PDA

View Full Version : Sanctioned Hillclimb in Georgia?

speedminded
01-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Touge in Japan, Bergrennen in Europe, Hillclimb or Mountain Run in the US...the northeast has them, even Alabama, so why not in Georgia?! We have some of the best mountain roads in the Southeast and judging from all the events and races i've crewed, driven, & worked/photographed at our SCCA has the ability and manpower to make it happen...

European Hillclimbs:

http://video.google.com/ThumbnailServer2?app=vss&contentid=b7b483088d6633bd&offsetms=60000&itag=w160&lang=en&sigh=vC-yz37jJIRLEvxXYgdPd77EyL0 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7722433545269532353) http://img.youtube.com/vi/vTRDQDAWYCQ/2.jpg (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4813148158788476892) http://video.google.com/ThumbnailServer2?app=vss&contentid=9da705bf34bced50&offsetms=170000&itag=w160&lang=en&sigh=wwSwpzDFD3L8UTgMzJBNdtOP5q4 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4043401529402656532)

US Hillclimbs:

http://img.youtube.com/vi/c-e4H1bnFBM/2.jpg (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8351846478723355667) http://img.youtube.com/vi/zsw4g5KFzl8/2.jpg (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3545396668897309089) http://video.google.com/ThumbnailServer2?app=vss&contentid=1d80bef413a1f39&offsetms=40000&itag=w160&lang=en&sigh=GCIBQFixEoZuF4ELzD5_Ph2zqxE (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1800592190180060359)

SiRed94
01-28-2008, 10:56 AM
that would be wonderful...

chris13
01-28-2008, 11:17 AM
good question

Tracy
01-28-2008, 11:19 AM
I might be able to help get something together. Let me know if it gets serious and I can probably provide insurance and such.

santacruz77
01-28-2008, 12:12 PM
i was just thinking the same thing. i wish they did that around here as well as rally.

i think hill climbs would do good. if this happend it would rock

speedminded
01-28-2008, 12:15 PM
I might be able to help get something together. Let me know if it gets serious and I can probably provide insurance and such.Thanks! Any help would be appreciated! I'm trying to go directly to the "higher ups" of SCCA instead of up the food chain and having someone with your resources backing it up will only make it better.

The road(s) i'd like to see it on probably would be considered to have too much traffic to shut down for a day and/or way too high speed in some sections (Hwy 60 & Hwy. 129) but something like Hwy. 180 (ugh, the thought of a mistake there!) or Richard B. Russell might work fine. I'm trying to find a road that's suitable AND has sufficient parking at both ends...or the course could be point A to B then back to A which would make timing the event MUCH easier and more reliable BUT slower because only one car at a time can run.

I may be thinking too far into but I would like ALL the bases covered before presenting it, everything from traffic control to lodging to the 'what if' worst case scenerio.

speedminded
01-28-2008, 01:09 PM
No houses what so ever and nobody really to interrupt. It's a true hillclimb and for the most part a forgiving road too.

Approx. 6.75-7.0 miles but could easily be shorted a mile or two without losing the best parts of the run, just thinking ahead with time constaints depending on the amount of cars participating.

Ed
01-28-2008, 01:57 PM
hell yeah, that'd be so awesome. you know im in. lol

Tracy
01-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Well, let me know if you think I can help with anything. I'm a project woman.

SRCRX
01-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow, this would be cool, great idea!! REPS!!

HiPSI
01-28-2008, 05:32 PM
the hard part is convincing the government that you want to shut down a road for any matter of time, let alone for an automotive event. not to mention the environmentalists who would freak if it was ok'd, stating we'd be running off 150 endangered species of mosquito or something. but if you can make it happen i'd be in for it ;).

mocha latte cupcake
01-28-2008, 05:37 PM
you KNOW i'd drive from the beach for a "official" run my as s up the mountain as fast as i can :D

Tracy
01-28-2008, 05:41 PM
I've looked into shutting down some local streets for a video. It's not impossible. It's like everything in life.....if you know the right person, you can get it done.

speedminded
01-29-2008, 07:09 AM
the hard part is convincing the government that you want to shut down a road for any matter of time, let alone for an automotive event. not to mention the environmentalists who would freak if it was ok'd, stating we'd be running off 150 endangered species of mosquito or something. but if you can make it happen i'd be in for it ;).lol, I've already looked into that...there's always a few things you can bargain with the tree huggers! I've volunteered before to clean the trail back to raven cliff and i'm sure a donation to the national park service wouldn't hurt.

I'll post my idea here since several of you are familiar with the area i'm thinking about. On the Helen side of Hwy 348/Richard B. Russel Scenic Hwy. the trailhead and parking lot is 3 miles from 75 Alt and from that point towards Hwy. 180/Russell-Brasstown Scenic Byway to the summit at the Appalachian Trail crossing is about 4 miles. There's a parking lot there then the long downhill to another parking lot. Technically if the road is closed off between the Raven Cliff trailhead and Appalachian trail we wouldn't be blocking off anything other than using the scenic highway as a pass thru, highway 180 (Russell-Brasstown Scenic Byway), 75 (Unicoi Turnpike), & 75 Alternate can be taken as a detour and it's not that much longer to go around.

The goal was to find a location that does not block off traffic or emergency vehicles to residences. I would intend to have an EMT and Fire unit on location as a precaution and they would be in radio contact with all emergency departments anyways so that's covered. I would hope that local police would participate as well :police:

It's only a 4 to 4.5 mile run but that's nearly twice as long as a lap at Road Atlanta and considerably longer than a Solo II event...but with elevation changes and instead of cone dodging you have trees, ditches, embankments, and guardrails to contend with.

Elbow
01-29-2008, 07:26 AM
I am 10000000% IN. Anything you need help with PM me. I am in the mountains ALL the time so I am familiar with every single road there.

santacruz77
01-29-2008, 08:53 AM
omgg omg omg jdm touge.

thats why they dont do it lol ^

HiPSI
01-29-2008, 04:03 PM
I've looked into shutting down some local streets for a video. It's not impossible. It's like everything in life.....if you know the right person, you can get it done.

didn't say it was impossible, it's just a really rough proposition to bring to the powers that be. it's hard enough to keep the treehuggers/govt from shutting down all offroad use areas and racetracks currently in existence.

RBR would be one of the more appropriate roads since it is possible to bypass. can we have a drift class? 4 miles of pure tandem death defying goodness.

speedminded
01-29-2008, 04:21 PM
RBR would be one of the more appropriate roads since it is possible to bypass. can we have a drift class? 4 miles of pure tandem death defying goodness.oh my, what i would give to see 2-4 cars sideways through one of the big sweeping turns!

HiPSI
01-29-2008, 04:24 PM
i can think of a few fun turns that would be nicely linked ;)

DinanM3atl
01-29-2008, 09:07 PM
doubtful but would be fun

kerndog8
02-02-2008, 11:52 PM
you KNOW i'd drive from the beach for a "official" run my as s up the mountain as fast as i can :D

What you gonna do put it on rollers and push it up the hill?

green91
02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
We do these all the time at night :ninja:

Thighs
02-05-2008, 07:33 PM
they have had them in Ga... look for chattanooga region hillclimb results. they had one in ga i think last year (dont quote me on that part).

and change your gay location speedminded. were in AMERICA not fukking japan. touge = too gay.

green91
02-05-2008, 07:37 PM
and change your gay location speedminded. were in AMERICA not fukking japan. touge = too gay.

your location is so cool. eat a **** homeboy, speedminded has been around since before you were in high school

Thighs
02-05-2008, 07:38 PM
your location is so cool. eat a **** homeboy, speedminded has been around since before you were in high school

make a point...

and my location just so happens to be where i live. so it makes sense.

Elbow
02-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I think the hillclimbs were in NC or SC maybe TN not sure, never heard GA. AL had one I think as well?

Thighs
02-05-2008, 07:49 PM
I think the hillclimbs were in NC or SC maybe TN not sure, never heard GA. AL had one I think as well?

it wasnt for any GA region SCCA, but it was IN GA.

and didnt i tell you not to talk to me until you got rid of that ****** ass pos girly queer miata?

300z32x
02-05-2008, 08:12 PM
im loving the idea! count me in!

speedminded
02-06-2008, 07:55 AM
they have had them in Ga... look for chattanooga region hillclimb results. they had one in ga i think last year (dont quote me on that part).

and change your gay location speedminded. were in AMERICA not fukking japan. touge = too gay.When your Miata takes turn 12 at Road Atlanta on slicks faster than my Integra with street tires you can come back and talk ****. When I finish my next project car the location will change to Bergrennen.

I'm familiar with the Chattanooga Region SCCA because they host the nearest RallyCross events, I just searched their website's schedules: http://www.rivergate5speed.com/scca/updates08.htm and they've never done a hill climb but some of their members do participate in the Crow Mountain Hill Climb http://www.crowmountainhillclimb.org hosted by the Tennessee Valley Region SCCA. Central Carolina Region SCCA used to have the Blue Ridge Hill Climb but it's not on their schedule this year and none of the websites i've found for it work so i'm under the assumption they don't do it any more.

Honestly I'm not concerned what the other SCCA chapters are doing, this is Georgia and we have a substantial amount of Atlanta Region SCCA members that are interested in a hill climb event. There has not been one here yet we have more than enough resources to make it happen with even people outside of SCCA willing to help.

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 08:34 AM
When your Miata takes turn 12 at Road Atlanta on slicks faster than my Integra with street tires you can come back and talk ****. When I finish my next project car the location will change to Bergrennen.

You are a idiot. If you know ANYTHING about road atlanta, you know that you can take turn 12 flat. So there is really not going to be a big difference in speed.

Bring this stupid fast integra your talking about to road atlanta. I would love to see your teg up there.

