PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Z32 NA to TT swap

300z32x
01-29-2008, 01:18 AM
Howdy, new to IA, i hope this post is okay in here... anyways i have a 95 300zx NA and i am starting to get bored with it. I am ready to do the VG30DETT swap. just wondering if anyone here has done this swap and can help me out with it. i know it is a very complicated swap since the engine bay is uber cramped. any help would be super!

.blank cd
01-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Prepare to shell out teh paper. Z1 motorsports (z1motorsports.com) out in carrolton does the swap for 7 grand out the door i think.

TallGuy
01-29-2008, 01:49 AM
Its not that hard of a swap but there is allot of parts to swap over.. try some of the 300zx forums, they have a ton of information on the swap..

TallGuy
01-29-2008, 01:52 AM
Z1 is a joke... they are redicuasly over priced.. theres plenty of people that of done the swap for around 4k

.blank cd
01-29-2008, 02:01 AM
I kinda figured. Does seem like alot for what is basically just an engine swap. I just posted up Z1 cause it was the first thing that came to mind. But now that i come to think of it, i almost boght a swapped car from a guy that had it swapped by them that had 2 blown turbos

TallGuy
01-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Dot get me wrong they have done some great work but I think they over price there parts.... There are allot of parts they sell that are from another company, they just slap there name on the part and jack the price up.

DirtyMechanic
01-29-2008, 03:56 AM
RB cough cough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBudnZrnjro&feature=related

LS cough cough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaNBxgid5Xw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-vxH6_mGH0&NR=1

choose your weapon

TallGuy
01-29-2008, 04:49 AM
VG30DETT cough cough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdJSKIHzf8U

.blank cd
01-29-2008, 12:18 PM
RB cough cough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBudnZrnjro&feature=related

LS cough cough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaNBxgid5Xw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-vxH6_mGH0&NR=1

choose your weaponBlasphemy. If your gonna do a swap, keep the engine that goes in that car. w/ the right mods you can wax an RB and an LS anyway

.blank cd
01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Dot get me wrong they have done some great work but I think they over price there parts.... There are allot of parts they sell that are from another company, they just slap there name on the part and jack the price up.Everything for that car is expensive. This is why i dont have one anymore

300z32x
01-29-2008, 01:21 PM
i know all about Z1 and 3ZC, HybridZ... but none go into a details about the swap... (z1) 400 realiable ponies for 8500, they do great work and if i had the money i would probably go to them, but also i want to do the swap myself... save some cheddar! i would go with an RB/LS swap but i would spend more on that motor set and fabrication, when i could get a Z clip plus a few upgrades to make heaps of power. with an RB/LS swap it would kind of be pointless in my eyes... custom parts.

vancem3m3
01-29-2008, 02:09 PM
i have 300zxtt long block turbos inclued to get you started pm if interested

chituntang
01-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Swaps are not hard, if you have basic knowledge, tons of tools and a garage. The thing people have problems with swaps is that they think the engine they bought must be good . But if you want to do a swap, I would say get a front clip with all the JDM goodies, make sure you change all the seals and the clutch, check the turbos if they are good or not, o2 sensors, etc. You may as well upgrade some of the stuff like the radiator, intake, exhaust manifold, etc since you are on the job already. Do not get one part at a time because it means extra hard work and waste of time.

Just a little advise from my experience.

speedminded
01-29-2008, 03:37 PM
It's easy! 3 simple steps...

1) Purchase low mileage TT
2) Remove TT radiator cap.
3) Replace radiator cap and license plate from your N/A

Joila! That easy!

300z32x
01-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Swaps are not hard, if you have basic knowledge, tons of tools and a garage. The thing people have problems with swaps is that they think the engine they bought must be good . But if you want to do a swap, I would say get a front clip with all the JDM goodies, make sure you change all the seals and the clutch, check the turbos if they are good or not, o2 sensors, etc. You may as well upgrade some of the stuff like the radiator, intake, exhaust manifold, etc since you are on the job already. Do not get one part at a time because it means extra hard work and waste of time.

