PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions...

dejavu
08-05-2005, 10:35 AM
I know it's not a car, but I really could use some input on this ad. If you saw it in a magazine/on a site...would you consider buying it?

*I am not advertising, I just want to know what you think of ad*

Thanks ahead of time...

dejavu
08-05-2005, 10:43 AM
Oh...and the ad isn't finshed...I still have some changes that have to be made...

StealthyTalon
08-05-2005, 10:53 AM
can't go wrong with a naked woman.

dejavu
08-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Yeah...but I mean more than just the picture. What about the text as well...

CodyW
08-05-2005, 01:38 PM
i'm a little picky and critical in this area (i do layout/design stuff for a living), but here are a few tips (don't take it as being rude or anything, but it's just my thoughts as someone who's been doing this type of stuff for a while)...

first, i'm not really feeling the typeface for the title. classy/elaborate stuff can be nice, but that font doesn't read extremely well in my opinion. i'd also keep the entire title the same color and possibly add a stroke to it if you want it to stand out a little more. next, i'd make sure all of the subhead/body/contact text is aligned on the left. having the title centered, the body copy left aligned, and then the contact info centered makes your eye jump around too much and it doesn't flow as well as it would if everything was aligned to a grid on the left side of the page. also, it's never a good idea to leave one word hanging on a single line like the last line of the paragraph so i'd play with the spacing of the words to eliminate that. i'd also try a few different shades of white (maybe make something gray) on the different sections to help seperate them a little.

overall, the concept isn't bad at all though and hopefully you can use some of these ideas to help make it flow a little better. keep up the good work, and feel free to let me know if you need any other suggestions.

dejavu
08-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks...that is what I was looking for.

I will try to make those changes and see how it does. The main idea of the ad is show that the tools are swiss made and to appeal to men...and how better to do that than to put a naked woman on there. The classy text is only there because the group of people we sell to are more...how should i put this...upper class engineers and technicians. These tools are designed for high precision work...like on aircrafts, smt machines, etc.

Anybody else got some ideas?