PDA

View Full Version : Misc whats up with all this gangsta rap ****

dLux636
01-31-2008, 05:34 PM
seriously all i hear now is gangsta rap. its all about selling the work on the streets and having a gun, stuff like that. iam missing the old school outkast, or some older jay z. i hope this trend in rap music does not last long, gorilla zoe and all those rap artist's suck.

uproot
01-31-2008, 05:38 PM
i dont think gangsta rap is a recent trend, lol... and im sure you could find more artists like outkast and jay z... just look beyond whats currently played on the radio...

redpanda
01-31-2008, 05:43 PM
qft. too many mainstream wack ass wanna-be rappers and their "cool" dances and beats. there are a few who still hold it down..Lupe Fiasco, Atmosphere, Jedi Mind Tricks..ect..but they're mostly underground

dLux636
01-31-2008, 05:48 PM
everything new is mostly lame gangsta rap. no flow, i blame more the producers, record labels than artists. iam missing the more chilled back really good flow rap. where the lyrics actually mix in with the beats. a lot of the newer rap lacks that

GaGen2Teg
01-31-2008, 05:52 PM
qft. too many mainstream wack ass wanna-be rappers and their "cool" dances and beats. there are a few who still hold it down..Lupe Fiasco, Atmosphere, Jedi Mind Tricks..ect..but they're mostly underground

one of my personal favs. reppin that MN son!
check out evidence and this guy chris mann from minnesota youll need a myspace. hes mad sick. Haystak is pretty good

redpanda
01-31-2008, 05:53 PM
check out evidence and this guy chris mann from minnesota youll need a myspace. hes mad sick. Haystak is pretty good

I'll be sure to check them out. thanks

dLux636
01-31-2008, 05:55 PM

iam about to check them out.

quickdodgeŽ
01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
seriously all i hear now is gangsta rap. its all about selling the work on the streets and having a gun, stuff like that. iam missing the old school outkast, or some older jay z. i hope this trend in rap music does not last long, gorilla zoe and all those rap artist's suck.

Lolol @ Gay Z and Outkast being old school.

But I completely agree with the post(aside from the ill-informed old school groups you mentioned). Later, QD.

EG6
01-31-2008, 06:20 PM
he never said jay-z was old school; he said older jay-z.

quickdodgeŽ
01-31-2008, 06:28 PM
he never said jay-z was old school; he said older jay-z.

Who cares? Not even older Gay Z compares to good, REAL old school hip hop.

But I shan't make any more postsin this thread. I'll let the people that "know" all about rap have this one. Later, QD.

OneSlow5pt0
01-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Who cares? Not even older Gay Z compares to good, REAL old school hip hop.

But I shan't make any more postsin this thread. I'll let the people that "know" all about rap have this one. Later, QD.

NWA:goodjob:

bigdare23
01-31-2008, 07:17 PM
hiphop is dead

ShooterMcGavin
01-31-2008, 09:56 PM
find a new radio station?

3.5altman
01-31-2008, 11:18 PM
old school ftw!

DeeAOne
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
NWA:goodjob:
x2. Eazy-E for example..

dLux636
02-01-2008, 01:40 PM
find a new radio station?

yes, my choices are endless. are you kidding me, all the radio stations now are crap. nothing good anymore out there, unless you have XM

quickdodgeŽ
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
nothing good anymore out there, unless you have XM

If you like XM, you should Sirius. Much, much better. Later, QD.

Schugg
02-01-2008, 05:00 PM
seriously all i hear now is gangsta rap. its all about selling the work on the streets and having a gun, stuff like that. iam missing the old school outkast, or some older jay z. i hope this trend in rap music does not last long, gorilla zoe and all those rap artist's, because i suck.

sorry had to fix your typo, happens to the best of noobs

MistaCee
02-01-2008, 06:50 PM
I am also missing the slow chill rap all this gangsta rap is getting real corny

j0natell0
02-01-2008, 06:53 PM
lupe fiasco

quickdodgeŽ
02-01-2008, 07:49 PM
sorry had to fix your typo, happens to the best of noobs

Where was the typo? The way I see it, you made the typo in your editing.

lupe fiasco

Lolol! Later, QD.

Schugg
02-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Where was the typo? The way I see it, you made the typo in your editing.

music changes just like time. if rap would have stayed the same like it was in the "old days" it wouldnt be considered so good by those who still like it. they are not making music for the people who liked rap 10, 15, 20 years ago, they are making it for the people who will like it now. if people didnt like rap the way it is now, it probably wouldnt still be going the direction it is. but there is always going to be the people who like the old rap, and im sure there are still some old school rappers. im not old school so i dont know. im not sticking up for all new gangsta rap, yeah alot if its getting to be stupid, like paul wall. if i knew all it took to be famous was being a fat white guy with a grill i would have done that along time ago.

quickdodgeŽ
02-02-2008, 04:05 AM
if people didnt like rap the way it is now, it probably wouldnt still be going the direction it is.

Lolol. Exactly. The direction it is going now. Downhill and towards it's grave. Because a lot of people do NOT like the way rap is now. Later, QD.

Grimm Reeper
02-02-2008, 07:20 AM
I agree about today's rap music not catching my attention. I found some old OutKast and Goodie Mob and started listening to that again.

DESTRO_91
02-02-2008, 07:23 AM
True x2. I miss the kind of hip-hop that came out 93 through 95. Besides 88, those were the best years.

DESTRO_91
02-02-2008, 07:28 AM
I agree about today's rap music not catching my attention. I found some old OutKast and Goodie Mob and started listening to that again.
Classics. You will never go wrong with Soul Food, ATLiens, Southerplaylistcadillacmuzik, Still Standing, Aquemeni...

xlilvi3tx
02-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Because a lot of people do NOT like the way rap is now. Later, QD.

SUPER TRUTH!!!

rap nowadays is just plain stupid.... i hate the new gangster rap sh!t with a passion! gay ass lil wayne and solja boy. man they are so annoyin. everytime i turn on the radio, gotta be a dumbass song.

EJ25RUN
02-02-2008, 06:20 PM
If you like XM, you should Sirius. Much, much better. Later, QD.

Flashback on sirius :goodjob:

always playin 80's and early 90's

brand Nubian, treacherous three, whodini, all the stuff that made hip hop worth it

only thing left is for super rockin mr magic and marly marl to spin again!

Crazy Asian
02-03-2008, 01:32 PM
dr dre and ice cube is what i mainly listen too. **** super manning the hoe or go kiss kiss or some stupid ****.

TheDarkRacer
02-03-2008, 09:53 PM
i like zoe, and wayne, thats about it with the new stuff...... but agreed. Dance songs/raps suck. they all are lame. jedi mind tricks ftw. good stuff right there. but lil wayne's good stuff is on mix tapes... not the radio...like sky is the limit.

JITB
02-03-2008, 10:01 PM
turn the radio off, and put your old school cds in, and quit complaining..:)

DJ Raijin
02-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Lolol. Exactly. The direction it is going now. Downhill and towards it's grave. Because a lot of people do NOT like the way rap is now. Later, QD.

a more truthful statement has never been spoken on this forum.

Anyone can make a modern rap song. Rip off some house beats, loop it over on itself, say "big booty ho", "escalade on 28s", "bling bling" and spew some catch phrase and you're a millionaire.

These guys do not make music to express any sort of feeling. It's for one thing and one thing only, exploiting your ignorance and stupidity. Oh and lining their pockets with gold.

Originally rap was made to spread the message of life in the hoods and to educate the masses on the dire situations that are faced daily. Now it's just nonsensical gibberish.

I'll stick to reggae thanks:goodjob: