PDA

View Full Version : G or Z owners

tony
01-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Ever heard of the tilton clutch and flywheel assembly? Not too many know (especially newer owners) about this setup.. i had it before and believe it or not I had more fun than I did with turbos. Well, I just ordered another one and I'm quite anxious to get it in this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvwxUBJ_2JU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMJWz5Bw96g

3.5altman
01-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Ive heard of tilton. BUt clucth and flywheel better then boost! nah I dont think so! But I have a upgraded clutch in my 3.5 and it does make it funner to drive.

tony
01-31-2008, 06:09 AM
Ive heard of tilton. BUt clucth and flywheel better then boost! nah I dont think so! But I have a upgraded clutch in my 3.5 and it does make it funner to drive.

Believe it.. but the thing is I like N/A over boost. You just have to experience the clutch to see what I'm talking about. With boost the car feels slow after a while and the top end is kind of blah.. (Its the reason why most G's or Z's that go high boost end up getting sold) with this assembly the revs are amazing and going through the gears on twisty roads compares to nothing else.. mated with a good exhaust and expension mods you would almost believe you are in something exotic.

The cost is.. its hard as hell to launch. The clutch cannot be slipped very much and you WILL stall for a few days.

I guess i should also state that the stock assembly is like 48lbs.. this altogether is 16lbs.

3.5altman
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM
yes sir, those stock dual mass flywheels are heavy as hell

Johnny Chimpo
02-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Thats going to be nice. Yeah thoes first few days will be rough.

GTMule
02-13-2008, 10:11 PM
which clutch is it? 7.5 sintered metal or what?

(If anybody ever needs any custom driveline stuff, let me know, I've done custom flywheels, clutch setups, etc in the past (design and fab, not installs))

tony
01-22-2010, 08:07 AM
So after 2 years I finally put this thing in my car lol Revs like crazy and 1st gear pulls similar to my TT'd G, I'll post up some before and after videos later on.

The clutch isn't that bad actually, very streetable.. but a loss of like 35lbs on the clutch and flywheel has a huge difference.