So what times you run at RA on race tires?

green91
02-06-2008, 09:08 AM
You young guys need to watch your mouths, a race license doesn't make you the fastest **** on the road/track nor the best driver. Some of you are so quick to think that nobody on this site knows how to drive and thats simply not the case.

green91
02-06-2008, 09:09 AM
So what times you run at RA on race tires? Because im sure there are some SSB miatas that would spank yo ass.

Jocking races with other people's cars isn't cool

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 09:11 AM
You young guys need to watch your mouths, a race license doesn't make you the fastest **** on the road/track nor the best driver. Some of you are so quick to think that nobody on this site knows how to drive and thats simply not the case.

GTFO...

...ahh, a dear! lets heel/toe to miss him...LMAO

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Jocking races with other people's cars isn't cool

other peoples cars?

speedminded
02-06-2008, 09:55 AM
You are a fawking idiot. Really man. If you know ANYTHING about road atlanta, you know that you can take turn 12 flat. So there is really not going to be a big difference in speed. And you know what, you want to talk **** and think your a badass, the road race in march, race your car in the IT race...o wait, you dont have a race license.

Bring this stupid fast integra your talking about to road atlanta. I would love to see you try to keep up with my stock D16...

So what times you run at RA on race tires? Because im sure there are some SSB miatas that would spank yo ass.Ask yourself the following but I don't want to hear a response, continue being off-topic and everything you post will be deleted. You're more than welcome to use the PM button.

1) What does this thread have to do with Road Atlanta or me or even anyone else?

2) What do you pay for? I'm glad your parents are so supportive of your hobbies. Do you think mine or anyone else pays for any of my cars or anything else I have?

I decided 4 years ago I would get my competition license when I payed the car off and hopefully have an income that would allow me to be competitive. Since then I've crewed for race teams during the HPDE weekends or been a track photographer otherwise I would participate more. I've worked for and driven with instructors and am comfortable with my abilities.

As for the car, it's almost back to stock with a roll cage and various parts sitting next to it that never got put in. Although I would be most comfortable on the track in it, i'm not racing it because of it's value and condition. It's being sold for new projects and I will be on the track soon so don't worry.

Elbow
02-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Why is Road Atlanta the only track ever fought about on IA out of curiosity? Everytime road racing or anything not ricey arrives, BOOM, "bet you wont come to Road Atlanta" lolol

Back on topic...

speedminded
02-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Why is Road Atlanta the only track ever fought about on IA out of curiosity? Everytime road racing or anything not ricey arrives, BOOM, "bet you wont come to Road Atlanta" lolol

Back on topic...It's the closest and by far the most technical and least forgiving track around.

Jecht
02-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Well ignoring the stupid arguments about racing at Road Atlanta, I would love to join in on a hillclimb. Regardless of what car at the time; I'd even bring my Mk2 with it's half-dead clutch if I could have a chance of legally speeding and having fun on those kind of roads.

Elbow
02-06-2008, 11:20 AM
It's the closest and by far the most technical and least forgiving track around.

True, and the funnest

speedminded
02-06-2008, 12:06 PM
Well ignoring the stupid arguments about racing at Road Atlanta, I would love to join in on a hillclimb. Regardless of what car at the time; I'd even bring my Mk2 with it's half-dead clutch if I could have a chance of legally speeding and having fun on those kind of roads.I'm going to assume that at least a rollbar is required, there's way too much room for error.

Nemesis
02-06-2008, 12:06 PM
How old are you MatthewAPM?

Thighs
02-06-2008, 12:15 PM
1) What does this thread have to do with Road Atlanta or me or even anyone else?

2) What do you pay for? I'm glad your parents are so supportive of your hobbies. Do you think mine or anyone else pays for any of my cars or anything else I have?

ill answer them for ya.

1. YOU BROUGHT ROAD ATLANTA INTO THIS THREAD. ****ing moron. and what does us racing have anything to do with you thinking you live in japan. i mean, with all the jdm **** you probably have, it might look like it, but its not japan dude. sorry to break it to ya.

2. i know for a fact that matts parents dont pay for sh*t. if they give him money for anything, he at least did a buncha **** around the house for it.

and as for the rest of your post, basically what i got out of it was ":blah: im full of sh*t."

had to heel toe to miss and bicycles lately? i know i havent.

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 12:24 PM
Ask yourself the following but I don't want to hear a response, continue being off-topic and everything you post will be deleted. You're more than welcome to use the PM button.

I decided 4 years ago I would get my competition license when I payed the car off and hopefully have an income that would allow me to be competitive. Since then I've crewed for race teams during the HPDE weekends or been a track photographer otherwise I would participate more. I've worked for and driven with instructors and am comfortable with my abilities.

As for the car, it's almost back to stock with a roll cage and various parts sitting next to it that never got put in. Although I would be most comfortable on the track in it, i'm not racing it because of it's value and condition. It's being sold for new projects and I will be on the track soon so don't worry.

clear PM's

Nemesis
02-06-2008, 12:27 PM
iif they give him money for anything, he at least did a buncha **** around the house for it.

Okay, I dont care about the argument you are all having, but this statement made me ****ing LOL all over myself.

Household chores for mod money ftw LOL Young whipper snappers.

