PDA

View Full Version : My car got raped by a car wash

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 01:19 PM
I had my day all planned out today. I got up my dad got a plan chartered for birmingham for work and he needed to log some hours and I figured I would go hang out with my old Scion club and help them work on some cars. So I got up and cleaned out my car and went to a bp where they had a drive thru car wash. now normally i don't use them cause I like doing it myself but since I was short on time i figured I would just run it through there. So i go pay for the car wash get it washed and head toward the interstate which is 100 yards from there. as I get on the road i hear this grinding noise and i'm like the **** and when i got on the on ramp I knew what it was I had a flat. So i get to the end of the on ramp and pull off. I go to ull my jack and **** out and guess what? It wasn't in there luckily my girl was in the area so she came and let me use her **** to change my tire. While i'm waiting for her I get out and inspect it and there is a white mark on the sidewall from where the tire scraped up against the guides in the car wash. she shows up i pull the tire off and look at the inside of it and breathe a sigh of relief. it looked like it had just come dismounted so i was like ok cool no biggie. so i go to the goodyear place near my house and take it to them and they throw it on their machine and it wouldn't inflate. turns out my wheel is cracked and bent and is basically garbage now. Morally of the story don't go through drive thru car washes. Tryin to figure out what to do I guess I gotta call and see if they will work somethin out with me. I went back by there and they have a sign that says no dualies and lower your antenna but nothing saying their not responsible for damdge. so............

The Ninja
02-02-2008, 01:24 PM
BWUAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Damn...you should have taken a picture of your face and posted it so I could laugh at it.

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I really don't know what to do though. I did have the look of satan on my face when i saw my flat.

On_Her_Face
02-02-2008, 01:39 PM
i think you might be sol my friend

edit: i will never take my car to a drive through car wash, my rears are 19x11 (not sure if it would even fit) and there have been certain times when vipers/corvettes get their frame bent and back glass shattered

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 01:43 PM
i think you might be sol my friend

edit: i will never take my car to a drive through car wash, my rears are 19x11 (not sure if it would even fit) and there have been certain times when vipers/corvettes get their frame bent and back glass shattered
yea your probably right I'm trying to get a hold of the place now but I've only got 205 tires

Crazy Asian
02-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Never ever take any high end exotics or what not through a drive through. Period. If your a stickler on perfection detail you should know this. I hate those drive thru car washes. If it was a daily driver meh but if I had a corvette or bmw 6 series those I would only get hand detailed. Period.

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 01:46 PM
i just called them and there wont be a manger there till monday

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Never ever take any high end exotics or what not through a drive through. Period. If your a stickler on perfection detail you should know this. I hate those drive thru car washes. If it was a daily driver meh but if I had a corvette or bmw 6 series those I would only get hand detailed. Period.
i am stickler on perfection but i was in a hurry and it needed to be washed but I won't be doing that ever again

ironchef
02-02-2008, 01:48 PM
Maybe there was some prior wheel damage before, and it was magnified by the wheel guides, you never know. I've taken plenty of cars through the drive through wash, never had a problem.

On_Her_Face
02-02-2008, 01:54 PM

yep.. this is what happened to a viper after a car wash

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 02:02 PM
Maybe there was some prior wheel damage before, and it was magnified by the wheel guides, you never know. I've taken plenty of cars through the drive through wash, never had a problem.
there was a bend in the rim but it wasn't that bad. Like I said I called them and I won't hear anything back until Monday. i'm gonna order a new one tommorow. Found one on ebay for $175 but I still gotta get it repainted and the tire mounted and balenced once I do this.

EJ25RUN
02-02-2008, 02:05 PM
you should always hand wash your car!

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/car_20wash.jpeg

JITB
02-02-2008, 02:16 PM
u might be able to find some decent wheels for the price of getting that wheel or jstu put some money with it.. `

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 02:21 PM
well I'm not paying for it my dad is so i'm trying to keep the cost down. I don't like having to ask him for money or creating bills like this as he has enough on his plate between his business and my mom and trying to get the house furnished.

JITB
02-02-2008, 02:30 PM
i mean if u can find a whole new set for a reasonable price 200-300$ for a used set, im sure he would understand.. 175$ for a oem wheel is crazy.

Elbow
02-02-2008, 02:34 PM
I used to work at a drive through car wash here in Athens called Wash Me...DO NOT go there.

We had many issues, and the owner rarely would take ANY responsibility or even try to help. The brushes in the wash would also freeze, and they would run the wash anyway, I saw scratches, flats, etc. Not to mention automatic washes just don't clean a car nearly as well.

