PDA

View Full Version : Misc Muslim?

Hulud
08-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Do we have any muslims here?
I just wanted to find out more about their religion, so if there are muslims here come and talk with me.

O and thanks for making a forum for this stuff! :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
08-06-2005, 02:23 PM
I'm not, but I've read the Watch Tower before. Later, QD.

Hulud
08-06-2005, 03:28 PM
and?

RandomGuy
08-06-2005, 08:26 PM
I am... wasup? I'm not a super-knowledgeable one but I may be able to tell you some stuff ;)

The Yousef
08-07-2005, 02:50 PM
I am... wasup? I'm not a super-knowledgeable one but I may be able to tell you some stuff ;)

ditto...

quickdodgeŽ
08-07-2005, 03:04 PM
King Elli, I see you got my little tad of humor. Lolol. Later, QD.

SaraX5
08-08-2005, 12:47 AM
i'm muslim too..... what do u wanna know? if you wanna know ALL about islam thatll take 4-ever. but start out with some specific questions

Hulud
08-08-2005, 07:18 AM
nah i was wondering like what are the main points (i guess?) of being muslim?

Like you know christianity your SUPPOSED to turn the other cheek type of thing, believe in god, believe that jesus was the son of god, not judge people cause that is gods job, you know that type of thing.

AtifSajid
08-08-2005, 11:15 AM
The beliefs of Muslims are:

- There is only one God(Allah) the unknown Almighty being he has no sons/daughters nothing. He is the one and only.

- Muslims pray 5 times a day. Before sunrise-noon-midday-sunset-night. These can get real deep when explaining why/how. So we will keep it at that. These are mandatory prayers. All Muslims must pray.

- We believe in the Quran(100%) We believe in the other Holy books also because they were all brought down to us through Angel Gabriel to different prophets.

- We believe that Jesus was a great prophet - but we only believe him as a prophet - just like all the other prophets.

- We believe that Prophet Mohammad was the last prophet sent to the earth, and he was the greatest of the prophets. More to it then that..again this would be a long subject to explain why.

- We believe in Abraham, Jesus, Moses, Isaac..the list goes on, they were all prophets.

- Judging is left up to God. We should not judge people at all, because we do not know what is actually in there hearts, or what God thinks about them. That is what Islam teaches.

There are many more things that can be touched upon. These are some basic principles that I could think of at the moment.

- We read the Quran, which is written in Arabic, and Arabic only. If you find an all English translated Quran. It probably not Authentic. All Qurans that are translated have the Arabic writing on one side and the "Old english" writing on the other.

HyPer50
08-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Ignorant question... but I guess this is the right place for it.. What is the difference between Muslim and Islam? Like I said, I'm sure this is ignorant question and I'm not even positive if Islam is even a religion.. so no need to bash, just curious.

quickdodgeŽ
08-08-2005, 01:03 PM
^^^ How is that an ignorant question? If you don't know and honestly want to know, that's not ignorance. To me, that's commendable. Later, QD.

MSTANGSALEEN
08-08-2005, 02:53 PM
What religion is it that the terroist that started 9/11 beleive in. I was reading the only one that survived and one of the intergaters asked him why does he think his god wants him to kill people. So sad he belives that, just my opinion.

Hulud
08-08-2005, 09:02 PM
this thread has nothing to do with terrorists.

technoteg97
08-08-2005, 09:06 PM
go read the quran book..the english verison..great help.

ruah_23
08-09-2005, 01:53 AM
Ignorant question... but I guess this is the right place for it.. What is the difference between Muslim and Islam? .

Muslim is a person who beleive in Islam just like we call someone a Christian because he/she beleive in Christianity.

xechno
08-09-2005, 12:03 PM
I am muslim also... Heck there are quite a few of us on this board....
SaraX5... Female? If so... How you doin ;)

The Yousef
08-09-2005, 06:05 PM
The beliefs of Muslims are:

- There is only one God(Allah) the unknown Almighty being he has no sons/daughters nothing. He is the one and only.

- Muslims pray 5 times a day. Before sunrise-noon-midday-sunset-night. These can get real deep when explaining why/how. So we will keep it at that. These are mandatory prayers. All Muslims must pray.

- We believe in the Quran(100%) We believe in the other Holy books also because they were all brought down to us through Angel Gabriel to different prophets.

- We believe that Jesus was a great prophet - but we only believe him as a prophet - just like all the other prophets.

- We believe that Prophet Mohammad was the last prophet sent to the earth, and he was the greatest of the prophets. More to it then that..again this would be a long subject to explain why.

- We believe in Abraham, Jesus, Moses, Isaac..the list goes on, they were all prophets.

- Judging is left up to God. We should not judge people at all, because we do not know what is actually in there hearts, or what God thinks about them. That is what Islam teaches.

There are many more things that can be touched upon. These are some basic principles that I could think of at the moment.

- We read the Quran, which is written in Arabic, and Arabic only. If you find an all English translated Quran. It probably not Authentic. All Qurans that are translated have the Arabic writing on one side and the "Old english" writing on the other.

well said bro :goodjob:

yousef

technoteg97
08-09-2005, 09:38 PM
oo..wow..Hey Whuddup, Im Paki..not afraid to say it. yes niggahz. =) Im muslim Islam- Sunni.

SaraX5
08-10-2005, 01:21 AM
atifsajid definitely said it well.
and Xechno-- yes i am female and a shi'ite muslim. There are quite a few muslims here thats awesome.
Hey Hulud---- I have written a few papers on Islam and a paper on the what the differences are between shi'ite and sunni Muslims. I can email it to u if u want to read them. or i can give u some legit websites that explain islam.

AtifSajid
08-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Hey sara..email me that [email protected]

I want to read it.

InfiniDG355
08-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey Atif, can you forward me a copy when you get one, of course if that's ok with Sara??

The Yousef
08-10-2005, 03:22 PM
Hey Atif, can you forward me a copy when you get one, of course if that's ok with Sara??

ditto... :)

AtifSajid
08-10-2005, 09:45 PM
NO..aint none of you all getting a copy.

ruah_23
08-10-2005, 11:40 PM
atifsajid definitely said it well.
and Xechno-- yes i am female and a shi'ite muslim. There are quite a few muslims here thats awesome.
Hey Hulud---- I have written a few papers on Islam and a paper on the what the differences are between shi'ite and sunni Muslims. I can email it to u if u want to read them. or i can give u some legit websites that explain islam.

E-mail me!
I want it1!
[email protected]

AtifSajid
08-11-2005, 12:32 PM
She never sent it. I havent seen her on though..

umairejaz
08-20-2005, 02:35 PM
i'm mulsim as well and i know a few of the basics but as a human i can make mistakes.

There are five pillars in islam, pillars that hold up the religion and must be carried out by anyone who is willing to make the sacrifice to god. These include and are in respected order

1. Declaration of faith that there is one god and profit Muhammad (ppoh) is the last messenger
2. Prayer, yes five times a day as mentioned above
3. Giving to the needy (Zakat)
4. Fasting during the respected month for purification of oneself
5. Pilgrimige to the holly land, Makkah. This must be done at least once in your lifetime

These are all REQUIRMENTS for all muslims...

Any other questions ill be more then happy to help.