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Okay, I dont care about the argument you are all having, but this statement made me ****ing LOL all over myself.

Household chores for mod money ftw LOL

HAHA. mod money. Man, I using that money to buy gas. Sponsors FTW

Thighs
02-06-2008, 12:29 PM

Household chores for mod money ftw LOL Young whipper snappers.

lol man i mean i guess you gotta do somethin for it...

Elbow
02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Yeah my guess would be SCCA time trial rules at the least.

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 12:36 PM
LMAO at this thread. People take thing to seriously, really.

anyway, now that this thread is off topic, how about this for a hillclimb?
http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2007/Suzuki%20Sport%20XL7%20Hill%20Climb%20Special.jpg

Thighs
02-06-2008, 12:39 PM
LMAO at this thread. People take thing to seriously, really.

anyway, now that this thread is off topic, how about this for a hillclimb?
http://static.autoblog.nl/images/wp2007/Suzuki%20Sport%20XL7%20Hill%20Climb%20Special.jpg

LOLOL matt. that car is a slow p.o.s.

but i like the jdm wing and the tYtE carbon fiba splitter. thats jdm. or is it j-spec..? speedminded where are you when we need you...

speedminded
02-06-2008, 12:48 PM
ill answer them for ya.

1. YOU BROUGHT ROAD ATLANTA INTO THIS THREAD. ****ing moron. and what does us racing have anything to do with you thinking you live in japan. i mean, with all the jdm **** you probably have, it might look like it, but its not japan dude. sorry to break it to ya.

2. i know for a fact that matts parents dont pay for sh*t. if they give him money for anything, he at least did a buncha **** around the house for it.

and as for the rest of your post, basically what i got out of it was ":blah: im full of sh*t."

had to heel toe to miss and bicycles lately? i know i havent.Where does anyone say anything about living in Japan or anything about the japanese domestic market? I'm still trying to figure that one out http://images.bimmerforums.com/smilies/confused.gif

HAHA. mod money. Man, I using that money to buy gas. Sponsors FTWSponsors buy you cars too?

speedminded
02-06-2008, 12:50 PM
LOLOL matt. that car is a slow p.o.s.

but i like the jdm wing and the tYtE carbon fiba splitter. thats jdm. or is it j-spec..? speedminded where are you when we need you...Do you even know what that car is or what it was built for?

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Where does anyone say anything about living in Japan or anything about the japanese domestic market? I'm still trying to figure that one out http://images.bimmerforums.com/smilies/confused.gif

Sponsors buy you cars too?

Nope. Entry fee, maintenence, tires, etc.

slow_hatch
02-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Where does anyone say anything about living in Japan or anything about the japanese domestic market? I'm still trying to figure that one out http://images.bimmerforums.com/smilies/confused.gif

Sponsors buy you cars too?

He is looking at your "location" :rolleyes:

speedminded
02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
He is looking at your "location" :rolleyes:If you don't understand it why are you worried about it? Ever heard of Best Motoring? It's a joke making fun of the American Touge video series, get with the program. :goodjob:

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 01:08 PM
He is looking at your "location" :rolleyes:

who are you talking about? if ur talking to me, thats were i live tard

slow_hatch
02-06-2008, 01:09 PM
If you don't understand it why are you worried about it? Ever heard of Best Motoring? It's a joke making fun of the American Touge video series. Get with the program. :goodjob:

Yeah, I know. I don't have a problem with it, I know what its from. He on the other hand :???:

slow_hatch
02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
who are you talking about? if ur talking to me, thats were i live tard

No I believe Jesse was making fun of Jason's location, being JDM tyte or something :rolleyes:

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 01:15 PM
Do you even know what that car is or what it was built for?
Hmm, its a suzuki XL7. Currently hold the pikes peak record at 10.01. twin turbo V6. and makes enough down force to drive upside down at 60mph.

Elbow
02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
OMFG LOL this thread turned productive to 3rd grade in seconds.

slow_hatch
02-06-2008, 01:20 PM
OMFG LOL this thread turned productive to 3rd grade in seconds.

Middle school more like it :goodjob: I'd like to see everyone go at it up 129 or 60 wheel to wheel :D

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Middle school more like it :goodjob: I'd like to see everyone go at it up 129 or 60 wheel to wheel :D

sounds like you should have gone to Blood Mtn. when we had our mountain run in the rain...:ninja:

slow_hatch
02-06-2008, 01:30 PM
sounds like you should have gone to Blood Mtn. when we had our mountain run in the rain...:ninja:

LOL, yeah. My car doesn't like the rain :D

speedminded
02-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Hmm, its a suzuki XL7. Currently hold the pikes peak record at 10.01. twin turbo V6. and makes enough down force to drive upside down at 60mph.Hmm, was that question to you or him?

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Hmm, was that question to you or him?

he typed it. he is at my house and to lazy to change login

Big Baller
02-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Hill Climb...I'm In

Big Baller
02-06-2008, 03:42 PM
If you fags call it Touge or what the **** ever that **** is I'm out.