Just a little advise from my experience.

this would not be my first swap... of course the seals, and clutch will be replaced, along with new poly mounts, harness, sensors... I already have the exhaust, single intake kit, i will use a Z1 hardpipes with SSQVs, the manifold will be ported, switch to Doolz intake, and ASH-Spec ECU, side mounts, radiator, shourd and fans, Z1 clutch, light weight flywheel, driveshaft... the works! its just i would like another person to be around that has done this swap, as the road i heard will be a little bumpy.

thursdaybuff
01-29-2008, 04:56 PM
VG30DETT cough cough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdJSKIHzf8U
x2

he would've bought a corvette or skyline if he wanted those.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6csnoENeNOA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fprwUH2on1Q

nsany(atl)
01-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Z1 is a joke... they are redicuasly over priced.. theres plenty of people that of done the swap for around 4k

please show me someone who will provide a motor all the piping, starter ect,and do all the work for 4K.

TallGuy
01-30-2008, 02:48 AM
I didn't say a shop would but you can do it your self for around 4k..

speedminded
01-30-2008, 06:48 AM
please show me someone who will provide a motor all the piping, starter ect,and do all the work for 4K.Last time I checked 4 years ago a TT longblock with all accessories from across the pond was about $2,500-3,500. Add in freight and labor and the cheapest a shop would do it is probably $5-6k.

Nissangeek
01-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Try going to Forged Performance on 41. They specialize in turboed Nissans, Scoobies, Evo's, etc.

TallGuy
01-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Last time I checked 4 years ago a TT longblock with all accessories from across the pond was about $2,500-3,500. Add in freight and labor and the cheapest a shop would do it is probably $5-6k.
Yeah the VG30dett have lost there value plus from what i'm told is you can not import front clips anymore.. But some company's strip the clips and sell you everything from them ... thats how i'm doing my slicktop TT swap.

.blank cd
01-30-2008, 03:07 PM
slick top TT swap? your car is a slick top to begin with right?

speedminded
01-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah the VG30dett have lost there value plus from what i'm told is you can not import front clips anymore.. But some company's strip the clips and sell you everything from them ... thats how i'm doing my slicktop TT swap.Screw that, slick top with an LS7 in it!! Engine's wayyy lighter and stock for stock tons more power and torque normally aspirated! Add remote turbo's and you'd have a BEAST!

300z32x
01-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Screw that, slick top with an LS7 in it!! Engine's wayyy lighter and stock for stock tons more power and torque normally aspirated! Add remote turbo's and you'd have a BEAST!

or you could go with the VG30DETT, save the fabrication money and LS7 engine cost (?) added up, and beef up the VG and make even more power. Im all for a unique swap/build, but the VG just makes so much more sense IMO.

TallGuy
01-30-2008, 10:00 PM
slick top TT swap? your car is a slick top to begin with right?
All twin turbos came with T-tops. My car is a slick top that only came N/A.

thursdaybuff
01-31-2008, 12:13 AM
thats how i'm doing my slicktop TT swap.
damn it, that was my idea! i've been planning on doing the tt swap on a slicktop for forever. hah good luck though. i'll probably still end up doing it.

300z32x
01-31-2008, 12:26 AM
lets get started on this swap shall we? i just ordered some key components to make this swap happen as of now: new OEM mounts, EFI harness, ASH-Spec ECU, ASH-Spec 2.5 pipes and MSMIC

next on the list of buys is: 60k maintenance, rear main seal kit, radiator hoses, heater hoses, pcv hoses, NGK spark plugs, test pipes, downpipes, Doolz intake, Z1 filters, UR pulley set, TT-AC kit, OEM TT fuel pump, Z1 oil cooler and hoses, ASH-Spec radiator and electric fan with shrouds (if released when ready).

then the last purchase bundle will be: the VG30DETT short block engine with manifolds and turbos, 95+ Auto-5spd conversion with Z1 clutch and flywheel, Z1 driveshaft...

help me out guys am i forgeting anything that needs to be budgeted?

TallGuy
01-31-2008, 06:08 AM
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/250540
http://300zxforum.com/showthread.php?t=42374
http://300zxforum.com/showthread.php?t=57581

300z32x
01-31-2008, 12:51 PM
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/250540
http://300zxforum.com/showthread.php?t=42374
http://300zxforum.com/showthread.php?t=57581

i've seen those links and actually use two for good amounts of reference... thanks a lot though. updates soon to come!

speedminded
01-31-2008, 12:53 PM
or you could go with the VG30DETT, save the fabrication money and LS7 engine cost (?) added up, and beef up the VG and make even more power. Im all for a unique swap/build, but the VG just makes so much more sense IMO.You ever worked on one or bought parts for one?

