PDA

View Full Version : Pardon my stupidity

skinnyga
01-28-2008, 01:53 PM
My friend drives a late model Intreped. He just changed from 15" to 18" rims. Now his speedometer is wrong, and he really has to press the accelerator to get the car going?
Is this standard?? I am a stock rim kid so I can't help him...but I know everyone on here is an expert so I know you all can help.

Thanks

AlanŽ
01-28-2008, 01:57 PM
how far is it off 1-3mph isnt a big deal but depending on the weight of them I'm not surprised his brakes will also take a beating

aaronfelipe
01-28-2008, 02:06 PM
Moved,

It is normal that the car takes more gas to go and brakes to stop because there is more mass spinning. More mass= more momentum. It is also normal that the speedo is off if he has the wrong size tire.

speedminded
01-28-2008, 02:10 PM
What size tire is he running now? Then what is the stock size or what year Inteprid so it can be looked up...

Sammich
01-28-2008, 02:12 PM
go somewhere to get it calibrated

AnthonyF
01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
My friend drives a late model Intreped. He just changed from 15" to 18" rims. Now his speedometer is wrong, and he really has to press the accelerator to get the car going?
Is this standard?? I am a stock rim kid so I can't help him...but I know everyone on here is an expert so I know you all can help.

Thanks

Dodges are known for this. But the good thing is the Dodge computer will allow you to change that. He can go to the local dodge dealership or mechanic and get them to change that. we've had to do it a few times at my shop.

SicStang03
01-28-2008, 05:48 PM
who cares.. If the speedo and odo are not corrected you will get less miles reported to the comp.. In return the car will hold value

speedminded
01-29-2008, 07:19 AM
who cares.. If the speedo and odo are not corrected you will get less miles reported to the comp.. In return the car will hold valueLOL, unless you're stashing 50% of your paycheck every week in the trunk and maybe a gold bar or two an Intrepid will never hold its value :tongue: