Tech5
01-27-2008, 09:38 PM
holly ****ttt,,,,,,, 40-50k worth of damaged, Ill kill if that was me damnnnnn

1000cckiller
01-27-2008, 09:51 PM
x5

Reaper
01-27-2008, 09:59 PM
I'd be on death row after I got finished with them...

OnURleft
01-27-2008, 10:00 PM
The sad thing is this can happen at ANY shop..not just a performance shop. Global imports smashed a customers Z8 into a pole. Make sure ya'll trust who works on your cars!

AnthonyF
01-27-2008, 10:52 PM
that happens a lot. Theres a dodge dealership in Marietta and some d*ck took a viper down the street and came buzzing back up over a hill and didnt know there was a MArta bus waiting for him parked, and he slammed right into it....

im SOOO fortunate to be able to work on my own car and not let anyone else touch it.

antiv6
01-27-2008, 11:05 PM
damn that ****ing sucks, glad i goto a trustworthy shop for my stuff

On_Her_Face
01-27-2008, 11:07 PM
no they just dont wanna drive a mustang

antiv6
01-27-2008, 11:20 PM
no they just dont wanna drive a mustang
ya thats why its a mustang only shop :screwy:dumbass:taun:

On_Her_Face
01-27-2008, 11:25 PM
lol PWNAGE!!!1111

Alan®
01-27-2008, 11:28 PM
wow thats ****ed up even based off his response he should have gone off what she wanted

RISKYB
01-28-2008, 08:47 AM
omfg someone would have to make it right or pay for it dearly, yes i would be in the click in a heartbeat

Nemesis
01-28-2008, 09:00 AM
omfg that is absolutely ****ed up.

DieselNuts
01-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Id kill a motherfuker

1000cckiller
01-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Id kill a motherfuker :police:

ahmonrah
01-28-2008, 09:28 AM
i would've blown a forehead vein......i'm enraged just looking at the damage...thinking about it.

i'd go to his house and have lunch with his wife.....
~6 of my friends sitting around the corner~

"hey how you doin? i'm a customer of your husband...yeah..the one whos' car he demolished, he dik'd me as far as my own car is concerned but told me, he has 6 cars... i need all the keys...now.
want some more sweet tea? the sandwiches are great! ARENT THEY:mad:.
~house phone rings, wife looks nervously towards phone~

"oh, dont worry, it's for me, allow me....hello? OH HEY!!! what? oh no me and wifey are just enjoying lunch, i'm on the way out...what? wanna talk to her? hold on."

~whispers to wifey "DONT MENTION THE CARS"~
~wifey~
"hey honey, no everythings fine..."

~snatch the phone back~

"hey....i gotta run, but my car? dont worry about it, i've cried over the TRASH you've left me but it's ok....I FORGET YOU....i gotta go now, enjoy work!!..(TO THE WIFE)...ARE THESE ALL THE KEYS?! THANKS LADY! OH OPEN THE GARAGES!!!"~hang up phone~

Tracy
01-28-2008, 09:37 AM
His response is on the last page for those reading.

hydroshutter
01-28-2008, 09:40 AM
Retro,

butt butt ass ass butt butt ass

-HS

EJ25RUN
01-28-2008, 09:41 AM

"JEFF'S RESPONSE"

I really don't know where to begin on this, I did offer to make everything right, and my offer was unacceptable to her.

This is the greatest nightmare of everyone involved, the shop owner, the car owner, everyone. My mailbox is full of hate mail from CF members, and I understand that. My side of the story is that I tried to make everything right, and Melissa chose to go through her insurance company and take me out of the picture of being a part of the solution.

My offer to Melissa, which was declined, was that she take the approximately $40k settlement for the vehicle from my insurance company, and release the vehicle to me so that I could remove the modifications to the car and those that were salvagable could be reinstalled by us on another car, those that were not I could repair or replace to as new condition. If she had cooperated this could have all had a better ending.

Instead she demanded that she file with her insurance company (I've never heard how much they offered) and that NO parts be reused, and that she choose another shop to do all the work and some of the parts (like the sound system for example) be upgraded at the same time. Carolina Auto Masters would pay for all parts and labor. I'm just not going to pay another shop to do the work on the car, and provide all new parts when the original car had much that was reusable.

