

exactly using the h22 trans is basically putting a ls on a b18cR .. it just seems down right wrong.

thanks for the input .. maybe soon us H2B guys can post our kills and see some more from the b18cR guys as well.
none of this is about anyone hating the b18cR i love the engine.:D
I know the b18cR is a great engine,but it isn't the only Honda engine with potential .. .. .. ..

all-mota
02-04-2008, 06:45 AM
b16 with the h tranny ftmfw

TicketRedBB6
02-04-2008, 07:06 AM
H2b would rape it if chassis/mods were the same for both engines

SE-Rious©
02-04-2008, 11:28 AM
+ 1 for you.

Tech5
02-04-2008, 11:35 AM
H2b babby...Ill show you mines soon lol

SE-Rious©
02-04-2008, 11:47 AM

:thinking: huh ?

JDMJAYDC2
02-04-2008, 12:34 PM
:thinking: huh ?

go easy on the noob:yes:

SE-Rious©
02-04-2008, 01:31 PM

:goodjob: i guess hahaahaa

MistaCee
02-04-2008, 01:50 PM
H2B FTW! Saving up for one with a b16 tranny as we speak. The power of the H22 with the shifting capablities of the B-series tranny:goodjob:

smote
02-04-2008, 03:54 PM
H2B just seems kinda ghetto, all the cutting and grinding and frame beating. I like my cars to be nice and clean. If you are going for all out performance (which is not the case if you are comparing stock for stock) obviously the H22 will be better. If you are going to build both motors then there is no reason to not go with the lighter b series.

VTECxRoCKz
02-04-2008, 03:59 PM
i aint beat my frame in.

smote
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
on some chassis it is necessary or running a race pulley which some say will shorten the longevity of the motor

bigdare23
02-04-2008, 04:09 PM

you're calling him a noob, but look at his sig....

Nang
02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
h22 is not all that heavier then a b-series. so weight shouldn't be no issue.

no 'race pulley' is used either, shaved down oem pulley that have been balanced.

IntegraXTR
02-04-2008, 04:31 PM
H2B just seems kinda ghetto, all the cutting and grinding and frame beating. I like my cars to be nice and clean. If you are going for all out performance (which is not the case if you are comparing stock for stock) obviously the H22 will be better. If you are going to build both motors then there is no reason to not go with the lighter b series.

you sir have no idea what you're talking about. First of all, H motors are only a little bit heavier than B-series. Second, depending on what kit you get (evolution or QSD) you will have to do the necessary mods. The QSD kit would require a little grinding of the BACK of the block where the intermediate shaft is. No one can see that anyway so technically that would be CLEAN.

Also, if you was to build both motors, the H2B would STILL DOMINATE all damn day. I know for a fact that a b18c/c5 with bolt ons would still lose to a stock h2b in the same chassis.

IntegraXTR
02-04-2008, 04:32 PM
on some chassis it is necessary or running a race pulley which some say will shorten the longevity of the motor

ummm no.....

SE-Rious©
02-04-2008, 05:06 PM
ummm no.....

I agree,this is a myth .. :yes: I've kown many engines with such items and never effected the life of the engine.

smote
02-04-2008, 05:24 PM
notice I said "some say will shorten the longevity of the motor"

all-mota
02-04-2008, 05:29 PM
you're calling him a noob, but look at his sig....

it's ok i'm a noob i stole that pic from someone else.

the b16 thing was a joke obviously, either way you look at it stock for stock the h will prevail and yes the swap has some stuff that some people wouldn't want to do to complete the swap. after it's all said and done the engine is incredibly close to the hood which requires you to relocate the map sensor in some cases and clearancing the framerail for the crank pulley or grinding the crank pulley down. you also have to remove some of the fittings in the intake manifold or turn them because they are close to the firewall and the grinding of the block. just small stuff some people don't want to go through the trouble of doing.

the pro's weigh out the con's ofcourse but some people aren't willing to go through the trouble if they plan on building the engine when th b series is equally capable of making around the same power

IntegraXTR
02-04-2008, 05:37 PM
just get some washers/spacers and that should give you hood clearance.

all-mota
02-04-2008, 05:38 PM
ummm no.....

ummmm yes.

any engine internally balanced or not has harmonics obviously running back and forth down the reciprocating mass and even the clutch. in some cases the damage may not be noticible because it's only slight damage to the bearings but over time it's doing damage. in most cases joe blow blows up his super fast stock gsr with the race pulley before the use of the pulley takes out the engine or bearings itself. so the answer is yes they do damage but is it enough damage the kill the engine in a short period of time no..

