PDA

View Full Version : anyone deal with ebay front lips?

madwick
01-28-2008, 09:21 AM
i was wondering if anyone has bought from this company. i have a $1500 del sol that i would like to make look a lil better without breaking the bank! i dont want the "Home Depot Lip" nor the actual $300 Mugen lip. the replica will do me just fine!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e27/madwick/delsollip.jpg

im looking to see if it;
fits good
is short or long
(short - real close to bumper/ long - a long extension of the bumper)
has any problems out of the box
...etc...

comments?

Nemesis
01-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Ive purchase a few parts in the past that were "replicas" and its been hit or miss. Generally, just look at the sellers feedback, if they have tons of "Great Product" type feedback, then Id go for it. At worse you may run into some fitment issues

EJ6
01-28-2008, 09:41 AM
get polyurathane (sp) if you do get a lip from ebay...fitment is SH*TTY....but polyurthane with a little heat gun ull make it fit straight...

RBS
01-28-2008, 03:12 PM
i got a polyurethane mugen lip for my friends 95 civic, at first it fit like total ass but i just used a little bit of inginuety ( LoL ) and homedepot screws and let it sit in the sun... eventually it heated up and flexed to the bumper

GTScoob
01-28-2008, 04:14 PM
I dont have any personal experience with them but was considering getting one for the subaru since they're cheap and WILL be destroyed with all of the ****ty roads around town.

Fitment will be crap, price will be great, quality will be iffy. For a front lip on a car thats not a show car it sounds like a good deal.

madwick
01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
... they're cheap and WILL be destroyed with all of the ****ty roads around town....
... For a front lip on a car thats not a show car it sounds like a good deal ...

thats why im interested! when i get back from Chicago ill be purchasing the cheap lipo!

+1 for the help guys

KidSaru
01-29-2008, 09:38 AM
At least they're cheap enough to toss away if it fits bad. Still worth the money if you're on a budget.

jadakid88
01-29-2008, 10:04 AM
cheap shiit!! my shiit broke in like three weeks. and as stated before fitment was horrible. never again!

EJ6
01-29-2008, 11:41 AM
cheap shiit!! my shiit broke in like three weeks. and as stated before fitment was horrible. never again!

you had to hit something in order for it to break?...ebay lip isnt that bad...loooks good for the price its at..

The BUCKY
01-29-2008, 11:52 AM
get the poly one. i have one on mycar

madwick
01-29-2008, 12:06 PM
nice. so does anyone have a particular company you've bought from?

jadakid88
01-29-2008, 01:47 PM
yes but real polyurethane wouldnt break 5000 lil. if you did hit something goin 15 miles. i have tried to what would happen with my jdm itr lip and no comparison which shows you that the most of the lips that they sell arent really polyurethane. just plastic. i could be any happier having a reall lip instead of that egay garbage!
you had to hit something in order for it to break?...ebay lip isnt that bad...loooks good for the price its at..

JDM-95-Hatch
01-30-2008, 06:12 PM
i have the same lip from the same company on my coupe, fit nicely and very flexible, go for it