When we were in constant contact in December, Melissa assured me that her insurance company had not evaluated the car, while in fact, she had already released the car to them and it had been moved somewhere else. I have not spoken with Melissa since that time. I would have to assume that the car has long since been sold as salvage and the reusable parts gone with it.

If the car is still impounded somewhere, I'd still be more than happy to take the parts off it, transfer those to a car that Melissa provides (from the settlement from her insurance company) that are in reuseable condition, repair or replace those that are not and make everything right. But Melissa chose another route, and that was her choice. I'd hoped her insurance company would settle for enough money for her build the car back just like it was. I assume that didn't happen, but have no way to know. Melissa has not contacted me since saying she would let me know when her insurance company got in touch with her, so I've been given no chances since my last offer to do anything more for her.

From the mail I've recieved she has gotten way more than the value of the vehicle and modifications out of CAM already via lost business. And that total will continue to grow, and her nightmare and my nightmare will continue with neither of us finding a way to wake up and it all just be a bad dream.

I've been sick about what happened, I hate that it happened, and I really hoped that my offer to make everything right had been accepted by Melissa.

I do wish her the best of luck dealing with her insurance company,
-jeff

Retro
01-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Retro,

butt butt ass ass butt butt ass

-HS

WTF Mate?!? lol

blown lsj
01-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Id own him after that......

Alan®
01-28-2008, 10:10 AM
I read all umpteen billion pages of it and personally like I said I don't blame her for wanting what she wants she is entitled to another car at the shop owners expense exactly the way it was regardless of who does the work. Here's the way I see it. The punk that took that car out on a joy ride probably drove the hell out of it. Maybe not causing damdge to the parts but putting wear on them that the owner herself did not and god knows how badly damdged the blower and all that stuff was. The owner is entitled to another car. All the mods installed and tuned at any shop of her choosing she is nuts if she ever lets them touch another one of their cars.

I did the same thing. I had an accident last year in my tC had the car towed to the dealership it took them 90 days to replace:axle, control arm cv joint, wheel and tire. Then to top it all off I pick it up the guy tells me it's going to be tight for a while so you will have to brake it it. :thinking: Ok. I drove the car for 3 months and every time the load was put on the front right suspension components that were damdged you would hear pop click pop boing. I called them and were like hey ya'll need to fix this. So I brought it up there they looked at it drove said they heard it tightened everything down and said they were done. I called BS. Filed a complaint with Scion corporate took it to another dealership had them look at and then was informed that the idiots put the strut in wrong and that it wasn't seated properly. In addition to that the strut was blown and the mount was worn to all hell. The quoted me $1800 to fix it. I then called the other dealer and told them that I had the car looked at at another dealership across town and told them that they were going to have to pay for it. They of course responded with the usual No claimed that I never gave them a chance to fix it :blah: :blah: :blah: .They said there was no way they installed anything wrong because their is only one way that stuff fits together. I told the service manager and the owner of the dealership that being the case their is only one way to do a surgery but there are many ways to screw it up. In the end they paid for it and there is no way I will ever allow that car now that my mom owns it to be touched by them.

iloveboost
01-28-2008, 10:11 AM
My lawyer would have a field day with that place. :D

Why would a customer want used parts that could potentially have internal damage, cracks or be in an inferior state than when they took the car to them? I wouldn't accept that either.

Also, CAM (Jeff) said to bring another car up there and he will do the work for free. Why on Earth would anyone bring them another car after what happened?

This is why I'm glad I don't deal with shady, deadbeat shops.

Nemesis
01-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Im probably thinking of a different place, but didnt something like this happen with All-Star Performance a long time ago, back when Vitek used to be here?

allmotoronly
01-28-2008, 07:06 PM
how the hell did the airbags not deploy? I think the government installs idiot sensors in the car. when someone is an idiot and wrecks because they are driving crazy, the computer goes into darwin's natural selection mode and the airbads dont deploy, the seat belts disconnect, and the dumbass flies through the windshield (which almost happened from the looks of the pics).

jadakid88
01-28-2008, 11:27 PM
i agree with mostly everybody else i would be in jail right now straight up!!