Thighs
02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
If you fags call it Touge or what the **** ever that **** is I'm out.

you are the man. reps for you sir.

green91
02-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Nobody is calling it a Touge lol.

green91
02-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I'd like to see everyone go at it up 129 or 60 wheel to wheel :D

My car is back together...lets do it. Even though i dont have my snail on atleast it still handles good haha

Thighs
02-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Nobody is calling it a Touge lol.

speed kinda was in an implied way.

anyways, why dont we just stick to mtn runs. save money and time. lol

speedminded
02-06-2008, 04:11 PM
My car is back together...lets do it. Even though i dont have my snail on atleast it still handles good hahaIf I had a spare set of 15" wheels I could put my hoosiers on...don't have the Porsche brakes any more though so she'll have some serious brake fade if i have to run downhill! :tongue:

speedminded
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
speed kinda was in an implied way.

anyways, why dont we just stick to mtn runs. save money and time. lolHow? Because you read my location? Why don't you take 10 seconds away from matthewAPM's cock and re-read the title of the thread and the original post. :goodjob:

speedminded
02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
...then re-read post #54 (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showpost.php?p=36499153&postcount=54) as to why my location says what it does.

Thighs
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
If I had a spare set of 15" wheels I could put my hoosiers on...don't have the Porsche brakes any more though so she'll have some serious brake fade if i have to run downhill! :tongue:

just get better pads/fluid. it wont eliminate it but it will help.

and are you really still going? get the **** over it already.

green91
02-06-2008, 04:30 PM
LOL everyone thinks me and you are newbs jason :)

speedminded
02-06-2008, 04:33 PM
just get better pads/fluid. it wont eliminate it but it will help.

and are you really still going? get the **** over it already.ATE is fine with Porsche brakes setup but doesn't do crap with oem...using the $80 p/bottle Castrol SRFand hawk hp+ might keep it from boiling but i'm sure I'd still completely destroy stock rotors in no time. The car's being sold anyways to build the 400+whp hill climb beast.

Thighs
02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
LOL everyone thinks me and you are newbs jason :)

i dont recall saying that...? wanna quote me?

and all im doing is giving my advice. you dont have to accept it, im just trying to be friendly. i was done being a **** earler, and i wasnt being serious anyways. OBVIOUSLY you 2 got a lil butt hurt. sry?

speedminded
02-06-2008, 04:34 PM
LOL everyone thinks me and you are newbs jason :)Terrorizing those roads since 1995 and blowing engines before they had pubes :tongue:

green91
02-06-2008, 04:36 PM
haha yes i remember those days. i remember coming around the turn and hitting your oil patch :ninja:

Jecht
02-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I'm going to assume that at least a rollbar is required, there's way too much room for error.

Well, I'm going to be buying a Miata soon and a decent rollbar is the first mod I plan on. :D

Thighs
02-06-2008, 04:37 PM
ATE is fine with Porsche brakes setup but doesn't do crap with oem...using the $80 p/bottle Castrol SRFand hawk hp+ might keep it from boiling but i'm sure I'd still completely destroy stock rotors in no time. The car's being sold anyways to build the 400+whp hill climb beast.

just use hawk blues. but make sure you get a video of the sparks when you break em in :goodjob:

i want suspension for the miata so bad but im broke. what are you building?

Thighs
02-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Well, I'm going to be buying a Miata soon and a decent rollbar is the first mod I plan on. :D

make sure the one you get dont have a glass window top...

i know from experience. lol

speedminded
02-06-2008, 05:13 PM
just use hawk blues. but make sure you get a video of the sparks when you break em in :goodjob:

i want suspension for the miata so bad but im broke. what are you building?A BMW like no other... :boobies:

Exterior:
Chassis: e30 325e - Diamond Schwartz Metallic or Nogaro Silver custom modified into a hatch
Body: e30 M3 front fenders & rear flares, custom rear bumper, & e30 M3 EVO III front bumper.
Wheels:
Street:
OEM M-Coupe Road Star – 17x7.5F 17x9R or
OEM 528i Sport Style 5 (BBS RS) – 17x?F 17x?R - (powdercoated gold centers with polished lip)
Track:
Team Dynamics Pro Racing 1.2 - 15/16x?
Windows: Speedglass [coated lexan] quarters and rear

Interior:
Roll cage: Custom 8+ point
• Tied into shock towers
• Gussets to body
• Ladder bar & x-brace hybrid
Dash: OEM E30 with console wrapped in black suede
Guages: VDO Vision in carbon fiber panel
Seats: Recaro black suede
Harness: Schroth Clubman III

Powertrain:
Block - M52 2.8L
Crank - OEM
Camshaft - OEM or M3
Piston - OEM
Head - M52 2.8L
Intake Manifold - OBD1 M50

E34 oil pan & pick up, etc. etc. The goal is 8.9:1 compression ratio with a 0.140 head gasket and ARP headstuds. AutoFab Motorsports custom turbo kit. Intercooler, piping, wastegate, bov, to be determined...