*edit*
lol, obviously judging from your last post i just read :tongue:

nsany(atl)
01-31-2008, 12:54 PM

5 speed starter, diff than auto

TallGuy
01-31-2008, 01:22 PM
5 speed starter, diff than auto
He can make the auto work just has to shim it.... but the starters are not hard to find. I might have one ..... When I go to my fathers in a few days ill check..

TallGuy
01-31-2008, 01:23 PM
300z32x are you going with the auto TT engine??? I know thats a killer setup when you match it with the NA rear end..

300z32x
01-31-2008, 06:16 PM
You ever worked on one or bought parts for one?

*edit*
lol, obviously judging from your last post i just read :tongue:

i have done that swap or bought parts for one, a buddy of mine dropped in a LS1 into his Z, and he wasn't happy with it... im not positive but im sure the swap cost around 13,000 with engine, cradle off VG mounts, stand-alone fuel, MSD ignition, and he can't use after market LS1 products due to fitting issues

300z32x
01-31-2008, 06:20 PM
300z32x are you going with the auto TT engine??? I know thats a killer setup when you match it with the NA rear end..

I will be running a 5spd trans, i'd rather have quicker acceleration and drive harder, over better traction on an auto even with HKS ALC... to many things can go wrong with an auto especially when driven hard

i planned on the 5spd, unless the auto swap has benefits that i dont know about

thursdaybuff
01-31-2008, 07:09 PM
Yes, the dual-vtecs you have to put in, duh! :screwy:

speedminded
01-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Yes, the dual-vtecs you have to put in, duh! :screwy:Heyyy the VG30DE in my Z32 had variable valve timing!

TallGuy
01-31-2008, 08:07 PM
I will be running a 5spd trans, i'd rather have quicker acceleration and drive harder, over better traction on an auto even with HKS ALC... to many things can go wrong with an auto especially when driven hard

i planned on the 5spd, unless the auto swap has benefits that i dont know about
I meant the auto engine... the auto engine has a smaller turbo .48 compared to .52 for the 5 speed. plus the auto engine has less aggressive cams, but when you match that set with the 5 speed tranny and the NA rear end makes for a quick car..

300z32x
01-31-2008, 09:10 PM
I meant the auto engine... the auto engine has a smaller turbo .48 compared to .52 for the 5 speed. plus the auto engine has less aggressive cams, but when you match that set with the 5 speed tranny and the NA rear end makes for a quick car..

hmm this i did not know... it will all depend on what is availible when i am ready to purchase my motor

thursdaybuff, :thinking: thank you i dont know how i could have over looked vtec, now i feel like an idiot... go nissan VVT!

chituntang
02-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Oh yeah, Your rear end is different from the TT... forgot about that.

300z32x
02-04-2008, 12:34 PM
Oh yeah, Your rear end is different from the TT... forgot about that.

yes the rear diff is, the na has a higher gear ratio at 4.08.. meaning quicker acceleration over the TT rear diff... which also means a custom driveshaft is needed from Z1. god this swap is expensive!

300z32x
02-09-2008, 12:08 AM
one step closer to completeing the swap! today's purchase: 60k maintenance, rear main seal kit, radiator aluminum lower hose, silicone upper hose, heater hoses, pcv hoses, NGK spark plugs, test pipes, downpipes, Doolz intake, Z1 filters, UR pulley set, new OEM TT fuel pump, Z1 oil cooler and hoses, ASH-Spec radiator and electric fan with shrouds!

all thats left is the most expensive purchase: VG30DETT engine set, and 5spd trans with Z1 clutch, flywheel and driveshaft, SSQV's, and sourcing out a TT AC kit.

:( im going broke!

Z32redondo
02-09-2008, 12:38 AM
What are you doin with the na engine and tranny?

300z32x
02-09-2008, 04:28 PM
more than likely rebuild then sell, the tranny is an auto, i will have it clean inside and out, freshen up the torque converter, and seals.

the engine will recieve a new gasket set, and maybe 120K kit

why are you intrested in purchasing them? you can rebuild em :goodjob:... they run fine now just with a fresh rebuild i could get a whole lot more for them

Z32redondo
02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
more than likely rebuild then sell, the tranny is an auto, i will have it clean inside and out, freshen up the torque converter, and seals.

the engine will recieve a new gasket set, and maybe 120K kit

why are you intrested in purchasing them? you can rebuild em :goodjob:... they run fine now just with a fresh rebuild i could get a whole lot more for them

Naw man after thinking about it Im gonna keep saving for my tt swap.