Got Milk?
01-29-2008, 12:19 AM
And here is the risk of going to work.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8434/banktellergettingheadblxq8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Things happen, dont blame the shop.

JustinSane110™
01-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Things happen, dont blame the shop.
:thinking:

Soooo, if a shop employee wrecked the car after the owner told him he could take it for the weekend while it was at the shop to be worked on, who exactly would you blame then??

If that **** happened to me, I woulda grabbed a torque wrench and Toretto'd his ass.

3.5altman
01-29-2008, 12:38 AM
dayumm aint that some ****!

Oz10
01-29-2008, 12:47 AM
That is a terrible situation. Bad for everyone involved. :no:

Justin.
01-29-2008, 12:57 AM
This should be a no-brainer. CAM should make a claim on their Garage Keepers Insurance. I'm inclined to believe they don't have it if they keep BS'ing the lady around. Geeze, even w/ my side business I maintain 6 million dollars (not including an umbrella) in coverage should ANYTHING happen. I'm inclined to believe he's not insured . . . and if he's not insured, I'm sure he's too dumb to operate WITHOUT his business being set up at least as an LLC. . . which means the shop owner's personal assets become fair game if the car owner sues! She should have not went threw her insurance and took major legal action.

Got Milk?
01-29-2008, 12:59 AM
:thinking:

Soooo, if a shop employee wrecked the car after the owner told him he could take it for the weekend while it was at the shop to be worked on, who exactly would you blame then??

If that **** happened to me, I woulda grabbed a torque wrench and Toretto'd his ass.

The car in the shop is not for the employes to drive around. Its there to be worked on. Yea your'e right, i dont now what i would do if i brought my car to a shop for some tunning, and i come back to pick up my car, and the msg i get is"Well we are srry, but one of our employes took your car for a spin, and tottaled it". I would proabbly total their life rite on the spot.

_Christian_
01-29-2008, 01:26 AM
He should have paid for parts and labor at another shop. I wouldn't want potentially damaged parts installed by the idiots who wrecked my car either. It would have been beneficial for him in the long run to let her make the calls, seeing as it was HIS fault. A monkey could foresee the impact on his business by her bad repute. He's lucky she didn't sue him.

3.5altman
01-29-2008, 06:39 AM
The car in the shop is not for the employes to drive around. Its there to be worked on. Yea your'e right, i dont now what i would do if i brought my car to a shop for some tunning, and i come back to pick up my car, and the msg i get is"Well we are srry, but one of our employes took your car for a spin, and tottaled it". I would proabbly total their life rite on the spot.

well you gotta use your brain on this one, i would be highly pissed, but im not jail time for it

hydroshutter
01-29-2008, 07:13 AM
This is why Performance Shops have Liability insurance.

aaronfelipe
01-29-2008, 07:32 AM
I am glad he lost business from being irresponsible/having irresponsible employees...

collins
01-29-2008, 01:43 PM
here's the way i see it... it was in NO WAY at all her fault for what happened to her car... why should she have to come with ANYTHING out of pocket to get it (or another one) back the way before she had it? thats total bs! it was stated that jeff allowed the employee to take the car out... guess what... its not jeff's car. if someone took MY car out with MY permission, i'd be pissed at the principle, not necessarily at the 5 miles they put on it. it was not jeff's permission to give, therefore it holds no bearing imo. now, agreeing with iloveboost, the vette owner should've lawyer'd up and taken this ish to court because apparently thats the only way to settle things when stuff like this arises. new car and new parts should be on the order. hell, just go buy her another red 2005 vette with similar mileage and get new parts and call it a day. that would've given her back the car she came in with, and i believe she would've been fine with that. also, if a shop PROVES to me that they do not respect my car, or other customer's cars, i'd be DAMNED if i take the car back there again... even if they offer the labor for free... if they didnt respect the car when they were geting paid to work on it, they certainly aren't going to respect the car when they're NOT getting paid for it. just my .02