PDA

View Full Version : Epic fail...with explanation. Help out if you can?

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 01:59 PM
Sorry this is a little long...but I'd appreciate thoughts, concerns, etc.

Well, gentleman...I'm running out of time and money before I leave to boot. I don't know what all I'll be able to do before I leave...so, yet again, I'm in consideration of selling off all the stuff. You know my basic setups...and situations.

I'm just curious if anyone is interested in buying either one setup whatever way you want it (to an extent).

I'm not looking for this to be, or turn into a for sale thread, but there's a chance I may part out one, or just sell everything as is... I'm not sure, yet, what's gonna happen. All I know is I've got bills to pay, and I still have more money that I have to spend. The side work is gonna run dry, fairly soon, and I can only stick with my temp job for so much longer before I have to leave to get stuff done.

I'm not selling because I'm "giving up." I'm simply looking at it like this. I'll (hopefully/likely) get stationed in Japan, and I can't ship my car there. The ONLY way either or both cars could be progressed is when I come home on vacation time, or leave, or if I pay people here to build. If someone else builds my car, I won't truly feel that the car is "mine," anymore. And when I come home from working on aircrafts for my vacation, the LAST thing I wanna do is probably gonna be work on a car. In addition, we've all discussed that owning a car like this takes dedication and loyalty with it's maintenance and age. I can't offer my car that for the term of my contract unless I get stationed in the US...which I'm trying to NOT do.

So...with the above being stated, my best ideas that I've come with are to get myself a new/slightly used fairly nice car or truck that'll allow me to haul all my crap, and get relatively decent gas mileage, and haul people and such. I also don't wanna have to worry about emissions, and it's also gotta be reliable...and I'm probably gonna get something I won't get tickets in, anymore. So...my smartest move would probably be to sell off the stuff i won't need/use, and get something different/new and fills all my needs.

My preference? To keep the projects rolling, and preferably to someone who'll take care of them and continue out the projects. Who knows, maybe I'll buy it back when I come home...unless of course they fall in love with 'em like I have. I'd also PREFER for the cars to be kept in the squad, or at least somewhere I can keep an eye on 'em. Else...I may part out the primered one and sell all the pieces to the squad to promote OTHER people's projects. Or...sell one of the cars with as many things as the buyer wants, and part out the rest of the stuff...

Yeah, I don't know what I'm gonna do yet...any thoughts, concerns, ideas...?

blaknoize
01-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Well to completely be off topic. U can store one of them at my residence. I may even garage or cover it, if u cant seem to sell anything.
U kno my ass if broke, so I cant really buy anything from u. Just to let u know. The other alternative (for the one that runs) is to store it up here, yea yea, and I'll just tag it for u for 1 year, then let the tag expire (love Ohio cuz u dont have to have insurance if u dont drive it) and I'll just change the oil and things like that.
I wont add anything to it, but it will be as is as u left it, if its up here.

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Not helpful. I've got places to store both vehicles...but it's unhealthy for a car to sit for more than 2weeks without being driven for 30minutes. My dad's the only one in the family that knows how to drive my car. The new car will be more manageable for me to keep at my house, and for my mom to drive to work every blue moon.

Not to mention, I don't wanna see these cars sit. That's how projects end before completion, and how cars are found beneath 3ft of uncut grass in someone's back yard...which is how I found the primered car when I first bought her.

LIKEG6
01-29-2008, 02:11 PM
If I wasn't goin like you then I would buy one from you

My goal is somethin RHD :ninja:

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM
LoL, the cars I'm more specifically looking at and limiting myself to are...

One dealer that I do business with has an:
05 Altima SE-R
05 F150
06 Titan
05 G35

Another one has:
05 Frontier

Other vehicles I'm looking at are the:
Tacoma
Tundra
Ram (but not too much...only a little interest)
3-series or an older M3

bad about trucks is gas mileage...but bad about cars is more limited space for cargo and people.

Papa_Smurf
01-29-2008, 02:37 PM
i say part it :) there's sum stuff i want off your primered hatch.

....to be honest, i've been eye balling those z3 fenders for quite some time :ninja:

:lmfao: haha, but to be honest, i'm sure there are a few things i could use from your hatch's. i understand your position, and it sucks, but you gotta do wut you gotta do.

Our little Ben is becomming a man! :D

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
More than a man, good friend...

