PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Registration? How long?

Nemesis
01-26-2008, 09:19 PM
How long does it take to receive the title transfer in the mail? I want to slap my old tag from my last car on this one. The temp sticker on the temp plate is starting to come off... if I put my tag on before I receive it, is there a big fine or ticket coming?

Julio
01-26-2008, 09:21 PM
just go get a fresh sticker. That old tag may get you a big ass fine.

Nemesis
01-26-2008, 09:22 PM
just go get a fresh sticker. That old tag may get you a big ass fine.

Gotcha, Ill probably do that. I wonder if I got pulled over and I had the temp tag with me, if he'd understand, probably not worth the risk though.

Chuckster
01-26-2008, 09:27 PM
I have always just transfered my tag over. Up to 30 days, Your date on your temp tag should be the last day. But depending on how slow they process your paper work or how backed up they are it can take up to 2-3 months. Seen it happen sooooo many times. The quickest I have seen people get it is about 2 weeks.

SEAN
01-26-2008, 09:28 PM
I got stopped twice in 24 hours with my temp tags a year ago driving into Athens...definitely a cop magnet...first cop let me go saying I had a nice ride...second cop cited me for the tint...the car was bought from out of state and I had my real tag sitting in the trunk and wanted it to be on but they can cite you for that...each time I have transferred my tags over it has taken 3 to 4 weeks to get the paperwork in the mail from the dealership...

Tech5
01-26-2008, 09:28 PM
yeah if you use, your old tag without transfering it, its up to a 1,000 fine....an takes 10 days or you can go to hapeville an get it that same day, cost 28.00 though verses 18.00 at your local.....tag office...Later,Joshua

Tech5
01-26-2008, 09:31 PM
You have 30days to get a tag.....So dont put nothing on your car...no temp tag saying date/or tag applied for....state says to leave it off, now if you got it from the dealer they are by law to put something showing the date, but remember your chances getting pulled over an harrassed is Greatly risky...so if you got insurance an bill of sale, an no stolen motors/tranny your good!

On_Her_Face
01-27-2008, 01:02 PM
How long does it take to receive the title transfer in the mail? I want to slap my old tag from my last car on this one. The temp sticker on the temp plate is starting to come off... if I put my tag on before I receive it, is there a big fine or ticket coming?

pm me and just gome to Gwinnett place ford and ill give you a new tag+sticker

Reaper
01-27-2008, 01:08 PM
bill of sale + insurance..your good to go for a while

Vteckidd
01-27-2008, 01:11 PM
you cannot put your old tag on your current vehicle unless it has been registered to the new car.

The fine is pretty big if you get caught. Its basically having a tag for a different car on the one you are driving, i did it once an i had to pay $300.

if th ecop is cool he will just write it as no tag, if he wants to be a ****, he will write it as Fake Tags or Illegal Ragistration which is what i got.

If you bought your car from a dealer, simply go back an get antoher temp tag from them

If you bought it from a private sale, you have to go to the DMV and get a temp tag from them.

JoshuaASE is correct, if the car is a private sale, put NOTHING on the car, no temp tag , no cardboard tag, etc.

If its a dealer bought car, they are required to put a tag on the car

Benefit
01-27-2008, 04:06 PM
i been pulled over twice with the tag of old car...and i had no registration/insurance...cops didnt say anything

Nemesis
01-27-2008, 04:43 PM
pm me and just gome to Gwinnett place ford and ill give you a new tag+sticker

sweet, if its not here a few days before it expires, ill hit you up if the other dealer give me smack :slap:

On_Her_Face
01-27-2008, 04:53 PM
ok :D