PDA

View Full Version : What makes Mexico a race?? *clean debate*

Doppelgänger
02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
So on another forum, someone used the word "mexicans" and was later edited by a mod and we were all told that no racial comments were allowed.

It got me thinking...

Exactly what part of "mexicans" is racist? Yeah, it is a country and all, but how is being called what country your from, a race?

Does that make Americans a race? Canadians? French? If i called you a "stupid *insert country here*" , does that make me 'racist'?

I understand that to have a race, the people have to be diverse from another group of people. There are similar groups, like asians (Chinese/Japanese). So what seems to be the real "race" to people from Mexico?

**This is a question on diversity and where people come from, not what makes good or bad people... or anything such. Keep it clean guys.

*impending "plane on a treadmill" type debate*

Hulud
02-01-2008, 01:08 PM
mexican is a nationality

hispanic is the race

MistaCee
02-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Mexicans is definatly not a race

Doppelgänger
02-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Well, im not the one saying that "mexican" is a race. lol

It seems that a lot of people think that saying "*explative*mexicans" means you're being racist. So what better thing to do to learn then start a open discussion :)

1000cckiller
02-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Mexicans is definatly not a racex2

Psycho
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Mexican can't be a race, because they are sub-humans.

thinkfast®
02-01-2008, 01:15 PM
that was ignorant homey, dont be an ignorant your whole life

thinkfast®
02-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Mexican isnt a race, its like saying someone is American, German, Irish, etc..

The mod was just doing his job ese

Doppelgänger
02-01-2008, 01:16 PM
....and Ricky is his own race lol.

Sup foo?

Revmaynard
02-01-2008, 01:17 PM
The US made up the term ''hispanics''.

Doppelgänger
02-01-2008, 01:19 PM

Obviously the mod is uneducated to think that "mexican" is a race. But it occurred to me that a LOT of people make this mistake and conceive 'mexican' as 'racist'. A little clarity to the uneducated never hurts....most of the time.

Revmaynard
02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Official definitions

During the 1970s, the United States Government defined the term "Hispanic" to identify Latin American individuals, and their descendants, living in the U.S., regardless of race.

The ethnic label Hispanic was the result of efforts by a New Mexican U.S. Senator, Joseph Montoya, who wanted a label that could be used to quantify the Spanish-speaking population for the US Census. The label Hispanic was chosen in part because in New Mexico, people of Spanish descent such as Montoya referred to themselves as Hispanos which was anglicized as "Hispanic".

The U.S. Office of Management and Budget currently defines "Hispanic or Latino" as "a person of Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race".

DieselNuts
02-01-2008, 01:20 PM

How was he doing his job? You just contradicted yourself. You say Mexican isnt a race, but you say the mod is doing his job by saying that calling someone mexican is racist... :thinking:

thinkfast®
02-01-2008, 01:22 PM
SORRY I CAME IN HERE W/O CAPS HOMEY, MY BAD

YEA HISPANICS WAS MADE UP BY WHOEVER MAKES THOSE JOB APPS, WE ARE NOT HISPANICS ITS "LATINOS"

thinkfast®
02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
How was he doing his job? You just contradicted yourself. You say Mexican isnt a race, but you say the mod is doing his job by saying that calling someone mexican is racist... :thinking:

I DIDNT SAY HE WAS RIGHT OR WRONG HOMEY, DONT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. ALL I SAID WAS HE WAS DOING WHAT HE THOUGHT WAS RIGHT, LEAVE IT AT THAT.

NEXT ?

Psycho
02-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Racism is a broad term which can be extended to individual countries and nationalities. So saying "F*cking Limeys (British)" could be coined as racism... Unless it's toward sub-humans, then accusations of racism is null and void.

DieselNuts
02-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I didnt put words in your mouth. The Mod said it was racist. You said he was doing his job, plain and simple. Refer back to post 13.

I couldnt care less either way, but I think the only time calling someone mexican is racist is when that person really isnt mexican.

thinkfast®
02-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I didnt put words in your mouth. The Mod said it was racist. You said he was doing his job, plain and simple. Refer back to post 13.

I couldnt care less either way, but I think the only time calling someone mexican is racist is when that person really isnt mexican.

YOU CARE ENOUGH TO REPLY TO MY POST - TWICE. WHETHER OR NOT ITS RIGHT IS BESIDES THE POINT, ITS HIS JOB AS A MODERATOR TO REMOVE IT IF HE DEEMS ITS OFFENSIVE - SO YOUR POINT IS NULL.

THINKFAST, 923,689,725,896,672
IA, 6.5

DieselNuts
02-01-2008, 02:03 PM
WHETHER OR NOT ITS RIGHT IS BESIDES THE POINT

WTF are you talking about? Thats the reason this thread was made. The mod thought it was racist and this is a debate of wether or not it is in fact racist.