Nang
02-04-2008, 06:34 PM
it's ok i'm a noob i stole that pic from someone else.

the b16 thing was a joke obviously, either way you look at it stock for stock the h will prevail and yes the swap has some stuff that some people wouldn't want to do to complete the swap. after it's all said and done the engine is incredibly close to the hood which requires you to relocate the map sensor in some cases and clearancing the framerail for the crank pulley or grinding the crank pulley down. you also have to remove some of the fittings in the intake manifold or turn them because they are close to the firewall and the grinding of the block. just small stuff some people don't want to go through the trouble of doing.

the pro's weigh out the con's ofcourse but some people aren't willing to go through the trouble if they plan on building the engine when th b series is equally capable of making around the same power

map sensor you can relocate, or use a TB where its not on top.

of course the crank pulley is gonna sit close to the frame because you added a adapter plate and the transmission doesn't move and stay in the same spot. you can pull the balance shaft gears from the rear and front and you would still have clearence and wouldn't have to massage the frame. different case for EF, DA though.

you do not have to add a fitting or turn them at all, thats only if you use the Euro-R maniifold. there is plenty of clearance between the intake manifold and firewall.

if each motor are equally build, H2B will still prevail.

all-mota
02-04-2008, 07:28 PM
yes i forgot to mention the euro r was the one you needed to do that for.

JDMirza
02-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Rofl.

bRiAnMcIvIcS
02-04-2008, 11:08 PM
B18C5! Less work.:goodjob:

-S Double C-
02-05-2008, 02:12 AM
go read on honda-tech theres not enough people on here who know about the h2b swaps. I can say this my UNTUNED H2B swap pulled 4 cars on a TUNED JDM ITR swaped crx and that car weighed at least 400-500 less.

SE-Rious©
02-05-2008, 08:07 AM
B18C5! Less work.:goodjob:

H2B/typeR tranny ! more fun :goodjob:

Batlground
02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
i dont think there are enough people locally with track times to really say that the h2b is really "better"

as far as the arguement, you are comparing a 2.2l engine to a 1.8. This is like comparing a K20A2 to a B16.

The H22 has a great flowing head compared to the B series. Its a vastly bigger displacement engine, it can handle 9000rpms like its B counterpart.

I mean, of course if all things are equal itll make more power an more TQ=faster.

DUH :)

SE-Rious©
02-05-2008, 12:31 PM
i dont think there are enough people locally with track times to really say that the h2b is really "better"

as far as the arguement, you are comparing a 2.2l engine to a 1.8. This is like comparing a K20A2 to a B16.

The H22 has a great flowing head compared to the B series. Its a vastly bigger displacement engine, it can handle 9000rpms like its B counterpart.

I mean, of course if all things are equal itll make more power an more TQ=faster.

DUH :)

:goodjob: thank you .. .. .. ..

Tech5
02-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Agree ..^^^^^^ the H isa cheaper fast route then buying a K series....But K will all ways be the KING stock vs stock!!!

SE-Rious©
02-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Agree ..^^^^^^ the H isa cheaper fast route then buying a K series....But K will all ways be the KING stock vs stock!!!

I think h2b vs k20 both stock would be a good run.and the k-series is not the king .. any Honda engine could be better than the other.it all depends.

VTECxRoCKz
02-06-2008, 10:44 AM
lets see some videos guys all this talk but never put to the test find some videos and post the link

VTECxRoCKz
02-06-2008, 10:47 AM
this aint h2b but **** its h22 vs type r and look who gets the half a car start =P
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iKFCaKKJruo

SE-Rious©
02-06-2008, 11:04 AM
this aint h2b but **** its h22 vs type r and look who gets the half a car start =P
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iKFCaKKJruo

:screwy: you cannot even compair a h22 to the h2b it's completely different.
and we do not need videos of some dumba**'s who do not know what they are talking about or even doing it seems .. nice try anyways.

SE-Rious©
02-06-2008, 11:15 AM
lets see some videos guys all this talk but never put to the test find some videos and post the link

We do not need videos to prove it.anyone who knows that 2 chassis equal to each other,equal drivers etc .. etc .. the one with more hp and trq will win.

I love the B18cR,but then again it isn't the "king" of Honda engines.im not claiming the h22 is king,just know the capabilities of both engines are great.the H2B set-up is just a killer combo all that hp/trq stock with a LSD shortgear tranny is a monster .. .. .. .. for example if you had a b18cR with a Ls tranny then drop the typeR tranny back on it will be hell of alot better OF COURSE ! (this was an example,PLEASE noone use a Ls transmission on the b18cR) :screwy:

h22 tranny seems to have a not so great gear ratio,after swapping a better tranny with LSD it just makes things better :D

K20Z1
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
2jz

4DrTeg
02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
lol