PDA

View Full Version : d15b2 build in hatch

91fourdoor
01-29-2008, 10:53 PM
ok guys i got a couple questions here. i got a 91 hatch. its got a d15b2. im going to put a z6 head on it. how much of a power gain should i expect. i also want to make it mpfi. how would i do that, im also thinking about itb's bc my friend has a shop and is selling me them for really cheap. if i put itb's on it could i still convert it to mpfi. one last question how much whp and torque do you think it will have if i do all of this. thanks

JDM onlyy
01-29-2008, 11:19 PM
You're not gonna get much of a power gain, but you will feel the difference compared to that d15b2. Its gonna feel a lot faster to you because of how slow that thing is.

The mpfi conversion is gonna feel a whole lot better too, more responsive.

For the ITB's you're going to HAVE TO have MPFI for the ITB's.

Got no idea on how much whp and torque its gonna be but very interested on the build I was going the same way before my car got stolen. Keep us updated on how it goes.

JDM onlyy
01-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Oh, for you to make it MPFI, you have to do some wiring, get an MPFI ecu, a MPFI dizzy and a mpfi injectors and resistor box(this is a maybe depending on what kind of injectors you use. like what obd gen.)

MidLifeCrisis
01-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Oh, for you to make it MPFI, you have to do some wiring, get an MPFI ecu, a MPFI dizzy and a mpfi injectors and resistor box(this is a maybe depending on what kind of injectors you use. like what obd gen.)

lol @ you giving people advise.

JDM onlyy
01-30-2008, 11:33 AM
lol @ you giving people advise.

Lol well i didn't wanna sit here and write the whole thing up for him. But I will look up the write up for him. That'd be a lot of writing.

Or you could buy one of the conversion harnesses obd0-obd1 conversion harnesses that come with a dpfi to mpfi conversion. But if you want to wire it yourself then heres a write up.

http://www.geocities.com/teampimports/fuelinj.html

Its not as good as the one I had, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Good luck.

RBS
01-30-2008, 11:35 AM
i hate to say it but with both the vtec head AND itb setup alone... it isnt worth it, for 1. you wont gain that much power with just the vtec head, and 2. ITB's require alot of engine work and tuning to make good power

Elbow
01-30-2008, 11:38 AM
I had a D15B1 with B2 head bored .40 over port and polished, bored tb, header, intake, exhaust, etc once. Ran DPFI.

1SOL2NV
01-30-2008, 05:05 PM
jus get a d16z6 motor ... swap to mpfi ... use your cable tranny .... and put itb's .... LOTS OF WORK !!!! !... jus get the thing boosted if you want a quite noticeable power gain on a d series .. if not ... Go b series like everyone and their grandma's .good luck

91fourdoor
01-30-2008, 10:16 PM
ok thanks guys i appreciate it

khaxnguyen
02-04-2008, 06:15 PM
urgh... i'm just saving to get a DUAL cam. lol

MidLifeCrisis
02-04-2008, 09:19 PM
dude you guys suck. a good driver and a z6 swapped EF with bolt ons is fun stuff. and a SOHC turbo kit is even funner.