300z32x
02-09-2008, 04:46 PM
i highly recommend the TT swap, its soooo worth it... plus in a vert would be amazing! this would be my second TT swap, one on a buddy of mines and now mine... you get wicked fast acceleration from the NA rear diff. once the swap is done the start is a very proud moment, and the first time you make boost will feel like you lost your virginity all over again. even if you keep an auto tranny, with great traction, it still makes for a fun car. you could punch it and still spin tires, it will be a completely different car.

redrumracer
02-10-2008, 12:32 AM
dont know if your still looking for the stuff but you can everything you need to swap over right here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-NISSIAN-300ZX-TWINTURBO-LOOK-REBUILDABLE-REPAIR-EZ_W0QQitemZ250214491784QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6398QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

300z32x
02-10-2008, 01:07 AM
dont know if your still looking for the stuff but you can everything you need to swap over right here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-NISSIAN-300ZX-TWINTURBO-LOOK-REBUILDABLE-REPAIR-EZ_W0QQitemZ250214491784QQihZ015QQcategoryZ6398QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ouch! why would you show me that? that hurts the heart!

thanks for the link but i should be set... i would hate to buy another Z just for the engine. plus i have ordered most of the parts i need all i need is the engine, trans, and components plus a few other misc. item, that i found a great deal on already! and budget isn't right yet to pick up that, just yet... i wasn't going to do the swap until april or may-ish. plan to have all the parts and everything installed by mid-late march. if budget is right might go with bigger injectors and turbos plus sending my ECU out to get re-tuned to compensate for the injectors; or Z1 Ultimate rebuild kit before dropping in the engine. that means i will have an extra 60K kit if anybody is intrested in pruchasing one.

chituntang
02-10-2008, 05:03 AM
yes the rear diff is, the na has a higher gear ratio at 4.08.. meaning quicker acceleration over the TT rear diff... which also means a custom driveshaft is needed from Z1. god this swap is expensive!

Better off getting 1 piece driveshaft and TT diff and axles. I do not know about the driveshaft part, but the diff on na is R200 and TT is R230. The axles are also bigger like the diff. If you did not get the driveshaft from the swap, you would want a 1 piece as a upgrade.

Keep us update!!!

P.S. Do not forget about suspension upgrades!!!

300z32x
02-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Better off getting 1 piece driveshaft and TT diff and axles. I do not know about the driveshaft part, but the diff on na is R200 and TT is R230. The axles are also bigger like the diff. If you did not get the driveshaft from the swap, you would want a 1 piece as a upgrade.

Keep us update!!!

P.S. Do not forget about suspension upgrades!!!

i am keeping the R200 rear diff, so a Z1 custom 1-piece drive shaft was budgeted with a TT front flange (trans) and NA R200 rear flange (rear diff). the bolts dont line up on the NA and TT trans or R200 R230 rear diff on the driveshaft. It will work out better this way. axles and the R200 are more than capable of the power outputs.. the R230 would be pointless with a 3.89(?) ratio, hence why a lot of people switch to the R200 rear diff...

One step ahead the suspension has been tuned via Energy poly bushings, SPL aluminum subframe bushings, Stillen sway bars, Carbing Struts, Tein H-Tech springs, and KYB AGX shocks... no recent pics though...

Once engine is swapped if i can have the bottom end spec'd out as plan before the drop i will be able to squeeze out some pretty impressive number on stock heads and stock fuel system on race fuel... i am going to aim for about 18-20psi on race fuel, and 15psi on pump until the fuel and turbos are upgraded... then head work comes next! im looking for a total power output of around 660+whp on race fuel at 23-24psi, and 535ish whp on pump at 23-24psi.

*edit*
Next Update will be when i order my engine, trans, etc. Then i will do a super detailed write-up with pics off my work, parts, trouble spots and maybe the entire swap.. to be used as a future reference (future sticky?:goodjob: ) for anyone else who wants to do this swap... :thinking: Wish i did this when i helped my buddy with his swap!

Z32redondo
02-10-2008, 06:19 PM

Thats not a twin turbo...

Z32redondo
02-10-2008, 06:21 PM
i highly recommend the TT swap, its soooo worth it... plus in a vert would be amazing! this would be my second TT swap, one on a buddy of mines and now mine... you get wicked fast acceleration from the NA rear diff. once the swap is done the start is a very proud moment, and the first time you make boost will feel like you lost your virginity all over again. even if you keep an auto tranny, with great traction, it still makes for a fun car. you could punch it and still spin tires, it will be a completely different car.