• 666 Fabrication top mount exhaust manifold
• Precision GT30R Ball Bearing Turbo
• 550+cc Injectors
• Megasquirt V3 EFI

Drivetrain:
Flywheel: TMS 11lb Twin Disc Clutch/Flywheel Assembly
Transmission: 328i
Shifter: n/a
Differential: 2.93 LSD

Suspension:
5 Lug Conversion:
• 1997 E36 M3 complete front subframe
• 1999 M Coupe complete rear subframe
Shocks: Bilstein Group N
Springs: H&R Race
Sway bars: Suspension Techniques 27/24mm
Strut brace: Sparco Front Strut Tower Bar

Brakes:
Calipers: Brembo 4 Piston OEM Porsche aluminum monoblock
w/ custom CNC’d aluminum conversion bracket
Rotor: AP Racing 11.98” (304mm) blank
Custom aluminum rotor hat - 5 x 120
Goodridge stainless-steel braided brake lines

380whp @10psi with GT30R (or considerably more using a GT30S housing) A stock internal M52 with head studs and headgasket is plenty reliable at 1.5 bar (dyno'd over 700whp stock before, 998whp with internals) so 400whp is being conservative ;)

Why are we straying off topic again? :D

Jecht
02-06-2008, 07:24 PM
make sure the one you get dont have a glass window top...

i know from experience. lol
What kind of problems do the glass window tops have? I'm looking into buying one with a glass top right now. I won't be getting a rollbar with a diagonal bar that will hit the window.

green91
02-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Ive never had a miata, but all the plastic window tops ive ever seen are fogged to hell, i figured glass window would be preferred!

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 08:00 PM
ATE is fine with Porsche brakes setup but doesn't do crap with oem...using the $80 p/bottle Castrol SRFand hawk hp+ might keep it from boiling but i'm sure I'd still completely destroy stock rotors in no time. The car's being sold anyways to build the 400+whp hill climb beast.

HP+ is your problem. get some hawk blues if you got brake fad

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 08:14 PM
A BMW like no other... :boobies:

Exterior:
Chassis: e30 325e - Diamond Schwartz Metallic or Nogaro Silver custom modified into a hatch
Body: e30 M3 front fenders & rear flares, custom rear bumper, & e30 M3 EVO III front bumper.
Wheels:
Street:
OEM M-Coupe Road Star – 17x7.5F 17x9R or
OEM 528i Sport Style 5 (BBS RS) – 17x?F 17x?R - (powdercoated gold centers with polished lip)
Track:
Team Dynamics Pro Racing 1.2 - 15/16x?
Windows: Speedglass [coated lexan] quarters and rear

Interior:
Roll cage: Custom 8+ point
• Tied into shock towers
• Gussets to body
• Ladder bar & x-brace hybrid
Dash: OEM E30 with console wrapped in black suede
Guages: VDO Vision in carbon fiber panel
Seats: Recaro black suede
Harness: Schroth Clubman III

Powertrain:
Block - M52 2.8L
Crank - OEM
Camshaft - OEM or M3
Piston - OEM
Head - M52 2.8L
Intake Manifold - OBD1 M50

E34 oil pan & pick up, etc. etc. The goal is 8.9:1 compression ratio with a 0.140 head gasket and ARP headstuds. AutoFab Motorsports custom turbo kit. Intercooler, piping, wastegate, bov, to be determined...

• 666 Fabrication top mount exhaust manifold
• Precision GT30R Ball Bearing Turbo
• 550+cc Injectors
• Megasquirt V3 EFI

Drivetrain:
Flywheel: TMS 11lb Twin Disc Clutch/Flywheel Assembly
Transmission: 328i
Shifter: n/a
Differential: 2.93 LSD

Suspension:
5 Lug Conversion:
• 1997 E36 M3 complete front subframe
• 1999 M Coupe complete rear subframe
Shocks: Bilstein Group N
Springs: H&R Race
Sway bars: Suspension Techniques 27/24mm
Strut brace: Sparco Front Strut Tower Bar

Brakes:
Calipers: Brembo 4 Piston OEM Porsche aluminum monoblock
w/ custom CNC’d aluminum conversion bracket
Rotor: AP Racing 11.98” (304mm) blank
Custom aluminum rotor hat - 5 x 120
Goodridge stainless-steel braided brake lines

380whp @10psi with GT30R (or considerably more using a GT30S housing) A stock internal M52 with head studs and headgasket is plenty reliable at 1.5 bar (dyno'd over 700whp stock before, 998whp with internals) so 400whp is being conservative ;)

Why are we straying off topic again? :D
:gay: haha. what a homo car

JK. Well because your turbo'd I would use a 16in team dynamic. (got some if your interested). And run a hoosier (225). They dont fade as much as a kumho but have a little less feel. Also, get adjustable swaybar endlinks. Your going to want some kind of adjustability in it.

For the brakes, DONT run a Hp+, use a hawk blue or some carbotechs. And dont use the hawk blues on the street...thats bad. Also, dont use a cross drilled rotor, they will crack on porsche brakes...really. Just use a brembo blank or some kind of slotted rotor.

