PDA

View Full Version : Question on purchase of 2008 Honda Fit for a friend?

EJ25RUN
02-01-2008, 11:00 AM
A friend of mine is in the market for a Honda fit and my usual experience in buying a car is you negotiate down from MSRP... but after checking Carsdirect it shows that the best price is $500 over MSRP... im guessing Hondas dont let you get down to invoice which is what im used to paying for a car?

civic95
02-01-2008, 11:46 AM
A few months ago they were sold before they hit the lot at most dealers. So it's going to be hard to get one for under invoice. If you do they will make it back with destination, ext warranty, or financing so becareful. I would consider a civic. They are only a couple thousand more, and the real world gas mileage is about the same.

EJ25RUN
02-01-2008, 11:48 AM
A few months ago they were sold before they hit the lot at most dealers. So it's going to be hard to get one for under invoice. If you do they will make it back with destination, ext warranty, or financing so becareful.

i usually shop everyone online, i havnt started yet but it seems Honda is a bit different when it comes to this.

civic95
02-01-2008, 11:52 AM
i usually shop everyone online, i havnt started yet but it seems Honda is a bit different when it comes to this.

Yeah, it depends on the dealer. They never replied to me when I asked for a quote for a specific car. I have read posts where some people actually play the dealers on each other sending them another dealers online quote. I was going to try that tatic, but never got one quote from any of them.

EJ25RUN
02-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Yeah, it depends on the dealer. They never replied to me when I asked for a quote for a specific car. I have read posts where some people actually play the dealers on each other sending them another dealers online quote. I was going to try that tatic, but never got one quote from any of them.

wow... i wonder if thats how the save profit?