About how much did it cost all together?

300z32x
02-10-2008, 08:10 PM
About how much did it cost all together?

My swap is a pricey swap due to assloads of aftermarket products used, plus new OEM products aswell, but a ball park figure for my swap is in the around $7000 (without bottom end build up), but that is with a very reliable build, 460-ish whp @ 15psi once swapped. subtract the cost of used JDM OEM stock products not going to be used that i will sell (which includes clutch, resurfaced flywheel, harness, ECU, and an extre 60k kit)... once all is sold it will be around $6000-$6500.

A simple RELIABLE stock swap would cost around $3500-$4000 depending on what you want new (i recommend mounts, harness, radiator, all hoses and 60k kit)...

A JDM front clip would be they cheapest way for a decent swap. $2750+ but that is using stock used JDM parts, and i dont really recommend but some peoples budgets are smaller. I've been planning my swap for a loooong time and saving for a while also... lol i still need a bit more money to complete the swap.

Read into the swap, find out as much information as you can, ask people that have done this swap (feel free to ask other question; i might not have the answers to some questions... so give Z1 or Z Car Atlanta a call, if other people can't help), the swap is kind of tricky and that was with a friend on his Z... im doing this one solo on my own Z. money will disappear but once the swap is done you will be super happy with the results!

Good Luck!

Z32redondo
02-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh yeah I have had my Z for almost 2 years and have been doing research on the swap since then. I was just asking because there is no better way to get an answer to something then to ask someone who has already done it once.

And the first turbo car I have ever driven was in fact a twin turbo 300zx...and yes...I lost my virginity all over again lol

chituntang
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
IMO, I would take the smaller number final gear for gas mileage. But I do my project around my DD, so mpg is a huge factor for me. But if this is a racing project for you, then I would go for the 4.0 something diff. What are you going to do with the output shafts and axles? People with high power 240sx breaks their axles and do the q45 conversion...

Keep us the update cause my friend would do the same if he can find a good, cheap z32. I believe you are doing everything right and it will have a great outcome.

300z32x
02-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah I have had my Z for almost 2 years and have been doing research on the swap since then. I was just asking because there is no better way to get an answer to something then to ask someone who has already done it once.

And the first turbo car I have ever driven was in fact a twin turbo 300zx...and yes...I lost my virginity all over again lol

Well then you should be in good shape to do a this, its really not all that bad its just easy to get frustrated IMO (short temper). By the time im done with swap i will be a NA->TT swap master! :ninja:.... when your swap comes around let me know if you need a hand!

lol a twin turbo 300zx is not the same car as a NA-TT 300zx... acceleration is the main difference! my buddy raced his stock swap'd Z against a stock TT, and absolutly waxed him!

IMO, I would take the smaller number final gear for gas mileage. But I do my project around my DD, so mpg is a huge factor for me. But if this is a racing project for you, then I would go for the 4.0 something diff. What are you going to do with the output shafts and axles? People with high power 240sx breaks their axles and do the q45 conversion...

Keep us the update cause my friend would do the same if he can find a good, cheap z32. I believe you are doing everything right and it will have a great outcome.

The NA R200 rear diff (4.08) will be fine, the axles will hold up just fine aswell... I've heard some high hp (450+) 240sx's also using NA 300zx axles. I will be doing this swap very right, very organized (baggies and labels), and very detailed for all others

*edit*
as of now while its still NA my Z is my DD, but i am also doing a QR25DE swap into a 89 nissan pulsar (uber light, and old DD), lol that car is going to zip, and be my DD!

Z32redondo
02-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Well then you should be in good shape to do a this, its really not all that bad its just easy to get frustrated IMO (short temper). By the time im done with swap i will be a NA->TT swap master! :ninja:.... when your swap comes around let me know if you need a hand!

lol a twin turbo 300zx is not the same car as a NA-TT 300zx... acceleration is the main difference! my buddy raced his stock swap'd Z against a stock TT, and absolutly waxed him!

Oh I know that. The rear diff makes it accelerate much faster. Im just glad it was a Z I lost it too. Once I felt those twins spool up and my body start going deeper into the drivers seat...I knew I would have a twin turbo Z one day lol.

300z32x
02-11-2008, 12:19 AM
based of looks interior and extrior, performance both handles and power make the Z the holy grail of the automotive industry, with a great sticker price, even when it was new!