Thighs
02-06-2008, 09:16 PM
What kind of problems do the glass window tops have? I'm looking into buying one with a glass top right now. I won't be getting a rollbar with a diagonal bar that will hit the window.

there is a few problems. one is that its is a pain in the ass to put the top down since you have to unzip it. you will NEVER EVER be able to keep the rear window clean because you have to touch it to pick it back up. if you get a roll bar, even some without diagonals wont work. if its a decent sized window (mine is ****ing huge... :() then the rear braces of the bar will hit. as long as you dont let the car sit out in the sun alot the plastic windows are fine. plus its lighter.

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 10:23 PM
there is a few problems. one is that its is a pain in the ass to put the top down since you have to unzip it. you will NEVER EVER be able to keep the rear window clean because you have to touch it to pick it back up. if you get a roll bar, even some without diagonals wont work. if its a decent sized window (mine is ****ing huge... :() then the rear braces of the bar will hit. as long as you dont let the car sit out in the sun alot the plastic windows are fine. plus its lighter.

had a plastic on mine and it was in perfect condition

speedminded
02-06-2008, 10:24 PM
:gay: haha. what a homo car

JK. Well because your turbo'd I would use a 16in team dynamic. (got some if your interested). And run a hoosier (225). They dont fade as much as a kumho but have a little less feel. Also, get adjustable swaybar endlinks. Your going to want some kind of adjustability in it.

For the brakes, DONT run a Hp+, use a hawk blue or some carbotechs. And dont use the hawk blues on the street...thats bad. Also, dont use a cross drilled rotor, they will crack on porsche brakes...really. Just use a brembo blank or some kind of slotted rotor.Lug patterns gotta be 5x120 for BMW but not sure what offset or width I will need until the flares go on and suspension is all set up. A 225 hoosier may be ok in the front but i'm pretty sure i'm going to need at least a 245 if I expect to get any traction...

matthewAPM
02-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Lug patterns gotta be 5x120 for BMW but not sure what offset or width I will need until the flares go on and suspension is all set up. A 225 hoosier may be ok in the front but i'm pretty sure i'm going to need at least a 245 if I expect to get any traction...

haha. oo yeah. lol. i forgot u have 380hp. i would use the same size tires front and rear. BMWs dont like different tires sizes front to rear. use a 8in wide wheel. and run hoosiers still. you could also try a kosei...

Thighs
02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Lug patterns gotta be 5x120 for BMW but not sure what offset or width I will need until the flares go on and suspension is all set up. A 225 hoosier may be ok in the front but i'm pretty sure i'm going to need at least a 245 if I expect to get any traction...

with the power your expecting you better be runnign bigger than a 245, esp. in the rear...

OnURleft
02-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Ok ya'll are doing crack. Do not get hawk blues. True they don't fad...but they shi.t everywhere...and your going to want to keep a rag and bucket of soapy water handy if its ever slightly wet out. You will have pad rust on your car for enternity if you don't clean it off right away. I still have it all over my car and I haven sence waxed it. I made the mistake of using them for 3 events and will never again. Plus HT-10 front HP+ rear is an amazing (BMW club racing winning combo) that stops you faster, lasts longer and dosn't emit pad semen at all

speedminded
02-07-2008, 09:55 AM
haha. oo yeah. lol. i forgot u have 380hp. i would use the same size tires front and rear. BMWs dont like different tires sizes front to rear. use a 8in wide wheel. and run hoosiers still. you could also try a kosei...The suspension is off cars that come from the factory with staggered wheels and tires (M3 & M Coupe). I would still rather stay symmetrical but it all depends on what will fit, suspension movement, etc.

with the power your expecting you better be runnign bigger than a 245, esp. in the rear...A 245 Hoosier A6/R6 may work but will probably need a 255 or even 275 :tongue:

OnURleft
02-07-2008, 10:57 AM
The suspension is off cars that come from the factory with staggered wheels and tires (M3 & M Coupe). I would still rather stay symmetrical but it all depends on what will fit, suspension movement, etc.

A staggered set up will get you a huge loss in time in almost any N.A BMW on a road course. Ask me how I know... I've gone back to back with a hot lap staggered and none staggered. Also, on my first track day long ago I made sure I was staggered for the extra warning and so I could learn how to play with intentional oversteer to get out of understeer (when I developed the skill). BMW simply perform better with 8.5 or 9 all the way around.. Hence why ITS, IP, spec, Speed World Challenge etc. etc. cars all run the same width all the way around. In 1996 BMW released a staggered set up on M3's for safety purposes to induce more understeer. The car was the most totalled car in 1995 in the world (had 8" motorsports all the way around) and this was a quest to rid that title and create a safter car. It not only created more warning and more understeer but lost its title.

matthewAPM
02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Ok ya'll are doing crack. Do not get hawk blues. True they don't fad...but they shi.t everywhere...and your going to want to keep a rag and bucket of soapy water handy if its ever slightly wet out. You will have pad rust on your car for enternity if you don't clean it off right away. I still have it all over my car and I haven sence waxed it. I made the mistake of using them for 3 events and will never again. Plus HT-10 front HP+ rear is an amazing (BMW club racing winning combo) that stops you faster, lasts longer and dosn't emit pad semen at all