Papa_Smurf
01-29-2008, 03:03 PM
haha, well, you're not man enough to pm me back :doh:

lol i'm assuming thats cause ur getting out of the game, no need to get other parts...?

well Ben, i'll buy your dash from you and give you mine to put back in your car if you would like...you said ur hurtin for money, so i'll try to help ya out :goodjob:

and those wheels you got....might those be up for sale too? :D

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 03:07 PM
If I part out, everything is for sale individually...or packages...

If there's parting out, I'll be personally taking my car to the crusher to see her crushed myself. I'm really preferring that someone take over the projects as is...I wanna see my dreams come to streets with these cars, even if in the eyes of another.

Papa_Smurf
01-29-2008, 03:17 PM
i hear ya bro... well, a dash for a dash plus a little bit of cash... :) haha!

well, just LMK wut you decide to do, because you know interested in sum stuff, namly the dash, wheels and those sexy seats!

not to mention the fenders...

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 03:33 PM
...are you serious about the fenders? Cuz I'll probably give those away, LoL. Or if you wanted to trade, consider them yours.

Well...trade dash for dash would leave you with the job...time is a factor. :p Remember? Unless of course pay makes it worth my time...IF parting it out is the case that goes down.

Papa_Smurf
01-29-2008, 05:04 PM
lolol i was DEFFFFFFFINATLY joking about the fenders, hahaha

yea, i'd pay you for the labor on swapping the dash's bro...i figured that'd be best, since you've done it wut... 3 times?

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 05:06 PM
What EF project have I NOT done three times...?

imbosile
01-29-2008, 05:11 PM
do you have pics or anything of the cars you are talking about, because you are making it sound like they are classic Ferrari's or something

just curious

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 05:30 PM
LoL, the main market I'm looking to sell to knows what they look like...

One is primered with gutted interior, for the most part.

The other is completely stripped, right now, and has almost a completely smooth body ever since the body work was done.

JDMJAYDC2
01-29-2008, 05:36 PM
current DD

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc146/JDMJAYDC2/DSC00324.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc146/JDMJAYDC2/DSC00328.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc146/JDMJAYDC2/DSC00331.jpg
project hatch
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc146/JDMJAYDC2/DSC00116.jpg

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc146/JDMJAYDC2/DSC00117.jpg

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Thanks, Jermaine...

The project hatch had dents that you can see in the picture. All have been repaired professionally, and the car is about to be primered. For additional $$, I'd paint that one to suit.

JDMJAYDC2
01-29-2008, 05:42 PM
as stated by ben this pics were taken a while ago i havent seen the car in some time but i know it IS DENT FREE as i watched them go over the car with a fine tooth comb!!!

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 05:46 PM
I don't know why he wants to say I'm making it sound like a ferrari.

I think ANYONE who's into cars has a close attachment to their first car. And to be a loyal EF owner...there's ALOT of attachment. It may not be a ferrari...but it was MY little ferrari :goodjob:

The gray one is pretty much flawless once it gets paint thrown over it (which...again...I can get a damn good job for a damn good price) and she's re-assembled. It'd be PERFECT for someone wanting to restore one from the ground up, or make a "mint" one.

**shrugs** I love the cars...especially my DD. But, if I have to do it, I have to do it. They're EF's. It takes a special bond to want one of these things.

JDMJAYDC2
01-29-2008, 05:48 PM
give it to hardman or sell it to him incase you didnt think about that option

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 05:49 PM
We'll talk about that option later...

He doesn't have a true love for the EF

slow_hatch
01-29-2008, 06:39 PM
We need some ballpark figures to go off of. The cars the way they are now.

EvasiveEF9
01-29-2008, 06:40 PM
That's something I'd have to think about..but this thread isn't meant to be a for sale thread...

blaknoize
01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
I've always wanted to kno what ur tag meant.

As for that, it was just an option. I kinda figured u wouldnt want it to just sit around... I just wouldnt feel right driving someone elses car that has so much history.

I kno u dont want blackasscheeks fartin around in ur car.

Scotsman
01-30-2008, 11:05 AM
joker , let one go to me for the low low , so i can step back up in the EF game!

EvasiveEF9
01-30-2008, 02:55 PM
I've always wanted to kno what ur tag meant.

As for that, it was just an option. I kinda figured u wouldnt want it to just sit around... I just wouldnt feel right driving someone elses car that has so much history.

