PDA

View Full Version : lower tie bar ......??

dkjohnson04
01-29-2008, 08:52 AM
i finally got my BEAKS rear lower tie bar in the mail yesterday from jhpusa and i went to bolt it on real quick before work and ................. problem!! I drive a 1996 integra ls 4door, my car has ABS and the ABS lines are mounted to my LCAs, I can unbolt the brackets for the lines but the lines are still clamped on the bracket. I am sure somebody knows what i am talking about...... Any tips on how to unhook ABS lines from those barckets and what to do with them once tie bar is on? Thank you reps will be given for help.

dkjohnson04
01-29-2008, 12:16 PM
somebody.............anybody......bump!!

madwick
01-29-2008, 01:25 PM
i wish i could help cause i had the same problem but i removed my abs! try to bolt up the LCA then wire tie the bracket. seems to be quite gangsta but it'll work for the time being.

dkjohnson04
01-29-2008, 01:37 PM
the tie bar is so clean and gangsta i don't wanna ghetto rig anything on or near it.....might work though..

ash7
01-29-2008, 04:59 PM
it won't fit.... sell it to me for uber cheap :ninja:

on a more serious note; what i had to do in order to fit mine was remove the lines from the bracket, and tuck them into the space between the lca and rear subframe. Secure them with black zip ties when you're done and you're all set bro. :goodjob:

-jonathan

RISKYB
01-29-2008, 08:21 PM
i had the same problem when i installed my lower crontrol arms, the brackets are actually very flexible and can be bent to allow the lines to be seperated, i did such and then modded/welded on new brackets so they can still be used just make sure when you do to allow room for suspension travel

dkjohnson04
01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
thanks for the input.....hopefully saturday it will be on and i try to post pics......i waited like a month for this damn thing on back order from jhpusa.com but it was worth the wait.