PDA

View Full Version : exhaust options

integraguy06
01-27-2008, 09:47 AM
im about to get a cat back exhaust for my integra (98 LS), and im not exactly sure which brand i should go with, anyone with an integra or have any suggestions to which company to go with...

i have just heard about apexi N1 and the greddy evo2 exhaust from a friend

RiDinDurRty
01-27-2008, 09:59 AM
hks hi-power

japan4racing
01-27-2008, 10:42 AM
i always rocked ebay exhaust..$180 shipped for a 3inch catback..fitment was excellent and sounded great. i look at it this way....weather skunk2 sells it or some nerdy guy in california sells it, its still a peice of pipe that was welded together. why pay $600 for exhaust when you can have something very similar for $200??? just a thought before you go paying for a name. alot of ppl will argue with me about this but thats cool....im still gonna run ebay exhuast..no one can tell a difference anyways

Nemesis
01-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Any N1 exhaust Ive heard on a car sounds too loud. Id say go with the EVO2

Vteckidd
01-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Skunk2 is my personal favorite

GermanMuscle
01-27-2008, 12:19 PM
i have the hks hi-power on my 90 integra. if you like that style its a good exhaust but i wish i wouldve gone with the tanabee that has the stock looks

Barefoot
01-27-2008, 01:55 PM
i always rocked ebay exhaust..$180 shipped for a 3inch catback..fitment was excellent and sounded great. i look at it this way....weather skunk2 sells it or some nerdy guy in california sells it, its still a peice of pipe that was welded together. why pay $600 for exhaust when you can have something very similar for $200??? just a thought before you go paying for a name. alot of ppl will argue with me about this but thats cool....im still gonna run ebay exhuast..no one can tell a difference anywaysagree

xlilvi3tx
01-27-2008, 02:21 PM
i heard about 4 apexi n1 on integras and they all sounded like sh!t. i personally dont like the n1 bc it sounds really crappy. i rather go with apexi WS or tanabe touring medallion

integraguy06
01-27-2008, 04:59 PM
i always rocked ebay exhaust..$180 shipped for a 3inch catback..fitment was excellent and sounded great. i look at it this way....weather skunk2 sells it or some nerdy guy in california sells it, its still a peice of pipe that was welded together. why pay $600 for exhaust when you can have something very similar for $200??? just a thought before you go paying for a name. alot of ppl will argue with me about this but thats cool....im still gonna run ebay exhuast..no one can tell a difference anyways

when u say no one can tell a difference, is that in sound, power or the way it looks... im not too picky on looks i am basing it around the way it sounds.

i hate the typical annoying high pitch ricer sound, so im trying to avoid a cheapo exhaust, but if i could get the same one from ebay as in the store for 300 bucks cheaper with the same quality i would

japan4racing
01-27-2008, 05:24 PM
when u say no one can tell a difference, is that in sound, power or the way it looks... im not too picky on looks i am basing it around the way it sounds.

i hate the typical annoying high pitch ricer sound, so im trying to avoid a cheapo exhaust, but if i could get the same one from ebay as in the store for 300 bucks cheaper with the same quality i would

you set a skunk2 exhuast next to the 3" ebay **** i had and aside from not have skunk2 on the muffler it looks the same. its madrel bent, excellent weld quality...fitment was perfect...more importantly it didnt cost a million dollars.

as far as power gains are concerned i cannot comment on that since i have no way of proving that either system out performs the other. however i would think the only limiting factor would be the difference in mufflers. the ebay systems have more street freindly mufflers than most "racing" exhuast. im sure if a name brand exhaust out performed the ebay **** you could just as easily weld a name brand muffler on the ebay piping and make the same power.

and as far as sound goes....my car sounded like a stock car at idle but had just a slight hint of exhuast tone. under normal driving it was deep not raspy. and under w.o.t. you couldnt here **** because my wastegate dumps to atmosphere. it was def louder on my all motor gsr but thats how it goes..the turbo makes things a bit quieter.

speaking of ricer high pitch raspy sounds....take a listen to some spoon exhuast..def not cheap and sounds like ****. so cost has no bearing on what it sounds like. if the exhuast is more for racing its gonna most likely get loud. you gotta take the good with the bad. i have got a pile of parts here that total close to 10g's for the engine bay of my car and im gonna bolt a $180 ebay exhuast on it...its not that im cheap its that i buy **** for function not cool factor

Blitanicle99
01-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Keep the silencer in and were good. Let me know when you wanna order it man.

integraguy06
01-28-2008, 11:19 AM
ya man i just looked at some youtube videos of a couple LS with N1 exhausts... 1 sounded so ricey i wanted to shoot myself... the other one was an apexi N1 and i nutted myself... so i just hope if i find the N1 system i want its the right one... i hope that apexi system goes back up.. even if the silencer doesnt sound good though travis we can take it off

Blitanicle99
01-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Yeah, my buddy down here has an S13 Silvia with the N1 Exhaust and it sounds better with the silencer in. Just opinion. It will still be loud with the silencer in just not as raspy.

allmotoronly
01-28-2008, 01:11 PM
I like the apex word sport 2. Its not too loud that you cant hear your music or people talking while in the car.

integraguy06
01-28-2008, 02:40 PM
this might sound like a noob question... but for example, there are N1 systems for cat back exhausts on sale on ebay, and i dont know if it will sound like the apexi N1 system or not...

allmotoronly
01-28-2008, 06:39 PM
this might sound like a noob question... but for example, there are N1 systems for cat back exhausts on sale on ebay, and i dont know if it will sound like the apexi N1 system or not...

usually if it's the same style of muffler, same pipe diameter, and same number of resonators they will sound the same. Some have no resonators, so they are louder.

integraguy06
01-29-2008, 12:01 AM
alright thanks for the advice