Ian is on crack. lol. If your running a set of wheels and set of brakes just for the track, get what works, brake dust is brake dust. If your going to have to clean your wheels anyway, get what works best.

green91
02-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Ive got HP+ and they stop great, no fade at all. But they are noisy as **** and dust everyone. Atleast ive got gunmetal wheel so its not so obvious

matthewAPM
02-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Ive got HP+ and they stop great, no fade at all. But they are noisy as **** and dust everyone. Atleast ive got gunmetal wheel so its not so obvious

because there soft pads. I had ZERO problems with my HP plus at RA on the miata (not the spec miata) but on my civic, brake fade after lap 3. When you have drums in the rear, you are heating ur front brakes a LOT and civics are not the best with cooling. brake ducts coming soon...

Truegiant
02-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Hmm.. I have been watching this thread for a little while now.. I am just curious if I would do any good on those roads.. ;) ;) ;) ... but anywho.. i hope this works out!

slow_hatch
02-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Hmm.. I have been watching this thread for a little while now.. I am just curious if I would do any good on those roads.. ;) ;) ;) ... but anywho.. i hope this works out!

You couldn't hang :ninja:

Truegiant
02-07-2008, 07:11 PM
LOL :lmfao: at the comments in this thread.. i just went back and re read some of the latest stuff.. I am not even going to comment on the stupid retarded arss comments coming from some of these youngsters.. anyone got a ranger i can borrow :ninja: .. and for those of you who know what that comment means know exaaaaaaaaactley what i am talking about.. all i am going to say is wow some people will underestimate others abilities just because they have a "little behind the wheel" experience.

Big Baller
02-07-2008, 07:17 PM
LOL Hawk pads suck... Go get some Carbotech XP10s or XP12s and try that. Castrol SRF is the ****, I have given up on running anything else.

slow_hatch
02-07-2008, 09:51 PM
LOL :lmfao: at the comments in this thread.. i just went back and re read some of the latest stuff.. I am not even going to comment on the stupid retarded arss comments coming from some of these youngsters.. anyone got a ranger i can borrow :ninja: .. and for those of you who know what that comment means know exaaaaaaaaactley what i am talking about.. all i am going to say is wow some people will underestimate others abilities just because they have a "little behind the wheel" experience.

Hey John, I'll donate the Ranger :goodjob:

matthewAPM
02-07-2008, 11:10 PM

?? any good on these road? what is the definition of good? b.c its not about how fast u drive, its about having fun so yeah, explain. thanks

Big Baller
02-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Fun = Fast

Truegiant
02-08-2008, 07:52 PM
21 speed huffy is fast because momentum is a hell of a drug! I think if you only knew you would not question my "knowledge" of those roads!!!!!

matthewAPM
02-08-2008, 07:53 PM
21 speed huffy is fast because momentum is a hell of a drug! I think if you only knew you would not question my "knowledge" of those roads!!!!!

i never did question it...:thinking:

Truegiant
02-08-2008, 08:15 PM
?? any good on these road? what is the definition of good? b.c its not about how fast u drive, its about having fun so yeah, explain. thanks

but anywho... i like your miata.. i am trying to buy one that runs down here in savannah for 500 bucks. Only needs some clean up work and some paint and she'll be clean. I am also about to buy another integra for cheap as balls. so when i sell the integra i should be able to find a 1.8 swap for the miata.. got any idea how much one goes for? and the best place to find one.

matthewAPM
02-08-2008, 08:18 PM
but anywho... i like your miata.. i am trying to buy one that runs down here in savannah for 500 bucks. Only needs some clean up work and some paint and she'll be clean. I am also about to buy another integra for cheap as balls. so when i sell the integra i should be able to find a 1.8 swap for the miata.. got any idea how much one goes for? and the best place to find one.

i put that because i didnt understand what you meant.

but yeah, the best place to check out is either Kurt (metalman), OPM autosport, or specmiata.com. it depends what 1.8 you want. a 99 you can get for like $900 or less

Truegiant
02-08-2008, 09:30 PM
approx. how much weight can you shave on the early year model miatas without cutting the dash/ and door skins for a cage/ etc.. just curious...

but back on topic - jason when are you going to get this hillclimb up and running.. i am trying to find a car as i type!

v-empire
02-14-2008, 11:01 AM
please, we need hill climbs in the south east!!

last one i went to was up northeast a year ago! damn it.

i m itchy for more hill climbing time ...

speedminded
02-14-2008, 12:09 PM
please, we need hill climbs in the south east!!

last one i went to was up northeast a year ago! damn it.

i m itchy for more hill climbing time ...I'm still waiting for Sam to show up for a midnight run! :D

v-empire
02-14-2008, 04:20 PM
midnight runs on z mountain?

that would be with me first...

i m very speedminded too... lol