300z32x
02-14-2008, 12:24 AM
for anybody else intrested in this swap i found a GREAT deal on a VG30DETT engine set, WITH FREE SHIPPING all for $2195!!! this is were i am sourcing out my set... it include complete motor, throttle bodies, 5spd transmission, clutch, flywheel, harness, all required cables, ECU, alternator, starter, PS pump, PS high pressure lines, A/C, fuel rail, injectors, manifolds, and turbos. a buddy of mine has bought an S15 SR20DET from them and stands behind them. so i will try ordering from them and maybe second that.

http://www.jazzproparts.com/VG30DE_TT_p/vg30de%20tt.htm

I will be purchasing from them hopefully by early-mid march and will begin the swap as soon as it arrives.

300z32x
02-19-2008, 10:18 PM
I am almost ready to purchase my engine set to finish things up on my swap.. I found a lot of Z owners helpful over at www.fairladyzx.com

thursdaybuff
02-20-2008, 10:15 PM
have you tried twinturbo.net?

300z32x
02-20-2008, 11:04 PM
i've tried a bunch of sites, used info from TT.net... but got questions answered from other people that have done this swap aswell over at www.fairladyzx.com

300z32x
02-26-2008, 12:50 AM
Okay swap is getting ready to begin with the final purchase today!

Todays Purchase: VG30DETT engine set and 5spd trans with Z1 clutch, flywheel and driveshaft, SSQV's, AND Z1 Ultimate rebuild kit (now looking to boost around 20-23psi, since heads will be stock)!!!! This also means I am officially broke!

Also I sourced out a used OEM TT AC kit out of a totaled 96 300zx.

Once the engine arrives I will break it down and take it apart, and prep it for cleaning... I will throw the bare block and the bare head in a Steamer for about 20-30 minutes... I will then Cyro treat them along with the Tranny for extra strength. All while cleaning the guts of the head, valve covers (then powder coat), and other misc items... Once all is done start piecing the motor back together with the cleaned OEM and new aftermarket goodies so I can just drop the motor in add fluids and crank it up!

All while ^this^ is going on I will also be removing the VG30DE components, and prepping the engine bay. Than apply the same cleaning methods on the DETT for the DE, then put on the new gaskets and the 120K kit and put all left over parts up for sale...

thursdaybuff
02-26-2008, 05:42 PM
This also means I am officially broke!
hah, that's usually how it goes. i'm in the same spot.

good luck on the build though!

300z32x
02-26-2008, 06:55 PM
Even though we are broke know soon we will be content with it... As the 300zx will be a completely different car, MUCH-O EL FAST-O!

thursdaybuff
02-27-2008, 06:02 PM
^^ yup, same here!

terrytowe22
08-01-2008, 11:29 PM
hey jsut to let u know i found a 300zx twin turbo mint condition 86000 miles for 5000 grand on craigslis,org.

300z32x
08-02-2008, 05:13 PM
I am plenty good on another TT-Z. The Z still has yet to be completed due to an amazing deal on a 92 Acura NSX. The NSX wasn't running right and so I have been investing a lot of time trying to fix the seized motor, and bent valves!

The Z will be running before the end of this month!
**edit**
I might try to make time to wrap it up this weekend! Its near complete just need to drop in the motor and trans and wire it all back up!

SlowKA-T_S13
08-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Blasphemy. If your gonna do a swap, keep the engine that goes in that car. w/ the right mods you can wax an RB and an LS anyway

Timeout, lets do it tit for tat. Anything the VG30dett gets the RB and the LS1 get. It's pretty obvious that a modded VG is gonna out run an RB, but your gonna have to do some more serious modding(I'm not talking about a full built race engine or anything, you get the idea) to beat the LS1 out of the box. Just my 2 cents.

:tongue1:

jfwy.

300z32x
08-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Actually I have seen a VG30DETT powered Z race a LS-powered Z and the VG owned him on Dual Intake, cat-back exhaust, injectors, and ECU, with boost right at 14psi.

I am not saying the LS is a crappy motor, but just because you have the LS doesn't mean you going to be a beast, its hard to fab aftermarket support on the LS inside the Z!

mogaffar
08-23-2008, 03:46 PM
if you need a front clip, i got a buddy who wrecked his Z... its a 1995 with 67k miles. He just spent liek 2 grand on installing new 740cc nismo injectors and not even 150 miles later a lady totalled his ****. I think he wants around $4000 for the clip. That includes almost everything from the shifter forward.