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 02:37 PM
I used to work at a drive through car wash here in Athens called Wash Me...DO NOT go there.

We had many issues, and the owner rarely would take ANY responsibility or even try to help. The brushes in the wash would also freeze, and they would run the wash anyway, I saw scratches, flats, etc. Not to mention automatic washes just don't clean a car nearly as well.
damn. well I'm gonna hope for the best. i hope to hear from the guy on monday I gotta pm bucky and see how much it's gonna cost for me to get the wheel painted. If the guy will reimburse my dad for the wheel and paint I would be happy. The tire guy said the tire looked like it was still ok

Crazy Asian
02-02-2008, 02:38 PM
sorry bucky busy next week painting my bumper. Come back next month. LOLOLOL I hope you get that **** fixed soon.

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 02:48 PM
sorry bucky busy next week painting my bumper. Come back next month. LOLOLOL I hope you get that **** fixed soon.
:2up:

hondachik
02-02-2008, 02:59 PM
good luck on getting them to pay for it and sorry that happened.

hopefully they won't turn the tables and blame it on something that was at your own fault...

besides the fact my car scrubs and is too low for those fast washes & the acid in their wash isn't safe for my rims....hand cleaning your car is best. even if u did need a quick detail...Meguiars Quick Detailer works:goodjob:

AnthonyF
02-02-2008, 03:22 PM
touchless car washes or DIY. I go to a touchless one every now and then just to clean the underside.

Leadfoot_mf
02-02-2008, 04:14 PM
you should of spent the day learning english and how to ****ing write that is unintelligible.

Z0_o6
02-02-2008, 04:20 PM

that is definately a mighty high end and exotic eclipse...:lmfao:

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 04:20 PM
you should of spent the day learning english and how to ****ing write that is unintelligible.
sorry xbox and IA don't mix.

Hey check out my other thread I figure if anyone can help me it's you.

On_Her_Face
02-02-2008, 04:22 PM
that is definately a mighty high end and exotic eclipse...:lmfao:

i think he was refering to my corvette/viper comment, even though they are not that high end vehicles

AlanŽ
02-02-2008, 04:24 PM
i think he was refering to my corvette/viper comment, even though they are not that high end vehicles
lol

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Well after not hearing from them all afternoon I decided to call them. From the word go the guy was all standoffish. He reffered me to their insurance company and asked that I send him pics of the damdge. I guess we will see how this goes.

Kyle
02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Hhahaha. I love it. This is this second story of home made time attack wheels being ruined in the past week. I think its a sign.

MistaCee
02-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Self car washes FTW

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Self car washes FTW
:yes: :goodjob:

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Hhahaha. I love it. This is this second story of home made time attack wheels being ruined in the past week. I think its a sign.
So your basically calling Bucky's work homemade :thinking: :goodjob:

SicStang03
02-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Wash your own ****ing car!!!

On_Her_Face
02-04-2008, 02:23 PM

na, he's just saying they arn't real TAs in a mean way :lmao:

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Wash your own ****ing car!!!
I will never do it again. Trust me. I normally wash my own car was just in a hurry and this is what happened

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
then the word he needed to use was knock off

Sammich
02-04-2008, 02:41 PM
did you drive in straight?

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 02:41 PM
did you drive in straight?
nah man you should have seen it. It was like Tokyo Drift but in a FWD Eclipse in the middle of bumblef*ck Georgia. **** was insane. LOL.

Sammich
02-04-2008, 02:46 PM
LOLz

Kyle
02-04-2008, 03:02 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p137/kharman3/banghead.gif
You are stupid. I won't bother explaining it to you, eventually you may understand. The guy who does my paint work time attacked some wheels and I still call them homemade.

:goodjob:

then the word he needed to use was knock off
No.

R3RUN
02-04-2008, 03:52 PM
Yea, they are just everyday vehicles that everyone can afford, nothing special. :rolleyes:

Nismo
02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Im kinda curious how the carwash managed to break your wheel. I think your SOL.

tluve69
02-04-2008, 05:45 PM
good luck man

AlanŽ
02-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Im kinda curious how the carwash managed to break your wheel. I think your SOL.
hey man idk but it was fine when I went in but ****ed when i came out

Blitanicle99
02-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Ha, atleast they let you in the car washes. The usually kick me out for being too muddy. Thats the only time Ill actually wash it lol.
I actually have ruined a drive through machine. It was the first time it ran a vehicle through and I told the guy everyone else told me no and he said it was fine. I let a friend run it through for no reason, and the building had glass on all sides...
Nevertheless you could no longer see through the windows because of all the mud and the pumps got clogged immediately. Screw you BP!