I kno u dont want blackasscheeks fartin around in ur car.
I'mma come out and admit to something...

When I (to an extent) helped Dare in bringing together and trying to get the EF Squad active and up on the roads, I was very skeptical of the idea. Why? Not gonna lie...racism. The area I grew up in is minimal in population that ISN'T white (this goes for EVERY race). They say racism isn't born...it's learned. Well...I was easily persuaded by the thoughts of those around me. So...I ended up being rather (but not by any means "full blown") racist. But...Dare shared a common interest, so I figured what the hell. I ended up becoming really involved in the EF Squad, and my two FAVORITE buddies from here (one in particular) showed me that what I'd been taught, by those too ignorant to think for themselves, was nothing more than a...crap. What's it called...something that's iconic? Example...black people eat chicken, white people love mayonnaise, etc etc. Those. I learned just from hanging with and talking to the two of them that my ways of thinking needed to change. And so...they did. Which is also kind of ironic that my ways of thinking started around the time I enrolled up at North Georgia, and my roommate was black. That's why there are lines I will NOT cross online OR in person (unless of course I'm with Jermaine, usually) such as mentioning BS about KKK and such. Because I've learned that what other people may overhear could result in their way of thinking, and misjudging...just like what happened with me. Granted, I'm not gonna sit here and say I'm an angel and I no longer many any racial comments towards any one...but I have paid much more attention to what I say, and who's around when I say it.

Why do I mention this? I frankly don't give a damn if the cheeks in the seats are black, white, hispanic, asian...whatever. As long as they have the same dedication to the car as me...that's all I really give a damn about.

My license plate, however, means "Built To Handle." Because back in the day, I heard alot of "ha, your car will never be fast." Granted...most of my buddies drove redneck trucks and/or Corvettes, BMW's, Mercedes, and the likes. I knew I couldn't outrun them in a highway pull, or a drag. So...my idea was to be the best at something they couldn't. The mountains. So I ended up making my idea become an obsession. And...to date...none of my buddies have been able to stay in my rearview up in the twisties when I drive that car. So basically, it means "Built to handle...not for speed." Because speed isn't what makes a car "fast." I was faster than them with 92hp at the crank when they would have up to 200, give or take.

joker , let one go to me for the low low , so i can step back up in the EF game!
Get back in the game? :tongue1: you already left us once!

...but how low is "low low"...

EvasiveEF9
01-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Bryan...what would YOU do if you got another shell...?

sakasaku
01-30-2008, 03:02 PM
me???

EvasiveEF9
01-30-2008, 03:03 PM
No no no...Bryan from SC.

sakasaku
01-30-2008, 03:06 PM
ooooh

StraightSix
01-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Hmm, honestly, I don't have much time (heh, or money) for another project right at this instant. I have to get this damn P-car running first, and then see how long it takes to sell. I made a deal with myself, too, that I wouldn't get another car until the Porsche was sold.

At the same, I could be convinced otherwise.....I'm such a car whore.

Oh, and I'm actually sitting on a shell right now that I got on the supa-low. It's a '89 STD with block and 4 spd in it.

JDMJAYDC2
01-30-2008, 03:34 PM
sniff sniff im so glad my blackness rubbed off on you ben! lmao but ahem redheads FTW!

EvasiveEF9
01-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Well, ain't that some sh*t. ONLY because you're doing what I wanted this car to originally do...and I know you'd treat her like your own, I was taking special consideration in making a deal with you...

Too bad you have that porsche. :)

Guess I'm stuck hoping for the best. But I've had (since this thread) MANY offers on seats, wheels, struts, bushings (and components), and springs, LoL. Oh...and the dashes. And two offers on a naked shell.

EvasiveEF9
01-30-2008, 03:38 PM
sniff sniff im so glad my blackness rubbed off on you ben! lmao but ahem redheads FTW!
I'm currently hunting, LoL.

What I never mentioned about monday is I had a girl come sit down at my table with me as I was finishing my beer. Not a bar...a table. She brought over the karaoke book. I covered my tab after some small talk with her and wished her a good night, LoL. No numbers, no names...just a well-wish. LoL.

I felt bad, but...with my current situation on everything...I'll be damned to settle for anything not perfect, or not there for just a quick lay.