HachiDori
02-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Well Mike, I guess we can prove your not racist cause you hang out with me? or atleast when we call eachother...ahem..lol Calling someone a stupid mexican, stupid cracker, stupid **** whatever doesnt make you racist...your just trying to hurt them...imo

BKgen®
02-01-2008, 02:08 PM
There's actually no such thing as race. Nat. Geographic did a study on lineage (the Genographic project) and we all came from the same damn place (around Africa). Peoples' skin color changed and they adapted because of the environment that they migrated to. So there's no such thing as race -- just ethnicity.

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/atlas.html

RACISE idiots.

TheGodfather
02-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Mexican is just another word for criminal.

1000cckiller
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Mexican is just another word for criminal.Cracker is another word for the devil.

DieselNuts
02-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Mexican is just another word for criminal.
LIRL!!!

Cracker is another word for the devil.
not just devil, but White Devil. Get it right...

1000cckiller
02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
LIRL!!!

not just devil, but White Devil. Get it right... :lmfao: :screwy:

BobbyFresco
02-01-2008, 03:47 PM
There's actually no such thing as race. Nat. Geographic did a study on lineage (the Genographic project) and we all came from the same damn place (around Africa). Peoples' skin color changed and they adapted because of the environment that they migrated to. So there's no such thing as race -- just ethnicity.

https://www3.nationalgeographic.com/genographic/atlas.html

RACISE idiots.

X2....:goodjob:

I may be wrong but wasn't the whole idea of " races" introduced by a Nazi or German scientist to fit their agenda at the time?

and secondly, to the person in the thread who said that mexicans aren't a race but hispanics are, you are wrong.....

There are only 3 recognized " races" : mongoloid, negroid, and caucasoid....
Everything else falls under ethnicities and cultures...

ATK_Designs
02-01-2008, 05:56 PM
That's not RACIST. That's STEREOTYPE.

People often mistook RACIST for STEREOTYPE.

However, RACIST people often mistook NATIONALITY for RACE.

[use of CAP = Emphasize the difference]

TheGodfather
02-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Hey, they call em stereotypes, but they are usually true.

Yall black folk love your friend chicken.
The chinese folk can't drive.
The jews whine and are cheap.
Etc.

White people are sucessful and well to do. :)

redrumracer
02-01-2008, 07:03 PM
caucozoid, mongoloid, negroid, those are the "races" the rest are just ethnic groups

BobbyFresco
02-01-2008, 07:52 PM
caucozoid, mongoloid, negroid, those are the "races" the rest are just ethnic groups

Repost..I already said that.............:goodjob:

DieselNuts
02-01-2008, 08:36 PM
lol, ive heard of mongoloid, but ive never known what it is.

BKgen®
02-01-2008, 08:37 PM
X2....:goodjob:

I may be wrong but wasn't the whole idea of " races" introduced by a Nazi or German scientist to fit their agenda at the time?

and secondly, to the person in the thread who said that mexicans aren't a race but hispanics are, you are wrong.....

There are only 3 recognized " races" : mongoloid, negroid, and caucasoid....
Everything else falls under ethnicities and cultures...

I'd say back in the 17/1800's for slaves brought over from Africa and before that.

Lucky.
02-01-2008, 08:39 PM

The chinese folk can't drive.
Etc.

White people are lazy fatasses. :)

haha j/k

ahmonrah
02-01-2008, 08:41 PM
LIRL!!!

not just devil, but White Devil. Get it right...
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u304/karynne_bucket/tattoo.jpg

gotcha......:goodjob:

Psycho
02-02-2008, 02:28 AM
Mexican can't be a race, because they are sub-humans.
Evidently this comment pissed some people off. Negative rep, oh god, the world is coming to an end.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

RISKYB
02-02-2008, 10:39 AM
intresting debate

1000cckiller
02-02-2008, 10:47 AM

The chinese folk and white folk can't drive.
Etc.
Crackers have small wennies.
White people are sucessful and well to do. :)fixed

HachiDori
02-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Evidently this comment pissed some people off. Negative rep, oh god, the world is coming to an end.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I'm Truly Deeply Crying Inside cause theres alittle red box in my repz...Ooohnzzz noes!!! hahahah

Is that what you wanted to hear?

cactusEG
02-02-2008, 12:11 PM

I dont think it racist. But its annoying and Disrespectful, when americans call every one who speaks spanish a "mexican"...

81911SC
02-02-2008, 12:21 PM
I dont think it racist. But its annoying and Disrespectful, when americans call every one who speaks spanish a "mexican"...
Mexican.

Psycho
02-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm Truly Deeply Crying Inside cause theres alittle red box in my repz...Ooohnzzz noes!!! hahahah

Is that what you wanted to hear?

:yes:

HachiDori
02-02-2008, 03:18 PM
:yes:

Good, I'm happy when your happy...honey..lol hahahahahahaha