PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Tire ratings...Good or Bad!

SilviaK93
08-05-2005, 03:35 PM
On my Z06 I currently have the BFG KDW2's in the rear. These tires are AMAZING! Two days after I installed them I autocrossed the car, and had a blast. I was pushing the stock F1 tires on the front as the rear just melted and hooked 95% of the time. These are by far the best tires I have had on a RWD application.

With the stock tires I could blow the tires off in 1st and 2nd gear, NOW all I get is alittle chirp from 1st to 2nd. These tires have also made the mtns a huge playground.......I would recommend these tires to anyone looking to push their car to the limit! :goodjob:

I have also heard similar feedback about the new Kumho MX's as well. For now I will stick with my BFG and will soon replace the front F1's with the KDW2's

SilviaK93
08-05-2005, 04:06 PM
I wanna hear what some other people are running out there and how they like their tires?

mp5o
08-05-2005, 07:56 PM
How are they in the rain? I hate tires that suck in the rain... Im currently riding on falken azenis rt215 205/50/15 on the front and some micheliens in the back. I HATE driving in the rain with this setup... I've broke em loose twice and thats enough. <--- In the rain... One spun/whipped me all the way around(180degrees) and another time in the rain it broke loose on a 90 degree right turn but I caught it and straighten out.

Oh yea. This if a 100whp FF Civic... Imagine what would happen to your Z06 in the rain with these tires.

Good news... They're GREAT in the dry!!

4dmin
08-05-2005, 09:05 PM
i have nitto 555 on the dub and they kick ass... i did have toyo fz4 on there and toyos suck but i will say the when i had a sidewall flat going 70mph and had to drive on it for 2 miles before being able to stop it held up (w/ no air in it)

JITB
08-06-2005, 12:59 AM
I have Yokohamas on my car now, and they are Great.. But they are pretty expensive, for me. They dont really last as long tho, but the first 6 months they were superb. Kumho Ecstas are pretty nice as well, alittle cheaper and they last alot longer than the yokohamas.

SniperJoe
08-06-2005, 09:47 AM
I run the Yokohama AVS ES100s and I love those tires. Excellent grip in both the wet and the dry. Granted, they could last a bit longer, but my last set ended up lasting almost two years, which is a good tradeoff for that kind of performance.

tony
08-06-2005, 09:54 AM
+1 on the KDW 2's, I couldn't break em loose when I first got them. Now that they are worn down a bit its a lot easier but I'll be replacing the rears this month anyway.

SilviaK93
08-06-2005, 11:16 AM
I try to avoid the rain at all cause in this car. I have been caught a few times and they feep pretty stable, but the front F1's slip and slide all over the place.

Tony and Pablo both run the KDW2's---what do you guys think of the tires in the rain heavy or sprinkle?

4spauto
08-07-2005, 12:41 AM
I got stock michelins on mine and the SUCK in any weather :rant: its soo unbelievably easy to chirp the tires...

Pablo
08-07-2005, 02:49 AM
in the rain, my KDW2s perform very well. the only time that i have had trouble out of them is when there is more than 2 inches of water. the end to loos a little bit of traction

D16Civic
08-07-2005, 09:25 AM
Ive got them Perelli P Zero Nero M+S, damn thats a long name. They stick to road very well. My car is pretty slow but ive pushed it pretty hard thru the twisties and they always seem to hook up and dont make a sound

David88vert
08-07-2005, 09:50 AM
I ran S-03's on the old RX7. Definately an excellent tire choice for dry/wet on the street/trackdays (for my p/w ratio,). A good tire is one that you can predct exactly how it will react if you change conditions (like dry pavement to wet pavement). Optimal is to find a tire that does not make you change your driving style when traction conditions change. Inspires confidence, and confidence helps you go faster.

HyPer50
08-07-2005, 10:55 AM
275/40/17 BFG G-Force T/A's... they were alright pre-blower, but now I just shred em with anything more than half throttle... Also, these tires REFUSE to smoke... or leave rubber, so makes burn outs kind of boring.

tony
08-07-2005, 11:27 AM
in the rain, my KDW2s perform very well. the only time that i have had trouble out of them is when there is more than 2 inches of water. the end to loos a little bit of traction

Exactly the same with mine, I can get on it a little bit with no wheelspin but these are by far the best set of tires I've had yet.

HiPSI
08-07-2005, 12:13 PM
kumho MX's on the front, misc on the rears :D. actually i bought some tires for the drift demo we did in savannah from walmart, they are Douglas Tires. once they got hot those things were a handful to get to break loose, they got stickier than hell suprisingly.