StraightSix
01-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, ain't that some sh*t. ONLY because you're doing what I wanted this car to originally do...and I know you'd treat her like your own, I was taking special consideration in making a deal with you...

I feel all special, now.

But, on a more serious note, I'm to the point now where I'm definitely looking for something with more power to get on track with. That would mean either finding a swapped Civic, doing a swap myself and all the suspension work and etc., or getting another car entirely.

I've tracked the Porsche once and had a blast until I lot oil pressure and spun a rod bearing. Honestly, I really want to keep the Porsche for track duty, but the damn thing is way too expensive for my budget right now. So, that's the logic behind selling it. Once it's gone, I'm going to find something else that I can track, but I really want to go rear wheel drive, a la an E30 BMW. Not that the Honda wouldn't be fun, but Honda Challenge isn't very contested at NASA-SE events and a swapped EF would end up in H2, a money class. Spec E30 won't take nearly as much money and would still be fun. Plus, I can build the car as I go.

EvasiveEF9
01-30-2008, 03:57 PM
:tongue1:

Else, I was thinking if you wanted a naked shell, you could do it completely how you wanted it...from the ground up.

Well, then...my car would be great for anyone wanting to start getting into the sport/hobby...

sakasaku
01-30-2008, 04:34 PM
i sent u that msg on aim

EvasiveEF9
01-30-2008, 04:35 PM
What'd you send me on AIM? You sent it to my phone...my phone's not ALWAYS on me...

EvasiveEF9
01-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Oh, wait...got the message. I'll let you know when the time comes, if it comes.

sakasaku
01-30-2008, 04:39 PM
k thnx

EvasiveEF9
02-02-2008, 09:14 PM
It's all but in an official thread...

Start calling out what you want. I'll probably assemble the project hatch with as much as I can before I leave with parts from the primered hatch, and sold as a whole. The person who buys this can pick what color they want it to be. It'll have whatever parts aren't picked through from the primered hatch. The primered hatch will be parted out, and the sold for very little, or given to one of my favored people from the squad, or I'll see it crushed, personally.

It's not in it's own thread, yet, cuz i have to get batteries for the camera...but you can expect a thread in the near future.

Prices? For now, just let me know what you want and we'll work from there. most of ya'll know the car(s) anyways. But I'll be leaving Atlanta on the 15th of February to fly around the country and won't be back til sometime in March. I'll be here for about 2 weeks or so, then be departing for Parris Island. Somewhere in those two weeks, there will be a going away party.

For now post what you want and we'll try to work from there...but some of the highlights are gonna be the konig heliums with proxes pr4's, the CRx SiR seats, the mint black CRx dash, near mint black hatchback dash, BRAND EFFING NEW graphite carpet, some pretty good condition panels, skunk2 race springs, KYB AGX struts, full integra brake setup, LS cable tranny, two LS motors (one is a shortblock, but I've got most all the stuff to make it full, the other may be sold with the car, or as a complete swap...), some body parts (some in mint condition ready for paint) B-series axles, extra cooling fans, Pr4 OBD1 ECU...alot of stuff....I'll try to get a full list before too long, but that list is gonna be hard to pull together until someone steps forward to pick up the full project car which will bes old pretty much however they want it done.

That's all I've got for now...but it's all but official at this point. My goal is I've gotta try to pull as much from the projects to pay for bills before I go to the Marines as I can. I've got a grand total of about 2500$ in student loans, and I'll have somewhere near 2K$ in other expenses if I were to quit my job right now. I don't want any outstanding bills when I leave. If I can't pay them ALL off, I hope to have as much as I can paid off...with the overall goal being COMPLETELY paid off.

For those jobs I said I'd get done (I think Jermaine is the only last one I have) I can get it done. For any others...I'll try, but I can't make promises.

Anyways...go ahead and start listing, or talking to me if you want a full car or whatever.

God damn this hurts more than I ever thought it would...

toonz
02-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Damn man ..............

EvasiveEF9
02-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Yeah...tell me about it. I SO f*ckin' badly don't wanna see this happen...but I feel like it's something I HAVE to do. I don't really know what else to do with it. It's two awesome projects with alot of potential, man...but I fear procrastinating anymore is only going to put me further behind. I'm keeping the audio setup I was building for it, though...they'll go in the next vehicle.

Papa_Smurf
02-03-2008, 02:10 AM
pm'd.

LOOOONG DIBS ON THAT HATCH DASH.